EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian Citizenship » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
a big issue...I would like to share my life with my mate, the problem is that he's Egyptian and is in the army and I am not Egyptian. A clear Egyptian rule bans Egyptian militaries to live with foreigner...in the long term, how does it take to request for Egyptian citizenship? I can try and look for a job there and spend all the necessary years in the country , just as much as it take, don't care...but what is really required?

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Is he just doing his military service or is he army proper?
If he is just doing his service then wait till it is over 3 years?
If he is army proper and it is his career and he intends to stay with them in the long term I think it takes 4-5 years to get citizenship?, but if you marry before 1st Jan 2007 he wont have to serve? I think i read this on ES last week?
Sorry a bit vague maybe someone else might know more

samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
...Unfo he is in the army, he's captain and his career is in the army...I can stay in egypt for 5 years and find a job there. I will if it can help me get citizenship and stay with him..I really thank you for the reply anyway. Truly.

All advises are welcome!

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Hope someone can help you? [Wink]

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Just found some info for you.
To get egyptian citizenship you need first to be married to egy man. Then you apply to the interior ministry and fill in form and get receipt. If you are still married after 2 years it will be granted.
But your prob is getting married to army guy???????????in the first place.........anyone any idea?

samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
Exactly!! I'd need the citizenship TO marry him / live with him....I cannot marry another man and then turn to him after two years..ahha, no way.

Ok, so, if we take it the other way around, how could it work? Maybe I have to call the embassy?

Does anybody know any way website / office where I could ask? (I am Italian but currently working in Congo...still, I can make phone calls from here :-)

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
What about the italian embassy in cairo? They will have all the details.
Maybe citizens from certain non-conflict countries are allowed to marry military egyptians?
Why does HE not ask the military about it? [Confused]

samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
..uhm, you are rightr. He should ask..if he's committed ;-)

maud verlet
Member # 11185
 - posted
Hi, I ve the same pb, exactly, my boyfriend is egyptian, in the army and...well, I d like to find a solution cos I can't imagine my life without him.

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Seems strange he has not?
His commanding officer can answer that question in 2 seconds........

maud verlet
Member # 11185
 - posted
but the answer seems to be NO...so what is the solution ?
Leaving army ?

samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
it sounds like...my bf went to Egypt for his holiday (he was on a mission here with me and here we met). so someone reported about a rel he had here and now he's risking his job. Solutions are 2: either I try to get citizenship in the long term (whatever it takes, as many years as it takes), either we leave each other. I would never want to cause him troubles so now I must step back until I have the solution in my hand.

Leaving the army...well, it's his career...I could never ask him this.

citizen
Member # 1344
 - posted
You CANNOT get Egyptian citizenship except by being born to an Egyptian man (and more recently an Egyptian woman) or being married to an Egptian man for two years. There is NO OTHER WAY to get citizenship.

samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
...wow...I see.

liamhanna
Member # 12272
 - posted
oh so a foreign man can get citiznshp by marriying an egyptian gal?

and why did nobody anwer my dam%$^$^ question about the children? in an earlier post... sorry to get off track

king-snefru
Member # 11670
 - posted
the Egyptian citizenship only granted to :
1- the children of an egyptian woman whose her husband is a forigner
2- the children of an egyptian man whose his wife is a forigner ( but here they get it in the day they were born) just like if their mum was Egyptian.
3- a forign wife of an egyptian man if she stayed for more than 2 years I think "iam not quite sure"

and there is no other way to get it apart of the previous 3 conditions.

by the way any soldier of the army can not get married to a forigner even if she is from an arab country.
so ITALY is just like the others.
I think the only way is for him to quit the army

any body there???
Member # 12272
 - posted
How long does "the children of an egyptian woman whose her husband is a forigner" take ?

ael_husseiny
Member # 10201
 - posted
they alos have th egyptian nationality if they apply for it, all u need is a lawyer.

liamhanna
Member # 12272
 - posted
and how long does it take? and why a lawyer why can't you just fill out the paper work etc?

samazing
Member # 12237
 - posted
...can an army man marry a foreigner with egyptian nationality rather than citizenship?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com