EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Foreigners among dead in fatal road accident » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Foreigners among dead in fatal road accident By AFP

First Published: November 19, 2006

CAIRO: Six people, including a Frenchman and an Italian, were killed and four others injured Saturday in a road accident in Egypt, the official Mena agency said.

One car collided into another after its tire burst near the village of Bahnasa, some 240 km south of Cairo, Mena said.

The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.

About 6,000 people die and 35,000 are injured in road accidents each year in Egypt. The transport ministry says they are the second-highest cause of death in the country and experts estimate they cause annual losses of up to $350 million.

Traffic regulations are often badly enforced while maintenance of vehicles is also poor. Many of the country's coastal and desert roads allow for high speeds and accidents caused by reckless overtaking are frequent.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=4023

annie_81
Member # 4149
 - posted
the Frencha and the Italian guy were UN employees on mission.

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
3 days ago about 5 mins away a public bus slammed into a pick up carrying oranges. The people were more concerned about picking up the oranges than slowing down the traffic and divereting it around the accident. I watched speechless at the 2 police standing leaning against their cars watching the carnage. Both making no attempt to do anything at all in the dark.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597
 - posted
I find it funny that the article makes no reference to the horrendous conditions of the roads ...

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com