EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » AUC degree in Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Anthropos
Member # 9410
 - posted
I need some advice. Can somebody please tell me if an degree from AUC is a good investment practically speaking? That is if I want to find a good job in Egypt after graduation. Is it worth it?

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953
 - posted
please clarify your question

You are graduating from AUC & you want to get a job in Egypt? what's the problem? AUCians always stand better chances on multinationals.

citizen
Member # 1344
 - posted
Yes, a degree from AUC is a good investment. Many companies actively seek out AUC graduates. It is the best university in Egypt for the subjects it offers.

Anthropos
Member # 9410
 - posted
Ok thanks - I am considering applying for graduate school there, but I wasn't sure if it was a truly good university. I suppose it is very prestigious in Egypt - the question remains about its validity internationally.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Ok thanks - I am considering applying for graduate school there, but I wasn't sure if it was a truly good university. I suppose it is very prestigious in Egypt - the question remains about its validity internationally.

I know alot of AUCians who got good jobs abroad...... still I am not sure about its validity abroad but i guess if you take a look at their website, they might be including something like that or you can call them up or pay them a vist & ask, it'd never hurt to ask. http://www.aucegypt.edu/

AUCians have a good reputation in the job market, atleast in Egypt & btw, many foreign students come from abroad to study for one year or something like that (as exchange students I guess)...... an American intern who was a friend of mine years ago came to study in Egypt at AUC for a year for his post grad degrees & then went back to the US.

better go there & check

Katanga we bass
Member # 12233
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

It's sh1t. Don't bother. You would be better off applying for Al-Azhar university. Seriously. Students know nothing but doing drugs and each other. They're practically illiterate. Just another fancy shmansy piece of sh1t that some focking moronisitc Egyptians like to spend there easy-earned cash on. Save your money. Their rep is not good as well. If you check its ranking worldwide, you won't even find it listed.

esso7
Member # 12215
 - posted
auc is the best university in Egypt .katanga auc is a very respectable university .

Anthropos if u need anything abt auc pvt me and good luck ,its an excellent investment and educational system

annie_81
Member # 4149
 - posted
Hi, depends what you want to study. If you are a business major and you want to find a job in a multinational company in Egypt, thats probably good.

However, if you are a social science major, as your nickname indicates, forget about it.

I am French-Canadian, I completed a BA in anthropology in Canada in 2004, and did a MA in refugee studies at AUC in 04-05.

AUC is indeed the best university in Egypt in many aspects but by international standards, its crap. I mean, do not think that because it is a private American institution that it holds up to international standards. It does not, not even close. The quality of education is very low, the library, although the biggest english language library in Egypt, is outdated and empty. Egyptians students have gone to crappy schools their entire lives and their levels of knowledge demonstrate that when they reach grad school. Moreover, student services are scarce and the bureaucray is a mess.

Even if there is "American" in the name of the school, it is still an Egyptian school ran by Egyptians. and its cultural organisation is Egyptian-like.

I am very disappointed with my experience at AUC. It was not worth 13 000$. At all.

Dalia*
Member # 10593
 - posted
GUC is also supposed to be good. [Cool]

www.guc.edu.eg/

cairobug
Member # 10571
 - posted
I can only put in my two cents with regards to the applied sciences or other science majors...It's not that great in or outside of Egypt for that matter. Egyptian Universities have, depending on the major, some great programs (minus the same issues that exist pretty much throughout Egypt). But I believe, and I must stress that I don't know enough (perhaps that's where Annie81 may be of help) for the liberal arts--it may not be a bad option.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com