EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » No more scheduled flights from Hurhada???? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
Was just looking at my old favourite, redseaflights.com , and noticed they weren't flying out of Hurghada any more!! Also, the airline they used, Astraeus, seems to have been taken over, and isn't being used by redsea flights.... and isn't going to Egypt!!!
OK, Hurghada and Sharm UK expats...... how do you get home now???
Is it back to the old option of going via Cairo, or is there another scheduled flight from Hurghada???
Any feedback.... maybe my old friend Semsema???

Penny
Member # 1925
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Was just looking at my old favourite, redseaflights.com , and noticed they weren't flying out of Hurghada any more!! Also, the airline they used, Astraeus, seems to have been taken over, and isn't being used by redsea flights.... and isn't going to Egypt!!!
OK, Hurghada and Sharm UK expats...... how do you get home now???
Is it back to the old option of going via Cairo, or is there another scheduled flight from Hurghada???

-------------------------------------------------
The flights operated by Red sea with Thomas Cook are still classified as scheduled flights. You can also still book the scheduled flight operated by British airways via GB flights direct with BA.
Any feedback.... maybe my old friend Semsema???

Des
Member # 9479
 - posted
Hi Penny,

Astraeus's contract with redseaflights ended a
couple of months ago and (I think) restarted with
Thomson on Fridays.

One thing for certain, flights are more expensive
much cheaper on BA, more choice of flights and
most important (for Me!!) you can book return
several months in advance!! [Smile] [Smile]

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
Hey Samia how are you. How was your first Xmas as a married woman? Give my love to M.

Have got someone on this re Astraeus.

Des, it may be cheaper to fly BA if you are going to Cairo but in my experience Red Sea Flights couldn't be beaten to fly to Hurghada from Gatwick. Flights could be booked 3 months in advance.

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Hey Samia how are you. How was your first Xmas as a married woman? Give my love to M.

Des, it may be cheaper to fly BA if you are going to Cairo but in my experience Red Sea Flights couldn't be beaten to fly to Hurghada from Gatwick. Flights could be booked 3 months in advance.

Hi ya Sem!!! Christmas was strange... in a motel.....
I bought a new car......
We now have bought our house... we take possession on Thursday, hopefully.....
we were thinking of coming to Egypt for a short time in march.... that's why we were asking!!!
Loads of love to you both!!!

Bombay1
Member # 5213
 - posted
I understand the Austraus flight only operates for the summer season (May-Nov) as its part chartered by Regal Dive. I don't think the Thomas Cook flight has any sheduled seats its only charter. BA only sheduled direct UK flights at the moment.
R

Asooma
Member # 8611
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:

Hi ya Sem!!! Christmas was strange... in a motel.....
I bought a new car......
We now have bought our house... we take possession on Thursday, hopefully.....
we were thinking of coming to Egypt for a short time in march.... that's why we were asking!!!
Loads of love to you both!!!

girl you have got married?? [Eek!] that's why you were hiding??
any congratlation [Wink]

imagine
Member # 11591
 - posted
hey Samia

Check out www.xl.com or www.thomascook.com. if contacting them while beeing in hurghada, you can purchase the ticket from them. i bought a ticket from blue sky travl in hurghada /bright sky travel/ and flew to hamburg. i dont know if they have flights to uk, but its woth giving a go.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com