EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » need shipping advice, moving to Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
So This Is It
Member # 12893
 - posted
I'm going to be living in Egypt with my husband for many months, starting in May. Can anyone give me suggestions about the cheapest way to ship some of my belongings? I'll not bother shipping things I can easily replace, but my reference books, clothes, etc, I want to bring with me. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by So This Is It:
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Don't ship a thing. Thank you.

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634
 - posted
Where does the shipping process go wrong?
There are thousands of company (probably more) that import products to sell in Egypt. That involves shipping and receiving.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Âutomatic For The People:
Where does the shipping process go wrong?

Excellent question.

At the delivery points and at the customs.

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634
 - posted
But what do importers do to get their products in?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:

Eeh ya Auto el-bara2ah di?

"Rishwah?"

- Mahmoud Yassin

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:

"Rishwah?"

- Mahmoud Yassin

LOL, I was thinking the very same thing! [Big Grin] We must stop meeting like this [Razz]

homing pigeon
Member # 8039
 - posted
It's not really all that bad.I've shipped stuff before. The cheapest is sea freight but if you really want to sit back and clear your head of worries, you can do door to door by airfreight. You can get a reasonable quote for about 100 kilos. If it's just books, that should be the easiest option. It depends on the value of the books though and whether they are replaceable in egypt or not. A heretfordshire based freight forwarding company quoted me about 350 pounds in English money to forward 100 kilos door to door from Hertford to Alexandria. It can be about 100 pounds cheaper if they send it just to the airport for me to pick up. There are people you could hire to do the job for you there called mokhaleseen.

FairyDust
Member # 7138
 - posted
It's more expensive from the USA. What about boxing it up and paying for it as extra baggage on the airplane?

Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653
 - posted
Find the nearst Kuehe & Nagel and ask them to container ship it as partload. They are cheap and reliable.

homing pigeon
Member # 8039
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
It's more expensive from the USA. What about boxing it up and paying for it as extra baggage on the airplane?

I thought about that, too but it turned out a lot more expensive

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:

"Rishwah?"

- Mahmoud Yassin

LOL, I was thinking the very same thing! [Big Grin] We must stop meeting like this [Razz]
I am fascinated by your intelligence! I don't know how long you lived in Egypt, but that fact that you understood what I wrote is simply brilliant.

You, Newcomer (hope she's well) and Dalia and other foreigners who lived in Egypt for a short while, and still managed to know so much about our culture and religion deserve a standing ovation.

The other day I thought of you ladies while watching an interview with the German ambassador in Cairo, and he was speaking fluent Arabic with a Lebanese accent (his wife is Lebanese). He said his favorite thing in Egypt is Koshari [Cool]

annie_81
Member # 4149
 - posted
Dont ship anything. Pay for extra luggage and get your friend/family to bring you a box when they come to visit.

egyptian999
Member # 13087
 - posted
just come with your shipship

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com