EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Thunder and lightning » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
LovedOne
Member # 10222
 - posted
There's an awesome thunder and lightning storm going on now in Cairo. It's been going for many hours now and it's finally getting close to our apartment.
We only felt a few sprinkles of rain earlier in the evening. I'm not sure if it's raining elsewhere or not.

Anyone else notice the storm? MashAllah!
I just think they're so exciting, I love them.
[Smile]

And I'm so excited this is happening while I'm here! [Big Grin]

beachlife
Member # 13583
 - posted
I love thunder n lightning storms...I have never heard thunder or seen lightning since I lived in Egypt...Sobhanallah I started writing this a while ago and left and was sitting in a another room and the thunder and lightning began here in Ismailia also...now it is affecting the satellite dish lol

Egy_mada
Member # 11992
 - posted
Yes, it is now almost 5:00am, and it started at 2:00am, it is still going on.
Thunder is so strong, my room had many flashes from the lightning.
The surprise that an idea came to my mind to use my digital camera to shoot the lightning.
You will never believe it, after 30 seconds, I could record a complete lightning from the start spark till spreading in the wide sky.
I was frozen when it started and was not sure what did I record exactly. it is amazing

I can email that short movie to anyone asks for it.
Rehab buildings are so clear, my car is in the park, and then up to the lightening in the sky.

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
Just a few sprinkles here in Shebin last night, otherwise it's been nice. As my husband says, 'I'm hardly waiting' for the first REAL rain. [Big Grin]

LovedOne
Member # 10222
 - posted
Well, it's 9 a.m. now and the storm is still going. It just started raining again actually.
Last night after I posted it started raining pretty good.
My husband says it never storms this time of year and even when it does storm it doesn't last so long.
I guess we're not going to the pyramids today.
lol

Keep Smiling
Member # 14274
 - posted
I just heard that it will go on for 48 hours, wow thats cool (no work) haha

Member # 10289
 - posted
I hope it reaches us. [Smile] I would love to see some rain. [Smile]

Leito
Member # 14189
 - posted
It's storming coz Leito is in town. Bleecch.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217
 - posted
I think thunder is very romantic unless it's the continuous back2back2back boom-boom-boom and a zoom zoom [Big Grin]

Member # 10289
 - posted
[Eek!] Run !!!! [Eek!]

[Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

jean_bean
Member # 13715
 - posted
yup...it did all the storming thing here too last night, and finally rained about 9 ish.
and woke up this morning, and more thunder, but no rain...guess it went right over us.
oh well...my garden looks nice & green this morning - all the leaves are clean !

Egy_mada
Member # 11992
 - posted
Wow, it is like women talk after finishing preparing food and waiting for husbinds to come back from work.
Only me and Leito are males here.
I read the word 'My Husbind' many times.
OK ladies, my wife was sleeping and refused to wake up and see the lightning, but my daughter did.
It was me and this 2 yrs old little lady sitting in front of the windows and imitating the same sounds.

Member # 10289
 - posted
SO nice Egy, sounds like a very nice memory. [Smile] I agree we need more men around here to balance out the Estrogen. [Big Grin]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
yup...it did all the storming thing here too last night, and finally rained about 9 ish.
and woke up this morning, and more thunder, but no rain...guess it went right over us.
oh well...my garden looks nice & green this morning - all the leaves are clean !

Hi Jean,

I think for anyone who has lived in Egypt or currently lives in Egypt such natural beauty is very rare. So I am happy for the people there and they should very well enjoy it. I remember how much I wished it would rain to simply put the color back in the trees.

Enjoy it [Smile] and snap some pics of the garden.

Oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Egy_mada:
Yes, it is now almost 5:00am, and it started at 2:00am, it is still going on.
Thunder is so strong, my room had many flashes from the lightning.
The surprise that an idea came to my mind to use my digital camera to shoot the lightning.
You will never believe it, after 30 seconds, I could record a complete lightning from the start spark till spreading in the wide sky.
I was frozen when it started and was not sure what did I record exactly. it is amazing

I can email that short movie to anyone asks for it.
Rehab buildings are so clear, my car is in the park, and then up to the lightening in the sky.

I'd love to see it, can u upload it to Youtube or something - would love to see if it shows lightning moving from the ground up to the sky which is what I was taught at school really happens!

TOOT Suite :)
Member # 14248
 - posted
That was awesome
Took a chairs into the middle of the garden away from the trees and metal balconies and just sat there awe struck at the sheet lightening covering the skies.
Seems like God was finishing the Eid celebrations with a firework display better than any one I ever saw.

Garden all lush and the leaves are all green after their bath.
[Big Grin]

egy mada
please upload to u tube and post the link here for us

Leito
Member # 14189
 - posted
I'm men enough for this thread. Solo!!!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com