EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » New Year's Eve » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
FairyDust
Member # 7138
 - posted
Is there any festivities in Cairo for New Year's Eve?

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
I don't remember anything when I was there for New Year's Eve last year but probably the hotels near the Nile would have something going on? When I went Eid was the bigger celebration.

Exiled
Member # 14410
 - posted
The only organized state festivity that I recall was the Aida opera that was performed at the pyramids to mark the new millennia back in 2000. Other than that there really isn’t anything and even that was primarily for the wealthy with pricey tickets.

Most expats with contractual work fly home for the holidays and the ones that remain manage to celebrate at hotels, pubs, private parties. Celebrations in a general sense are non existent – there isn’t an official countdown center where people congregate and party.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873
 - posted
There are, but they're very expensive.

quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
Celebrations in a general sense are non existent – there isn’t an official countdown center where people congregate and party.

Sadly this is true.

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
VB, why don't you hold your own New Year's party and invite some of us! [Big Grin] I think it would be great fun!!! [Smile] (notice I didn't suggest to do so myself, like who the hell would travel out to Shebin for that??)

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:
Celebrations in a general sense are non existent – there isn’t an official countdown center where people congregate and party.

Sadly this is true.
I can't imagine this in Egypt ever to happen!!

Exiled
Member # 14410
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
There are, but they're very expensive.

quote:

Sadly this is true.
This is one of the aspects about Middle Eastern nations that annoy me. It’s an extortionist mentality where the thinking is if someone could afford to celebrate New Years then they could afford to pay the exorbitant price tag.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
VB, why don't you hold your own New Year's party and invite some of us! [Big Grin] I think it would be great fun!!! [Smile] (notice I didn't suggest to do so myself, like who the hell would travel out to Shebin for that??)

If i was in Egypt by that time,i would travel to join you in Shebin,Smuckers. [Cool]

Member # 10289
 - posted
Yea well it wouldn't be a very fun party at my place, pin the tail on the ES member, non-alcholic beer and lots of pizza and cake. [Big Grin]

Alchemist
Member # 12318
 - posted
I like cake. [Smile]

And Pizza! chop chop Smucky! [Big Grin]

Member # 10289
 - posted
Yea well, between you and me Alchemist I have a feeling VB is going to spike my pizza with some "special zaatar". [Mad]

Alchemist
Member # 12318
 - posted
No No Smucky, that's the BROWNIES. [Cool]

ATTENTION! Everyone at the party steer clear of VB's brownies!

Smucky! Stop trying to sneak over there! [Embarrassed] [Razz]

Member # 10289
 - posted
DARN IT she caught me. [Razz]
I hear VB makes a mean spicy Calzone. [Big Grin]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com