EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The perils of Pauline... » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum...

Today I decided to try and get to Carrefour by bus. So I took a bus from outside my home to the pyramids. Well, I got off the bus and there was this pile of wet sand in the way - so I stepped on it. Next thing I knew I was up to my knees and sinking.
I started yelling - somebody help me please and people were looking at me in disbelief!
Someone started coming to help me, then a bus went past and a man jumped off, put his hand out to me and pulled me out. Well up to my knees was just sopping wet and covered in sand. So I sat on the kerb laughing. Another man came over with a bottle of water and a sponge so I could start to clean it off.
Then a policeman came over and said to follow him to some secret police place behind the fence - so I did. Well there was a ladies toilet across some wasteland with a shitafer so I was able to wash
down my trainers and jeans. Apart from having my head patted and the policeman going 'bosa bosa' to which I replied 'la la', I escaped relatively unscathed.
Anyway, tried to find the Alex Road and bus to Carrefour but everyone kept telling me it was the next road round (I was at that big roundabout outside the Meridian hotel). Eventually, a taxi driver took pity on me and said he would take me for 10LE!!!! (Last time I took a taxi from my home to Carrefour - price negotiated by Toots hubbie i- it cost 30LE so a bit of a bargin there).
I gave him 12LE when we got here because he was not a money-grasping whatsit.

I wonder what terrors the ride home will bring [Big Grin]

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
I'm not wishing anybody a good day or night anymore. [Big Grin]

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
I don't understand, what was going on with the policeman ??

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Oldbag, seriously I want to hear more about your adventures in Egypt. Write a book.... I wanna secure the first copy! You are too funny!! [Smile]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
Yuk, i wopuld hate to be stuck in wt sand, really sounded a nightmare, glad you had people to help you

Oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I don't understand, what was going on with the policeman ??

Well when it was obvious that the disaster required more than a 2l bottle of water to clean up, he took me through this doorway in the fence and across some wasteland to some toilets - seemed to be associated with some kind of furniture making place.

When I was trying to wash the mud off my legs, he started patting my hair and when I stood up he said 'bosa bosa' which means 'kiss kiss'. But I said 'la la' ('no no') and he left me alone then.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Mish mumkin!! [Big Grin]

south_london_male
Member # 3917
 - posted
All the help he gave and he wanted Bosa only! what a bargain!

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
Glad you survived the quick sand. Let's hope you meet something cool like godzilla or T-rex. [Big Grin]

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
Ugghhh so he was asking you to kiss him!!? [Eek!]
Holy Shittake Mushrooms! [Eek!] I would have screamed and run off....but I'm jittery. [Wink]

samakwish
Member # 9228
 - posted
Poor Oldbag [Big Grin] If it helps, once when I was in Luxor, I was all dressed up and ready to go to a restaurant and then disaster struck. They are always watering the streets in Luxor and then this caleche horse stamped in a huge puddle in the gutter and splattered me from head to toe with mud. After this I got dragged into a jewellers and was mopped down with a filthy rag, by some over- enthusiastic man. I never could get the mud stains out of my clothes.

jean_bean
Member # 13715
 - posted
geez Louise...what an experience to have OB !

you sure are the adventurous one.

next time you decide on an outing to Carrefour - give me a call, dammit.
I will drive ya !!!
but then again - my driving skills in this crazy country might make your hair fall out !
I got a heavy foot. [Razz]

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
geez Louise...what an experience to have OB !

you sure are the adventurous one.

next time you decide on an outing to Carrefour - give me a call, dammit.
I will drive ya !!!
but then again - my driving skills in this crazy country might make your hair fall out !

Hmmm... Bad driving vs. Man swallowing pits.

I wonder which she will choose. [Razz]

advocate
Member # 13367
 - posted
Oldbag you have brightened up my otherwise miserable day! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

soozi
Member # 11108
 - posted
Lol, between you and Black Dahlia, I've had a really good chuckle this afternoon! [Big Grin] [Razz]

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
my driving skills in this crazy country might make your hair fall out !

lolol.... [Big Grin]

Korvin's
Member # 14099
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum...

Today I decided to try and get to Carrefour by bus. So I took a bus from outside my home to the pyramids. Well, I got off the bus and there was this pile of wet sand in the way - so I stepped on it. Next thing I knew I was up to my knees and sinking.
I started yelling - somebody help me please and people were looking at me in disbelief!
Someone started coming to help me, then a bus went past and a man jumped off, put his hand out to me and pulled me out. Well up to my knees was just sopping wet and covered in sand. So I sat on the kerb laughing. Another man came over with a bottle of water and a sponge so I could start to clean it off.
Then a policeman came over and said to follow him to some secret police place behind the fence - so I did. Well there was a ladies toilet across some wasteland with a shitafer so I was able to wash
down my trainers and jeans. Apart from having my head patted and the policeman going 'bosa bosa' to which I replied 'la la', I escaped relatively unscathed.
Anyway, tried to find the Alex Road and bus to Carrefour but everyone kept telling me it was the next road round (I was at that big roundabout outside the Meridian hotel). Eventually, a taxi driver took pity on me and said he would take me for 10LE!!!! (Last time I took a taxi from my home to Carrefour - price negotiated by Toots hubbie i- it cost 30LE so a bit of a bargin there).
I gave him 12LE when we got here because he was not a money-grasping whatsit.

I wonder what terrors the ride home will bring [Big Grin]

Don't you just love Egypt ?! [Smile]

manx
Member # 14517
 - posted
[Smile] that wuold be YES [Big Grin]

Korvin's
Member # 14099
 - posted
Who said it would be no ?! [Razz]

Ramesses
Member # 13179
 - posted
[Big Grin]

Ngeg
Member # 1271
 - posted
Wowwwwwwwwww...That is just super cool BOSA BOSA..LA LA! hahahahahahahahahah!! So freakin' cool!

TOOT Suite :)
Member # 14248
 - posted
Oldbag

tell us all about your latest adventures

[Big Grin]

Oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
Had a fabulous day out yesterday.

Will post more later when I've uploaded some photos....

Citadel, St Simon the Tanner, Zebulan town, Opera House, Modern Art Musuem.

Whole day out including microbus, metro, taxis, entrance tickets, lunch, icecreams, backsheesh, drinkies = 200LE for 2 people (including 40LE each to get in Citadel) [Big Grin]

Total bargain say I!

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Usm9SpnHYJQ

reminded me of something [Big Grin]

PS despite the title this is a FUNNY video and nothing to do with wars.

advocate
Member # 13367
 - posted
Bloody hell B, I thought I was having a spot of deja vu reading this thread then!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
check out the video though its thought provokingly funny [Big Grin]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com