EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 7 similarities between egypt and turkey » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
hi all:))
let's write 7 similarities between turkey and egypt!! can we do this:)let's try thenn

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
WOOOO! I voted 7 similarities.

massenburg2008
Member # 14767
 - posted
Both have Dogan's and Shahin's (cars).

desertgirl
Member # 12450
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
WOOOO! I voted 7 similarities.

shhhhh Vader, it has to be anonymous [Big Grin]

desertgirl
Member # 12450
 - posted
Similarities???
Lots of tourists visit both countries in their holidays. [Razz]

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
1 Majority is Muslim
2 Mostly Men are pounchy [Big Grin]
3 Mostly Women are haunchy [Big Grin]
4 Both of them in the list of the most populous 20 countries of the world, that means they are alll horny [Big Grin]
5 Turkish Riviera=Red Sea (you got what I meant) [Big Grin]
6 Both love baklawa
7 Don' have addiction to Nutella like ussss DG!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
i wanna talk about the architectural of both countries.they have to be similar as well cause of history.and as i heard there are some streets which names are turkish.right?and also i wonder smt as i see the pics of egypt buildings i noticed smt.the buldings have no color.why?they look dusty..why are not they painted or why are they always grey?

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
by the way,one more similarity:
belly dancing:)))

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
Handan, there is a street name Lazoghly [Big Grin]

They use 'afandim' frequently and the foods are almost the same. It s the only Muslim country that loves Turks too much and has no problem with Ottoman period.

Yes there are buildings from Ottoman Architecture but as you say need some restoration.

Buildings may look dusty but it dosent bother me.

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
he he.it does not bother me as well.but it felt me so so strange.it is same in syria.no color.
by the way they say tamam:) and they say tayyip for smt:))) it is told me that they know hasan sas very well.he he.and we have really common foods.we have smt in my hometown named kahke.and they have smt similar to it.and plus to the similarities some words used in the east of turkey (by me and my family) are same again.eg:days(hamis,erbaa,sep..)for example for parsley in my hometown we say bahdeniz and in egypt they say bakdunes or smt like this:))

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
more similarities:

qahwa turki [Big Grin]
shisha = narghile

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
And Handan, Egyptian men love Turkish women [Wink]
They say, they are beautiful like Spanish women, have almost the same sense of humour and modern Muslims [Razz]

So you see your boyfriend has too many reasons for choosing you [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by handan23:
he he.it does not bother me as well.but it felt me so so strange.it is same in syria.no color.
by the way they say tamam:) and they say tayyip for smt:))) it is told me that they know hasan sas very well.he he.and we have really common foods.we have smt in my hometown named kahke.and they have smt similar to it.and plus to the similarities some words used in the east of turkey (by me and my family) are same again.eg:days(hamis,erbaa,sep..)for example for parsley in my hometown we say bahdeniz and in egypt they say bakdunes or smt like this:))

Don´t mess with Syria,huh? [Mad] [Wink]

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
Sash her hometown is nearer to Syria, just 1 hour [Wink]
But honestly Syria's architecture is better, especially the new Allepo is very nice.

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
i have said nothing wrong about syria [Mad]
i mess nothing with nothing.i said what i see.is smt wrong to talk about the architecture???

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
And Handan, Egyptian men love Turkish women [Wink]
They say, they are beautiful like Spanish women, have almost the same sense of humour and modern Muslims [Razz]

So you see your boyfriend has too many reasons for choosing you [Big Grin]

hmm i guess yes they love turkish ladies.but i have an egyptian girlfriend and she loves turkish boys.i will marry her to my brother [Big Grin] i know few egyptians and they are quiet well.but a bit angry [Wink] and sometimes too jealouss he he no problem.they are also too compassionate [Wink]

adeptpervert
Member # 15245
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
more similarities:

qahwa turki [Big Grin]
shisha = narghile

I am grateful to the turks because they introduced both here especially shish.

massenburg2008
Member # 14767
 - posted
When Egyptian pop meets Turkish

Hisham Abbas - Ya Habibi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5i10Sf8Zg

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
When Egyptian pop meets Turkish

Hisham Abbas - Ya Habibi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5i10Sf8Zg

[Big Grin] and sounds of many songs are similar.for example amr diab's song w7ashtiny's song is same with the sound of ebru gundes' song hayatta basarilar diliyorum

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
does anyone have opinion about the egyptian marriage tradition? about wedding party,family's meeting( but islamic or religious wedding tradition:))

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
Both screw tourists

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
You mean Turks & Egyptians Yorkie??

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
I've never been harrassed in Turkey during my 2 trips there as i've been in Egypt.

manx
Member # 14517
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
I've never been harrassed in Turkey during my 2 trips there as i've been in Egypt.

agree sash, never been harrassed in turkey [Big Grin]

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Shah, do you have an equivalent of 'orfi' marriage in Turkey??

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
No Tiger, we don't have anything like orfi. Everybody is free to sleep in the same room or walk on the streets. Only 1 legal marriage done by the governorship. People do religious marriage as well if they want.
But if somebody says that he s married with a woman with only religious marriage, it's a crime.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
Something makes me think this orfi is an Egyptian thing. [Roll Eyes]

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
There is something called Moutaa marriage????

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Nikah mut‘ah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Mut%27ah

Misyaar Marriage

http://delhi4cats.wordpress.com/2008/06/17/misyaar-marriage-what-is-it-and-who-would-want-it/

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
quote:
No Tiger, we don't have anything like orfi. Everybody is free to sleep in the same room or walk on the streets. Only 1 legal marriage done by the governorship. People do religious marriage as well if they want.
But if somebody says that he s married with a woman with only religious marriage, it's a crime.

sharazat dear
what does this orfi marriage mean [Roll Eyes]

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
It s a marriage done by a lawyer. In Egypt, you cannot stay in the same room with your boy friend without marriage. Some people say they cannot walk in the streets either as police can stop and ask if you are married or not.
So when they have that orfi marriage paper, they can stay in the same room or walk peacefully.
But you don't have legal rights as a spouse with that marriage.. I hope I ve given right info [Smile]

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
hmmm [Roll Eyes] thank you dear.this is another kind of imam nikahı i think.so i can not meet my boyfriend in egypt without a marriage [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
It s a marriage done by a lawyer. In Egypt, you cannot stay in the same room with your boy friend without marriage. Some people say they cannot walk in the streets either as police can stop and ask if you are married or not.
So when they have that orfi marriage paper, they can stay in the same room or walk peacefully.
But you don't have legal rights as a spouse with that marriage.. I hope I ve given right info [Smile]

.....or watch movies at home together [Big Grin]

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
Bazooka, police won't stop you and ask you if you're married. That just doesn't happen.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
Now here´s a huge similarity between Egypt and Turkey,their tourist gigolo hunks [Big Grin]

Check this very good movie,¨Turkish Passion¨,based on the Spain author Antonio Gala original book titled ¨La Pasion Turca¨.

Very passionate recomended reading [Wink]

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/26481/turkish-passion-2dvd-spanish-release/

cbrbddd
Member # 3891
 - posted
sashy . . . [Roll Eyes] . . . lol!!

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
sashy . . . [Roll Eyes] . . . lol!!

Did you read the book or see the movie,crbdd?

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Now here´s a huge similarity between Egypt and Turkey,their tourist gigolo hunks [Big Grin]

Check this very good movie,¨Turkish Passion¨,based on the Spain author Antonio Gala original book titled ¨La Pasion Turca¨.

Very passionate recomended reading [Wink]

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/26481/turkish-passion-2dvd-spanish-release/

aha i made a search about this film.and it is said to be good.i will watch it insalah
[Big Grin] but i could not understand its relation to egypt [Roll Eyes]

karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
Egypt + Turkey eat Shawurma.

handan23
Member # 15479
 - posted
they both eat musakka and babugannus??

mkhasen
Member # 15388
 - posted
I see only similarity both have stuffed grape leaves: dolma/warak enab. Btw, I wander why there are no Turkish restaurants in Cairo. I missed Turkish food so much, the best in the world.

Dzosser
Member # 9572
 - posted
There's one in mohandessin (hope its still there) called Ataturk..off Shehab towards Gameat el dowal.
Another similarity is tavla=tawla, ancient architecture is similar in both,mashrabeya,faskeya(fountain),diwan,haramlek,salamlek,mosque interiors,kobkab,turkish baths,also many popular arabic songs are stolen from turkish ones..linda linda and el eyoun el sood and many others.

'Shahrazat'
Member # 12769
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by mkhasen:
I see only similarity both have stuffed grape leaves: dolma/warak enab. Btw, I wander why there are no Turkish restaurants in Cairo. I missed Turkish food so much, the best in the world.

Somebody wants to open one too much [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Adoula
Member # 2346
 - posted
well, generally speaking the closest kitchen to the Egyptian taste would be : The Turkish one.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com