EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How Long Have You Lived in Egypt? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
Just curious which members live here and how long.

I moved here 6 years ago this past June.
Lived in Cairo (Heliopolis)the first six months, then in Alex (Asafrah) for 4 years, and now on the North Coast.

How about you?

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
Oh really you live permanently on the North Coast? It's beautiful, but I always thought of it as more of a vacation spot than a place of permanent residence.

malak
Member # 3654
 - posted
I lived and worked from 96 to 2001, but bought property during this time so moving back in a few weeks time!
However seems like I have never been away, visit 2-3 times a year family and work.

Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
Oh really you live permanently on the North Coast? It's beautiful, but I always thought of it as more of a vacation spot than a place of permanent residence.

It's becoming both 7ayat. Alex is moving west, and some who just got fed up with the congestion of the city are moving out.

I always wondered why so few live out here, slowly but surely some are catching on to how much nicer it is for year round living.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
Im living here 1 year tomorrow,
Lived in cairo for the first 2 months and then Alex miamy the rest of the time.
A real eventful year, married 2 times, to the same man may i add, lost baby,went bankrupt heheheheheh, and well well see wht the next year will bring.
Im still happy to be here and this is the main thing.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Living here 5 years this past July and all the time in Luxor. Sometimes it feels I have lived here for ever and other times it seems just yesterday. Enjoy every second

jean_bean
Member # 13715
 - posted
been about 2 and a half years.
time sure does fly !

Kokanee
Member # 15510
 - posted
Have lived 2 years in Cairo...back to Canada, and am heading back to Cairo in two days!

linsey
Member # 15631
 - posted
I've only lived here about 6 months. 4 months in Sharm doing the normal tourist work and 2 months in Cairo. Not sure if we're going to settle in Cairo or Sharm yet though. But i will never do animation work in Sharm again!!!!

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
since 30th april 2007, thats 15 months, all of it in Luxor.

lynn
Member # 887
 - posted
Hard to believe, but I've been in Alex 20 years, 3 months and 10 days!
Still love it and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Momma Dukes
Member # 14252
 - posted
do all you girls speak arab well?

hmozachsown
Member # 14872
 - posted
wow I had no idea you all had been there so long! YR congrats on the 1 year anniversary! I wonder what will happen to me in the comming year, lol.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
Hard to believe, but I've been in Alex 20 years, 3 months and 10 days!
Still love it and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Wow! 20 years! That's a lifetime! Tell us more about your life in Alex! [Smile]

garfield
Member # 10258
 - posted
Will be here 10 years in October. 9 months in Cairo and the rest of the time in Hurghada. My dream would be summer in America and winter in Egypt. Speak enough Arabic to get by..but still damage it so better not to speak it..hahhhahahahh

Kokanee
Member # 15510
 - posted
I speak abit....but need to learn more.

Ott
Member # 15607
 - posted
25 Years

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
I lived and worked there for almost 4 years, in Hurghada.... spoke enough Arabic to 'get by' .. had a wonderful lady teacher!
Moved away to live in USA in December 2006.
Planning to spend this winter in Hurghada and Dahab.

karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
I don't think anyone can beat me 31 years.

Kate-england
Member # 14873
 - posted
What was it that made you want to move to Egypt in the first place, because when i say i want to move there people automatically say i bet you just went on holiday there and thought it would be the same to live there, so what other way can make you want to live there without trying it out on holiday?

Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kate-england:
What was it that made you want to move to Egypt in the first place, because when i say i want to move there people automatically say i bet you just went on holiday there and thought it would be the same to live there, so what other way can make you want to live there without trying it out on holiday?

I moved here Kate, because this is where my (husband to be) lived. He was well established here, though Palestinian, and had no desire to move to the states. So this is now home for me, for ever and after.

Shareen
Member # 989
 - posted
I've lived here 11 months now and wouldnt want to live anywhere else despite those moments when I would do anything to get out of here! All of it in Luxor.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com