EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Taking Transavia from Hurghada » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
_picoSam
Member # 12100
 - posted
Hi all, I found very cheap tickets online using transavia.com to Paris. Is it okay for an Egyptian to fly from Hurghada to Paris using Transavia though? I think it's a low-cost carrier. Is there a difference between those and charter flights? Cause I'm sure Egyptians cannot take charter flights from anywhere to Europe, but they can always take scheduled flights. The funny thing is that the website (transavia.com) allows you to book from Hurghada to Paris but never from anywhere in Egypt to Amsterdam! I still cannot explain this.

desertgirl
Member # 12450
 - posted
I always fly from Amsterdam to Hurghada (and back of course [Big Grin] ) with transavia.com. It is cheaper indeed but the service is excellent. The girls wear ugly green skirts but that's just a detail of course. lol [Big Grin]
The food on board is yummy and they sell like all kinds of nuts. Also delicious!
Have a great trip! [Smile]

_picoSam
Member # 12100
 - posted
Yes but are you Egyptian or a foreigner? And does your flight originate from Cairo or Amsterdam? If it originates from Cairo, then how do you buy it? I say so because on the website it's impossible to book a flight that originates from Cairo except to Orly (Paris).

Thank you,
Sammy

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452
 - posted
Hi Sammy,

In Hurghada (and possibly Sharm) there was a law that stated nobody could leave on a charter flight from these areas if they had been in Egypt for more than 2 weeks. The only way they could leave was using a scheduled flight. This applied to Egyptians and foreigners.

The law has been around for ages but about 4 years ago they decided to enforce it and were turning people away from the airport even though they had purchased tickets. It happened suddenly and I don't know what the situation has been since then.

At the time, travel agents were advising people to fly from Cairo because I don't think the rule applied there.

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
Just looked... from Paris to HRG on 9th Nov...1 euro.
Taxes etc. a whopping 100 euros.
I hate taxes!!!!
We're trying to find a cheap way to get from Atlanta to HRG via London for the winter.... Ther's no such thing as a cheap flight any more!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

desertgirl
Member # 12450
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by _picoSam:
Yes but are you Egyptian or a foreigner? And does your flight originate from Cairo or Amsterdam? If it originates from Cairo, then how do you buy it? I say so because on the website it's impossible to book a flight that originates from Cairo except to Orly (Paris).

Thank you,
Sammy

I am not Egyptian. My flight originates from Amsterdam. Sorry, can't help you. [Frown]
It is indeed not possible to book a flight from Cairo to Amsterdam.

GM44
Member # 13971
 - posted
Try Jetair, to Belgium.
http://www.jetairfly.com/en/index.php

You can book a one-way ticket from Cairo or Hurghada, also when you are living in Egypt.
For Egyptians, I don't know, please contact Jetair.

desertgirl
Member # 12450
 - posted
Heyy, I happen to live in that small country called Belgium [Smile] , it is possible for Belgians to fly to Cairo/ to Hurghada from Brussels but not for Egyptians from Cairo/ Hurghada to Brussels. [Frown]

GM44, interesting link! [Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com