EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Clothing » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405
 - posted
Hello,

I wasn't sure where to put this thread so thought that I would post it here because it has some relevance to those woman living in Egypt [Smile]

Moderators: Can we have a section for general information? So that we can post items like I am about to ask [Smile]

So here is my question.......

I was wondering if anyone here who lives in the UK knows of any shops (direct or online) that you can buy those under tops that a lot of the Egyptian women wear under there clothes?

I have tried searching online but not much luck yet.

I did buy a few of these tops when I was on my recent visit to Egypt but now back home in the UK I wish that I had bought more [Smile]

I did buy a polo/turtle neck from the famous M&S yesterday but unfortunately it is only available in boring black and it isn't as tight/clingy as the ones I bought in Egypt [Smile]

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks [Smile]

**Caterpillar**
Member # 14977
 - posted
http://www.shukr.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=wB0632&Category_Code=women-tops

Similar but 4 times the price

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405
 - posted
Thank Caterpillar, they are expensive, I am also trying to find the ones with the high neck.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365
 - posted
That was exactly what I was wondering MS, cheers for asking. I think I'm going to settle for long (or mid length) sleeved, round neck T-shirts, however, they wont be as high as you're hoping.
Here's a red poloneck that looks quite nice:
http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=88915&parent_category_rn=88619&productId=8 04776&langId=-1

Or, why not try ebay, you will find loads for great prices: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&satitle=polo+neck&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&a6=-24&a47=-24&a56=-24&alist=a6%2Ca3801%2Ca53%2Ca70745%2Ca 22750%2Ca14%2Ca47%2Ca56%2Ca65131&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1623&pfid=2197&pf_query=polo+neck&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=Postcode&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1 &ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405
 - posted
Weirdkitty - The red one from DP is similar to the black one that I bought from M&S yesteday.

I have looked on ebay and found a few. I actually bought 2 black short sleeved ones from here before I came to Egypt 4 weeks ago.

The ones I bought in Egypt are more clingy, think they are probably 100% lycra. I want them to be able to wear under short sleeved tunics. I know that I could buy them on my next trip because they are a fraction of the price that they are here (approx £5.00 each) but I want to have be able to buy tunic tops knowing that I have the undertop for it [Smile]

Anyone fancy doing some shopping for me on their next trip to Egypt? [Smile]

There must be shops here in the UK that sell the same kind of top. The next time I see a woman in the street wearing one I will grab here and ask where she got it from.....knowing my luck she will say Egypt [Big Grin]

Inspector Barnaby
Member # 14248
 - posted
Miss Sharm

do you mean these ones?

like this?

They do them in all colours and in short sleeves and polo neck styles too.

mysticheart
Member # 6838
 - posted
there is a shop in mohondasen, they have an online store, i will have to look in my laptop though to find the site. Next time i get on it i will write down the site and then post it for you.

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452
 - posted
You might mean the "carina" tops. They're not all the same brand but this is the unofficial name for them (otherwise people here call them "body").

I found a Carina website in the US, but the prices are outrageous. I don't think you pay more than 50-60 LE in Cairo. Anyway, here it is:Carina

They also only seem to have 4 products [Confused]

Delicious Baron
Member # 15639
 - posted
There's only 1 product there I need, "sleeves".

I bought a number of sleevless tops silk, linen, and cotton; some also with plunging necklines.

This type of under shirt will save at least 8 shirts from going to a thrift shop and most of them are favorites.

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
there is a shop in mohondasen, they have an online store, i will have to look in my laptop though to find the site. Next time i get on it i will write down the site and then post it for you.

Thank you mystic that would be really useful [Smile]

It is the Carina tops that I bought when I was there, some with the polo neck and some with the round neck. I find them so useful because it means that I don't have to get rid of many of the short sleeved/strappy tops that I have.

I would buy the body top/leotard but I don't like being fastened up, feel quite restricted and they never seem to stay in place [Smile]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365
 - posted
If you find anything, keep us posted. I want a similar thing, just not high neck (although obviously not low either, lol). I just want a black one and white one. I've lots of summer dresses I want to wear (all long anyway because I rarely show my legs). Last time I was putting a large shawl around me, and it just kept getting in the way or sliding down.

Also, what are the dress sizes in egypt compared to in England?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com