EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Melamine in Snickers Kit Kat and M&M's!! » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vote Obama save our planet
Member # 14248
 - posted
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- South Korea's food watchdog has ordered four more Chinese-made food products to be destroyed after they were found to contain the industrial chemical melamine.
Chinese food safety personnel check the fresh milk at a milk collection station in Chengdu, China.Chinese food safety personnel check the fresh milk at a milk collection station in Chengdu, China.
Melamine was found in Snickers Peanut Funsize and M&Ms chocolate milk made by Mars, as well as KitKat wafers made by Nestle and a biscuit manufactured by Lotte Confectionery Co., the Food and Drug Administration said in a statement Saturday.
The test results raise the number of known melamine-tainted food products imported to South Korea from China to 10.
About 430 Chinese-made products using dairy ingredients have already been pulled from store shelves and put into storage pending tests.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has said small amounts of melamine -- less than 2.5 parts per million -- are not harmful in most foods, except baby formula.
The South Korean tests found 1.78 parts per million of melamine in Snickers bars, 2.38 parts per million in M&Ms, 2.89 parts per million for KitKats, and up to 3.36 parts per million in the Lotte biscuits.
Lotte and Mars Korea said they were withdrawing their products. Comments from Nestle Korea were not immediately available.
Last week, Seoul suspended imports of all Chinese-made foods using dairy ingredients.
Don't Miss
Parents sue dairy in tainted milk case
31 new milk powder batches found tainted

Sharona
Member # 15768
 - posted
Is this including abroad or are we safe .

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
If the confectionary wasn't safe it would have been pulled. I think the contaminated foodstuffs are both plant and country specific so unless you are eating export products I would not worry.

Cadbury would definatley pull products globally if contamination is found outside of Asia.

The Ministry of Common Sense
Member # 15597
 - posted
We really have no idea what's in any of our manufactured food. Consider this tidbit:

From the Herald, Sharon, PA July 6, 2007:

Supposedly the average American eats about as many hot dogs in a year as Chestnut gobbled in a dozen minutes. While hot dogs are as American as apple pie, they aren’t any better for you than apple pie. In fact, they are worse. At least pie has some fruit.

When you consider the stuff that’s in hot dogs, yikes! Obviously, they don’t put the best parts of the animals in them. Throw in some chemical additives, maybe a little sawdust. Then when you consider that they reportedly can legally contain limited amounts of rat hair and excrement ...

Yummy!

It’s pretty simple. Hot dogs aren’t good for you. I once read that you especially shouldn’t give them to kids under the age of 6 because additives in them can affect brain development. You know what that means — they might grow up to become journalists!

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
It is true MOCS...

The cheaper the sausage the less meat there is and the meat that is in there is shaved off the cheekbones and eyesockets!!!

pmsl at the jurnalism comment. I got a journalism qualification when I left school [Smile]

The Ministry of Common Sense
Member # 15597
 - posted
.....and I have nothing against journalists - in fact I love them.

But didn't we see someone eating a hot dog recently? Someone who may be a journalist. Coincidence?

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Oh yeah lol... point proven [Wink]

Sharona
Member # 15768
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
If the confectionary wasn't safe it would have been pulled. I think the contaminated foodstuffs are both plant and country specific so unless you are eating export products I would not worry.

Cadbury would definatley pull products globally if contamination is found outside of Asia.

they have not here well costcutter has not i only brought a snickers yesterday is this a certain date or what ,got me worried now . [Frown]

Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
If the confectionary wasn't safe it would have been pulled.

You would think and hope so, but I have found this not to be true in Egypt.

There was a recall on some type of salad dressing? or something like that about a year ago. It gave the UPC code for it on the net. I found jars of it in a Metro Market, and told the manager about the recall (salmonella).

Two weeks later when I was at the store it was still on the shelf [Frown]

I also noticed that the pharmacies stock some medicines that have been recalled and even banned in all countries, but yet still for sale here.

I don't know if any of this melamine contaminated stuff is in Egypt, but chances are, if it is, nothing will be done about it.

I was just reading yesterday how China was establishing a "safe" level of melamine in foodstuff!! Why should there be ANY!
It's for making plastic [Eek!] [Eek!]
[Eek!] [Eek!]

chanel123
Member # 18293
 - posted
and the political opposition [u]グッチ ネックレス[/u] opposition she represents, has been systematically silenced, [h3]tiffany jewelry[/h3] silenced, incarcerated, and deprived of any opportunity chanel for sale opportunity to engage
in political processes," he ysl shoes he said in a statement.Others in Myanmar lv handbag Myanmar hailed Suu Kyi as the only ブルガリ 指輪 only one who
might unite the poor, [h3]designer louis vuitton replica handbag[/h3] poor, isolated country."She's our country's hero," said [h4]tiffany necklaces[/h4] said Tin Tin Yu, a 20-year-old university Turnograph 18k Gold Case Mens university student, standing
near the house later Yellow Gold - Orig Dial - Diam Bezel later Saturday night. "Our election was a [h2]d&g replica handbag[/h2] a sham. Everyone knows it, but they Panerai Arktos GMT they have guns

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com