EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What can you get??? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
I was thinking about stuff you can get in Egypt that you can't get anywhere else??
I don't mean 'younger lovers'.... I mean stuff... [Big Grin]

My favourite Egyptian product is called "Willy Cream" (yes, english people... that's what it's called!!) [Razz]
It's actually a hair conditioner.... makes your hair softer and shinier than Pantene, or anything else!!
I brought back 3 kg of the stuff when I came back from Egypt!!

Any other favourite Egyptian stuff???

jean_bean
Member # 13715
 - posted
all the fruits and veggies here.
In the states - they look great when ya buy em, but they are totally tasteless, but here they are magnificent...a tomato that tastes like how I used to remember them tasting, and an onion that actually makes ya cry when cutting it.
Only exception is the poor peach. they pick em too early here and are hard - not juicy.
and the lamb here is much better tasting than in the US.
Masharabaya (sp?) - that woodworking screening that is just gorgeous.

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
The local peaches are flat.. they are quite strange to look at.

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
I agree about the fruit, jean... especially bananas. Those little Egyptian bananas are the sweetest in the world.. Yes, girls, I mean the fruit!!!! [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
all the fruits and veggies here.
In the states - they look great when ya buy em, but they are totally tasteless, but here they are magnificent...a tomato that tastes like how I used to remember them tasting, and an onion that actually makes ya cry when cutting it.
Only exception is the poor peach. they pick em too early here and are hard - not juicy.
and the lamb here is much better tasting than in the US.
Masharabaya (sp?) - that woodworking screening that is just gorgeous.

Ohhh,yes,the musharabiya wooden screen carvings.Its used on other pieces of furniture,too.
Its worth if you like it or are fond of those pieces,mamasue.
I recently posted some pics of an Egyptian made screen i bought on my very first trip there.
Gonna find the thread,if you dont remember it.

Check my pics here,mamasue

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=018825

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
lib battikh (dried and roasted watermelon seeds)

Once you start to eat them you can't stop. Miss them....

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386
 - posted
TL, I can find that kind of lib (as well as many other kinds) here in the mid eastern markets. [Smile]

** Ahmad**
Member # 16703
 - posted
btw,Mashrabya was introduced in the Islamic era not only Egypt has it also Syria

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Elegantly Wasted:
TL, I can find that kind of lib (as well as many other kinds) here in the mid eastern markets. [Smile]

I've seen before packed up ones but its just not the same. I brought one kg of fresh roasted ones home with me in June and it was gone in less than two weeks.

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I cannot actually think of anything other than the fruit. I like my brand names too much!!!

Local rum is stomachable I guess.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386
 - posted
Oh no, I'm not talking about packaged ones. They roast the libs fresh at the markets here.

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

I've seen before packed up ones but its just not the same. I brought one kg of fresh roasted ones home with me in June and it was gone in less than two weeks.

** Ahmad**
Member # 16703
 - posted
quote:
Oh no, I'm not talking about packaged ones. They roast the libs fresh at the markets here.

quote:
quote:

what markets!!!!!!!!

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Okay then please please send me some çause I don't think I'll be back in Egypt before next year!! [Smile]

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386
 - posted
Markets near my home. I live in an area that has one of, if not *the* largest Arab population in the US.

quote:
Originally posted by ** Ahmad**:
quote:

quote:
quote:

what markets!!!!!!!!

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386
 - posted
TL, I would gladly send some. Now you all are making me want lib, lol. I'll have to take to trip to Dearborn soon. [Smile]

Dzosser
Member # 9572
 - posted
Mangos..hindi and eweiss, also fonsa [Cool]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ** Ahmad**:
btw,Mashrabya was introduced in the Islamic era not only Egypt has it also Syria

Its all over the Arabic world,including Morocco.My screen divider is specifically Egyptian.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012
 - posted
Fruit and veggies of course ... most of all mangos, cucumbers and bananas.

Fuul and t3ameya sandwiches!

Kushari!

Nigella oil

Nefertari soaps

Bedouin carpets

madame f
Member # 9410
 - posted
the sense that time doesn't matter.

Aaah I miss that

Oh and home delivery for a mars bar and a coke bottle. That is real service!

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190
 - posted
nefertari soaps are wonderful!

dolphin redsea
Member # 11209
 - posted
quote:
TL, I would gladly send some. Now you all are making me want lib, lol. I'll have to take to trip to Dearborn soon. [Smile]

you live in Michigan? [Smile]

Hippy_1
Member # 16428
 - posted
That blue and orange stuff that you get every day, what's it called ..... um .... oh yes the sky and the sun.

I'm in the UK and its been peeing down forever!!!!!! yuk

sorsor
Member # 7639
 - posted
mango is amazing in Egypt

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com