EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » WHATS THE COST OF LIVING IN HURGHADA » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
zarry
Member # 17151
 - posted
WHAT ARE GROCERY PRICES LIKEKY TO BE FOR A MONTH?

Questionmarks
Member # 12336
 - posted
Depends on where you buy them, what you are used to eat, etc. Seems that meat is as expensive as in Europe now. But water and bread is affordable... [Wink]

zarry
Member # 17151
 - posted
so helpful thanks

juice99
Member # 14642
 - posted
could you give us more details though?

how much do you pay per month for grocery and what about prices of other things than bread/meat

GM44
Member # 13971
 - posted
here:
http://www.waffar.com/Hypermarkets/CIP_Offer.aspx?ClientName=Spinneys&Cat1id=Zdri%20vNYhuQ=&Offersd=0pCkUHazfBI=
you will find the offers of Spinney's supermarket, located in Senzo mall.
here: http://www.abuashara.com/OffersMag.aspx you can download the offers for Abu Ashara supermarkets.
There are also 2 Metro supermarkets (website not working at the moment: http://www.metro-markets.com ) and a cheaper Metro supermarket (same holding company): Kheir Zaman, located next to bank of Alexandria, Dahar. For vegetables and fruit you can go to the market, also located in Dahar, most prices are present, written in Arabic, so you have to learn the numbers.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by juice99:
could you give us more details though?

how much do you pay per month for grocery and what about prices of other things than bread/meat

Don't know about Hurghada because I have never been there, but from what I hear it's cheaper than Cairo???

Interesting question though. It is interesting to compare costs of living in different areas.

I recently started tracking my budget on a spreadsheet just to see how much I spend on food. So I'm saving my receipts. In the last 2 weeks we have gone to Metro twice the cost being 175 LE and 295 LE. But that is just on unsubstantial stuff like chips, nuts, chocolate, cookies. We usually go to Carrefour to stock up on essentials once or twice a month. The latest receipt for Carrefour is 2,115 LE. That DOES NOT INCLUDE MEAT because my husband is a vegetarian and I don't cook meat at home.

Dzosser
Member # 9572
 - posted
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
That DOES NOT INCLUDE MEAT because my husband is a vegetarian and I don't cook meat at home.

What about Sierra Mini doesn't she get any ?? [Confused] [Frown]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
That DOES NOT INCLUDE MEAT because my husband is a vegetarian and I don't cook meat at home.

What about Sierra Mini doesn't she get any ?? [Confused] [Frown]

Sierra eats Royal Canin Dry Dog food.

http://www.royalcanin.us/products/default.aspx

And Mean Kitty eats Friskies:

http://www.friskies.com/Dry-Cat-Food/Default.aspx

ourluxor
Member # 15101
 - posted
Cannot quote prices from Hurghada, but we (an English couple) live on 3000LE per month here in Luxor. That includes everything except rent, as we decided to buy instead, i.e. food and drink, 2 mobile telephones, electricity (we have no gas), eating out, 'bus fares and entertainment.
Hope this is of some use.

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
Here's one I made earlier [Big Grin]

Oldbag's living costs 2008

This details my costs for living in Cairo for the whole of 2008. It does NOT include housing costs.

Overall, I use about 1700LE a month Opex to cover food for me, food and other supplies for 2 cats, transport (mainly microbuses, buses, a few taxis here and there), Broadband, Electricity, Telephone, phone cards (2 mobiles), gardener (130LE per month), trips out (day trips - I put longer stays away against CapEx.)

All in all including 3 trips to the UK (flights, not hotels etc), a couple of 'long weekends' to Sharm and other, Sports Club last instalment of 3 year pay-plan and so on, TOTAL EXPENDITURE (excluding housing here) looking to be around 40000LE in 2009.

PS Food element would probably be a lot CHEAPER than I ended up paying if I were willing to grovel around being a kitchen-slavey which I'm not. I don't eat out much, but I don't fanny around doing boring stuff like chopping fruit and vegetables.

My meat budget is around 300LE per month and is in fact made up almost entirely of catfood for my 2 cats - they were getting sick on just being fed minced beef, tinned fish etc, so as they didn't ask to be brought here, I started shelling out for the proper tinned stuff and their health is dramatically improved since then.

And PS - my hot water is heated by electricity and I use ac (1 at a time) quite a lot in the summer as I get very hot, and it also heats in the winter if it gets cold enough though my age-related defects are helping on that front at the moment [Wink]

If you use gas to heat your hotwater you may find your fuel element is a LOT cheaper.

Dzosser
Member # 9572
 - posted
Mini one of the main causes of renal failure in dogs/cats is dried food..let alone carcinoma [Frown] preservatives will kill them if not monitored closely, please be careful. [Smile]

zarry
Member # 17151
 - posted
thanks guys for all ure replies, been really helpful

chanel123
Member # 18293
 - posted
Venture card limits your chanel flat shoes your use of those miles to
travel purchases. You aren't Omega Speedmaster Snoopy Edition aren't limited to airlines, though, as hotels rado watch hotels and such
are also OK. All bvlgari replica watches All in all, if you're happy with hermes scarfs with travel rewards, I know of no replica handbags gucci no card with
such a consistently high designer chanel sunglasses high rate of return. The financials are chanel for sale are also better than average. The only cheap burberry handbags only downside is

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com