EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Info on well-run charities in Cairo » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
For a little project I have going on, I would like to know the best source of information on well-run charities operating in Cairo.

I'm thinking of 3 or 4 different areas:

street kids or orphans
elders
animals
environment

If you can recommend any specifically, info gratefully received!

They need to be well-administered, properly registered, and preferably with a website.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336
 - posted
There are a lot of aid foundations, and a lot of people prefer to see direct results of their efforts or donations. IMo isn't that the best way. I donate to Unicef, because they are working world-wide, are able to react immediatly in case of urgent matters ( like health or disasters) and have the ideology I share. The negative thing is that I am not able to see the direct results.
Except for Unicef, there are many similar organisations, like Doctors sans Frontieres, Warchild, World Health Organisation, Brooke Hospital for Animals, WFN, etc.

Maybe this would be helpfull: http://www.cafonline.org/

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
Hello S.Q. I hope to start an department of enviroment in a charity organisation that intially deals in justice and human rights.couls i ask for your advice then?as iam newly back in egypt.thx

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
Hello S.Q. I hope to start an department of enviroment in a charity organisation that intially deals in justice and human rights.couls i ask for your advice then?as iam newly back in egypt.thx

Sorry Maxman - I'm looking for information - don't have any to give!! I'm not Egyptian by the way in case you think I am from the name!

jean_bean
Member # 13715
 - posted
I know that Hosary has a bunch of stuff going on, such as a daycare & a school, and I think a small orphanage there. Have been thinking of volunteering there myself.

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
This is for a different purpose JB - not for me personally to volunteer with, the charities will need some kind of 'international' visibility (even if just Egyptian) so people abroad can be satisfied about their legitimacy (hence why a website would work).

Or actually, thinking about what QM wrote - maybe an 'umbrella' body of some sort here in EGypt?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com