EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » HRT » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Coral Sorral
Member # 18115
 - posted
Do they have this in Egypt and if so where can I get it? Am 52 and married to an Egyptian.
Thanks.

Tareq
Member # 18033
 - posted
For what?
for menopause? hot flushes??

Coral Sorral
Member # 18115
 - posted
Yes! Is there another use?

Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069
 - posted
Get an appointment with a doctor and let them tell you what you need. They will write a perscription for you, or go to a pharmacey and ask them they are generally knowledgeable.

Tareq
Member # 18033
 - posted
Yes there is some other uses for hrt but it is off the topic now.

There is a medicine known as Premarin. But unfortunately It is no found in cairo these days as far as I know.

For a woman having some hot flushes. I recommend this cake as it contains natural stuff generating estrogen and relieving flushes

http://blogtmx.blogspot.com/2010/09/menopausal-cake.html

Good luck

*Dalia*
Member # 13012
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tareq:

4ozs/100g Soya flour

Where would you get this in Egypt? And, while we're on the subject, do you happen to know where I can buy tofu?

Btw – what's HRT? [Confused]

Tareq
Member # 18033
 - posted
I have never bought this flour but I think it can be in hypermarkets or at grain sellers (3attar). I posted the cake tips and ingredients from a website.
I also do not know about Tofu. I looked it up and found it. But I have never seen it.

The whole point is to eat some food rich in estrogen.

I heard also about sweat potatoes to contain Estrogen.

hrt is hormonal replacement therapy.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012
 - posted
quote:

I have never bought this flour but I think it can be in hypermarkets or at grain sellers (3attar).

Mh, I doubt it. Just thought you might know. No problem. [Smile]

quote:

I also do not know about Tofu. I looked it up. But I have never seen it.

I like tofu in my miso soup, in Thai curries and for deserts, and I have bought it in Cairo. They sometimes sell it in the bigger supermarkets, but I haven't been able to find a source that always has it on stock.

quote:

The whole point is to eat some food rich in estrogen.

I heard also about sweat potatoes to contain Estrogen.

Yes, I understood that. [Smile] There are various foods that contain phytoestrogens; soy products are very good, but also nuts and beans:

According to a study by Canadian researchers about the content of nine common phytoestrogens in a Western diet, foods with the highest relative phytoestrogen content were nuts and oilseeds, followed by soy products, cereals and breads, legumes, meat products, and other processed foods that may contain soy, vegetables, fruits, alcoholic, and nonalcoholic beverages.

Flax seed and other oilseeds contained the highest total phytoestrogen content, followed by soybeans and tofu. The highest concentrations of isoflavones are found in soybeans and soybean products followed by legumes, whereas lignans are the primary source of phytoestrogens found in nuts and oilseeds (e.g. flax) and also found in cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens

Tareq
Member # 18033
 - posted
Thanks for the link.
One important thing I should say One need to eat lots of these kinds of foods to get the needed response.
But also a balanced diet containing calcium, magnesium and other minerals is important.

as for sweating and stuff, Air conidition and cold shower will be of use.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012
 - posted
Sage tea is supposed to help quite well with hot flashes and excessive sweating in general.

Sage tea for excessive sweating

Sage tea and hot flashes

Coral Sorral
Member # 18115
 - posted
Thanks all.
The cake sounds delicious [Smile]

Penny
Member # 1925
 - posted
If you haven't taken HRT before you need to first have blood tests to establish your full hormone profile. A doctor can then work out what you need. It takes time to get it right and you need to be under the care of a good gynacologist.

HRT is certainly available in Egypt but start with a good doctor first and then make sure you are getting it from a reputable source.

When I first explained the hormone changes to my husband I told him a woman needs some sympathy....he asked if that was something he could get from a pharmacy LOL...I wish

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
LOL @'sympathy' from the Pharmacy [Smile]

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
Talking about hormones - does anyone know of a reputable endocrinologist in Cairo?

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
Yes i know good one. Dr ashraf said mohamed.

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
I just started seeing him for thyroid.

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
That's the one in Masr El Sudan st? Not far from Manisheyet el Sadr?

Thanks Adelly, I'll pass it on.

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
Yes in al kobba. His english is good and he is not expensive as well.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com