EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Living in Egypt and visiting other African countries » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
anthropos
Member # 9410
 - posted
A question for expats and Egyptians;

Have you gone on holidays to other African countries? I mean mostly to the south. Sudan, Kenya etc. Is it cheap from Egypt and enjoyable? Do Egyptians find it appealing to travel there, are there visa issues? Or is it somewhat looked down upon?

Laura
Member # 879
 - posted
I've been to Morocco anthropos, adored it! My dream since I was a child, an African Safari...oh how I would LOVE to do that!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I used to live in Ghana [Smile]

Cheap as chips and I have no clue how Egyptians feel about going there as I have not asked any [Big Grin]

AntonD1
Member # 16387
 - posted
It's cheaper to fly to Europe from Egypt than most of the African countries .

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
It is expensive to fly to other African countries from here as AntonD1 said. I think there are also visa restrictions too.

Apparently now though there are no visa requirements to Turkey for Egyptians, planning our hols [Big Grin]

Exiiled
Member # 17278
 - posted
Unfortunately true flying from Cairo to any African city is costly. You have to be creative, and example is to fly from CAI to Addis Ababa, and then go over land from Addis to the border of Kenya, from there overland to Nairobi and make your way overland Uganda, Tanzania, etc. Just be prepared the road from border (Ethiopia/Kenya) to Nairobi at one time had bandit raids, buses, cars, etc traveled in convoys with armed guards. Think it's safe now, but just do your research.

Africa is not for everyone, personally I loved it. Kind people, very cheap beer (and I mean pennies), good food and just very exotic.

Bottom line if you were planning on flying from Cairo to a African capital for a week (for example), returning an then again to another African country, it will amount to a lot of money.

anthropos
Member # 9410
 - posted
How much does it cost to fly to Addis Ababa?
and how much to Turkey?

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889
 - posted

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com