EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » My Arabic Learning Experience » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
r_wood
Member # 7119
 - posted
After two unforgettable & wonderful years in Cairo I am back in the States.
I love Egypt so I tried to learn Egyptian Arabic and I hope I will keep what I have already learned, Cos I wanna to be back again as soon as possible. My former Arabic tutor Mr. Ahmed is available for private Arabic lessons at your home in Maadi, Heliopolis, Mohandaseen or anywhere in Cairo. I studied with him for a little over a year and wholeheartedly recommend him as a private tutor. He has more five years of experience teaching both colloquial and classical Arabic. He will tailor the lessons to your needs, focusing on the words and phrases you need to know to get around via taxi, shop, restaurant, communicate with your doorman and more. Mr. Ahmed speaks fluent English and is also available to come to your home, wait for and help you deal with the plumber, electrician and other service people. His help was invaluable to me on a number of occasions. Also, He can accompany you to Khan El Khalili, the fabric market, or any other shopping destination in Cairo and help you negotiate over prices.

[This message has been edited by r_wood (edited 19 May 2005).]

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
You're not by any chance Mr Ahmed himself?

r_wood
Member # 7119
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
You're not by any chance Mr Ahmed himself?

Hi Dalia
Please dont try to be smart.
Mr Ahmed is my friend and we have great memories in Egypt, I think I mentioned some of them before in previous posts.
Also he has his own teaching methodolgy that makes me get progress in a short time

Robin

salama
Member # 5941
 - posted
Robin,

You should have got used to these cynical people by now, who believe that no body would post on this board unless he/she has ulterior motive.
But I do believe that Dalia is not one of them, and it was meant as a joke. So, cheer up.We are happy you liked our Egypt.Come again soon Robin.

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
No, I'm not cynical, but it wasn't meant as a joke either.

I just noticed that the same message was posted a few times after Mr. Ahmed posted his ad and Mr. Wood doesn't exactly sound like a native English speaker, so I thought that was a bit strange ...

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264
 - posted
He sounds perfectly native to me. Just a couple of typos maybe, but nothing non-native.

Ann
Member # 106
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
He sounds perfectly native to me. Just a couple of typos maybe, but nothing non-native.

Would have to disagree, this is not the level of English mother tongue.

_
Member # 3567
 - posted
Whats wrong with you, people? He posted earlier here on ES, an American who lived and worked in Egypt. He wants to give some business to his friend Mr. Ahmed, whats wrong with that?

Mr. Wood, if you kindly post a copy of your passport here online, people doubt your citizenship.

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Would have to disagree, this is not the level of English mother tongue.

Bezabt kidda!

_
Member # 3567
 - posted

Wow, Dalia, you are as a native German tell an American that he doesn't speak proper English. Well maybe he's speaking it better than writing it?

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
I'm not telling him he doesn't write proper English, his English is very good but it's not as perfect as that of a native speaker,
what's the problem with that? It's usually easy to tell from people's writing style whether they are native speakers or not, you don't have to be one yourself in order to do that.

r_wood
Member # 7119
 - posted
Hola a propósito Dalia, mi lengua materna es español y tengo una momia española también

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by r_wood:
Hola a propósito Dalia, mi lengua materna es español y tengo una momia española también

LOL ... what's your profession?

r_wood
Member # 7119
 - posted

LOL ... what's your profession?

ingeniero del petrolum . usted ?

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by r_wood:

ingeniero del petrolum . usted ?

You mean ingeniero petroquimico?

Yo soy diseñadora grafica.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 11 May 2005).]

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
I agree with Dalia, the English is not a native American, for a start it is too good. No American writes that well

It is marketing spiel not a personal recommendation. Doesn't mean the guy isn't good and useful though

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
It is marketing spiel not a personal recommendation.

Yes, that's how it sounds.

My Arabic teacher used to advertise on some Egypt related boards as well and if I saw his ad I usually commented and let people know that I thought he was a great teacher. However, I wouldn't have gone into lengths listing all of his services and credits ... I think that's what I found a bit odd ...

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com