EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » visa help????? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
jiff2744
Member # 13286
 - posted
hi folks
looking for some advice with applying for a UK settlement visa for my fiance. we are hoping to apply for it in aug but some have said it would help if we got married in cairo first? does anyone know if are not married and are granted the visa will we have to be mariied within 6months of being together in the UK?

Penny
Member # 1925
 - posted
You stand very little chance of getting a settlement Visa unless you are already married and can show that you have a relationship with a proper foundation to it. Each case is different and such matters as age, how you met, how long your have know each other, social background and education will very much be taken into account in assessing whether you will be granted a Visa. You may also need to show that your finances are such that you can support yourselves and not require any state aid.

jiff2744
Member # 13286
 - posted
thanks for replying. thats what i thought also think it would be nice for his family to get married over there.

uklady
Member # 11161
 - posted
It is possible depending on your circumstances! You can PM me if you like.

chiselmonkey
Member # 13683
 - posted
This part is not true of Penny's statement

"You stand very little chance of getting a settlement Visa unless you are already married "

but the rest is accurate

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864
 - posted
6 month special visa to marry in UK, then after marriage & 6 months apply for settlement in UK is a good option.

amrssnowangel
Member # 6789
 - posted
I'd recommend the following site:

www.visajourney.com

The people there can answer your questions because they are going through the process or have completed it. I see a lot of people from England and many other countries get K1 approvals. You will need to decide what is best for you. But both are equally frustrating to get with all the paperwork, documentation and waiting. Good luck.

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by amrssnowangel:
I'd recommend the following site:

www.visajourney.com

The people there can answer your questions because they are going through the process or have completed it. I see a lot of people from England and many other countries get K1 approvals. You will need to decide what is best for you. But both are equally frustrating to get with all the paperwork, documentation and waiting. Good luck.

That site is only useful for those immigrating to the US. I believe the OP is talking about immigrating to the UK. [Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com