EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Beware of Egyptian con men » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Space Cat
Member # 14673
 - posted
This is a warning for any woman who is has met an egyption man in Sharm!

I have friend who met an egyption waiter (23 years younger than she is)in Sharm in March last year on holiday. In May she went back over for 2 weeks & half married him, he promised he was not after her money & that he was not interested in moving to the UK.

When she came back to the UK they did have several up & downs but she decided to & live there, selling her car & packing her job up. Once there she decided that it was the real thing & decided to give money towards a restaurant her boyfriend & his friends decided to buy. He then asked her if he could marry her properley which she said yes. Also he would quite like to visit England (which he was not interested before).

He then went to Alexandria (supposedly) to ask his mother if he could marry him which she said no. They continued living together until after Christmas which he out of the blue told her she will have to back to the UK & he would try & get her money back. He has now moved out & his staying with his friends. This weekend one of her boyfriends friends has got a girl coming over to stay (I think from the UK). They are going to stay at the Delta Sharm (which seems to be the place where any girl that they meet (not the same hotel that they work at) stays when they go back to Egypt for a couple of weeks). My friend has also found a letter from in her boyfriends things fom a girl that he met after he met my friend although he promised he had not met another woman.

When this all started out he promised that she was the only one (that he was a virgin before he met my friend & had not been with any other woman). It now it looks like she has lost a bit of money (unless he does pay her back) & a broken heart.

Beware...........

Not all egyption men are like that i suppose but be very careful if you do decide to have a relationship .............but please do not give any money to them until you are 110% sure!

vickyjones
Member # 12778
 - posted
The old hag should have known better.

manx
Member # 14517
 - posted
where in sharm did she meet him?

Mizz Egypt
Member # 3567
 - posted
You know how many similar stories I read on ES here over the years?? Seriously I can't count them anymore....

Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579
 - posted
oh dear. Why why why didn't she at least put the business in HER name - it was HER money wasn't it? Self preservation!

egybrit
Member # 14388
 - posted
sounds like my story......first meetings he didnt care about money....then he had problems blah blah......you know the story heard it so many times..........this was in cairo ....orfi marriage....then out of sight out of mind...chatted when he wanted to blah blah.......if only i knew then what i know now....and the stupid thing is i believed him and he still makes me feel in the wrong.....beware of strangers bringing love........

Space Cat
Member # 14673
 - posted
Well my friend put money in with her boyfriend & his manager, so it was three way rather than her putting all her money in but she realises now she should have got a contract. She has taken the orfi marriage certifcate off him which he was not happy about. I suppose he will not be able to use that with any other tourist he meets!

They met in hadaba (just out of Sharm) & he worked at the Sabena hotel.

We all have our own life to lead & I did advise her to be very careful as there were a lot of warning signs...... but she went with her heart instead of listening to her head as well!

Thank you for your posts!

vickyjones
Member # 12778
 - posted
It's OK to have a little fun, but never ever part with your money!

happy in love
Member # 12547
 - posted
Space cat are you sure itis your friend not you?!

Mother War
Member # 8386
 - posted
Agreed.

quote:
Originally posted by vickyjones:
It's OK to have a little fun, but never ever part with your money!

Space Cat
Member # 14673
 - posted
No honestley it's definately not me......I would never have done what she had done (I went with my friend to Egypt last March) & had a bad feeling about getting involved with any of the men from Sharm! My friend is in Sharm at the moment (obviously) tyring to get her money back!)

egybrit
Member # 14388
 - posted
i dont think she stands a chance of getting anything back unless she can prove she gave the money. I will give the same advice as i received on here....cut and run, dont look back and put it behind and move on. Hard to do believe me........money isnt everything but health is and she could lose that as well.....take care

Habeeby
Member # 14429
 - posted
Egybrit i hve PM'd you [Smile]

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
Well,iam not surprised,i have good friend of mine who told me a very sad story about her work mate who went to egypt and was conned by a young man.as i was in cairo by then,i got some 'comrades' to pay the fella a visit and guess what?The young man was a rent boy to an old Gay german man!!but we got some money back for her. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

manx
Member # 14517
 - posted
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Sofia
Member # 5629
 - posted
Eeewwwwwwwwwwwww is right! Was this young man and the Gay German man in Sharm or Cairo or did this all happen in another town?

Mizz Egypt
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
Well,iam not surprised,i have good friend of mine who told me a very sad story about her work mate who went to egypt and was conned by a young man.as i was in cairo by then,i got some 'comrades' to pay the fella a visit and guess what?The young man was a rent boy to an old Gay german man!!but we got some money back for her. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Don't mess with the maxman!! [Big Grin] Good job!!! [Smile]

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sofia:
Eeewwwwwwwwwwwww is right! Was this young man and the Gay German man in Sharm or Cairo or did this all happen in another town?

This was in cairo,and we nabbed the fella by pure flukes [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

bokragirl
Member # 14684
 - posted
why are some women so gulliable? Women sending their hard earned money to a man that is only after their money. they cannot find a man in the states so they go elsewhere. seriously folks. women if a man asks you for money, it isn't love gals

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by bokragirl:
why are some women so gulliable? Women sending their hard earned money to a man that is only after their money. they cannot find a man in the states so they go elsewhere. seriously folks. women if a man asks you for money, it isn't love gals

Well,not every one is sharp even i got conned in egypt by my own people(With serious reprecussions! [Mad] )So it is not unusual for a emotionally broken woman to be taken for a ride!

maxman
Member # 12150
 - posted
quote:

Well,not every one is sharp even i got conned in egypt by my own people(With serious reprecussions! [Mad] )So it is not unusual for a emotionally broken woman to be taken for a ride!

?????
Member # 12336
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
quote:

I've heard the same from other people who have left Egypt. And by the way, also outside their country they are swindling each other, if they can! The most funny one I've heard was about a Moroccon woman who cheated Arabic men. Usually there are a certain kind of muslim women who are not suitable for marriage anymore;) and the men are trying to let these women believe that they once will marry them. After a period of using the women, give her presents, pay her expenses, they are dumped. One of these women was prepared on that, and she swindled him.It has costed him a lot of money, and everybody made fun of him.
The cheater had been cheaten.
To be honest, I've never expierenced so much swindling between each other in any other group of people. I assume they will not represent the higher class of Egypt [Smile] , but it is obviously a second life-style...

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864
 - posted
I had a friend with almost identical story, except she had already lived in Egypt 4 years before it happened. She thought she was wise!
She di get all her money back, possession of the shop he / she created, her car and house. She made a report to the police, and then stood outside the business for a few days, with a sign in arabic, english, and italian explaining he was a crook, stopping everyone who tried to enter as a customer and telling them they should boycott this place. He was mortified. All the men in the street were laughing at him. He gave her all back and went to the other end of town in shame.

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
[Eek!] wow

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864
 - posted
Yeah - Wow ! The twist in the tale is she probably didnt learn much cos she immediately took up with an even younger (30yrs than herself ) 'boy' and took him straight to live over seas even though "he doesnt want to live abroad, I made him". It seems, because he is younger, and the proverbial "virgin with no experience" he has not been tainted by the scamming disease! Great logic hey.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
God im really very lucky indeed to much.
I have nothing but he still loves me.
R there many around like this?

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864
 - posted
YR u and me 2 are lucky, and of course there are thousands of em around - read my book of true stories when I finished it ! it ll scare ya to death [Big Grin] But, there are also thousands (?) of great ones too. Just like us women - smart ones & idiot ones. When the smart ones meet the scammers, they dont stand a chance. When the idiots meet the scammers, the scammers go up a notch or two in their living standards. When the smart ones meet the great ones, life is sweet [Smile]

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Black Dahlia:
Yeah - Wow ! The twist in the tale is she probably didnt learn much cos she immediately took up with an even younger (30yrs than herself ) 'boy' and took him straight to live over seas even though "he doesnt want to live abroad, I made him". It seems, because he is younger, and the proverbial "virgin with no experience" he has not been tainted by the scamming disease! Great logic hey.

Indeed. [Roll Eyes]

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864
 - posted
I call people like that "mother suckers" hehe they never learn.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
im so glad to hear of other lucky people. be happy girls.

Member # 14677
 - posted
Con men and woman every where, trust yr instincts

Korvin's
Member # 14099
 - posted
Instincts.

PeaceAtLast
Member # 14252
 - posted
do what i do....have her father beat his face into the street. oh wait, she is how old? damn then she should have seen that coming. i see lots of young egyptian men get with old hags and no matter how hard you try to tell them, hey bitch, you do know he is married back home right? they swear up and down it isnt that way. arabic men love young sexy women and if he gets with a fat old lady its for $$$ and thats it. i have a close arab friend and he laid it all out for me. he says 90% of arabs in this country are married back home but hide it very well.

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
you can only be conned if you allow yrself to be conned!!!!!

PeaceAtLast
Member # 14252
 - posted
then to most of the old badillacs on this site, you are being conned:)

NoWon
Member # 14703
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
do what i do....have her father beat his face into the street. oh wait, she is how old? damn then she should have seen that coming. i see lots of young egyptian men get with old hags and no matter how hard you try to tell them, hey bitch, you do know he is married back home right? they swear up and down it isnt that way. arabic men love young sexy women and if he gets with a fat old lady its for $$$ and thats it. i have a close arab friend and he laid it all out for me. he says 90% of arabs in this country are married back home but hide it very well.

90%? Where did he get that figure?

PeaceAtLast
Member # 14252
 - posted
being an arab and living with it...trust me, there is so much to them guys we could not even figure out...and i am started to slowly see it and its some scary shat.

Space Cat
Member # 14673
 - posted
Thanks for all of your posts & am passing them to my friend for advice!

Latest update is that my friend, has patched up things with her boyfriend. Apparantley, he has said that his Mother (") had heard from his friends in Sharm (she lives some where in Alexandria)& that they were still living together & was not happy so that was the reason why he asked Suzy to move back to the uk!

Although this seems to be on the back of my friend asking for her money back & she would not be leaving Sharm until he did. He still will not sign a contract though, which if he truely loved her, surely he would?!

I so hope it works out for them.............but does it work by going out with a man that is 22 years old & she is 45, he is one year younger than her son.? I have no kids & I am 36 but to be going out with a man that is less than 25 would seem wrong at my age, although I know it depends how grown up you are as a person!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com