EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Baby names? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410
 - posted
I have so many friends that are all having babies right now!! I want to be able to help them with names suggestions, but my knowledge for Islamic names is very limited. I would love to hear your favorite boy or girl names? [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
Burt
Fred
Harry
Henry
Aristotle
Herbert

Gladys
Gurtrude
Ermintrude

ok I will be serious now [Big Grin]

I like Ibrahim, Hassan, Musa, Amira, Ayisha,

there is a website somewhere with Islamic names.

The Ministry of Common Sense
Member # 15597
 - posted
boys:
Yassin
Seif
Bassel
Wael

girls:
Mennatallah (Menna for short)
Heba
Jehad
Enas

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
Seif

Yes a beautiful boy name and not common at all in Egypt. I looked after a little boy named Seif in Cairo.

quote:

girls:
Jehad

[Eek!]

I truly hope this was just a typo and you meant to say Jihan.

What other names do I like??

Of course Yasmeen, Mariam, Amal, Rania and for boys Ramy, Raouf, Sami, Sherif.... I am sure there other nice ones out.

Good luck to all pregnant women out there!! [Smile]

of_gold
Member # 13418
 - posted
Mini, Are you raising your child Muslim?

Member # 15597
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:

We're not having any children - I'm too old for that. I'll be 42 next month and my husband is 37. I don't want to start over at this point in my life and he does not want to have children. I have a 21 year old son back in the States, but he's not Muslim and doesn't plan to be.

(Besides we have a newborn baby cat.) [Smile]

Member # 15597
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[QUOTE]girls:
Jehad

No. I have a good friend here in Cairo named Jehad. It is typically a boys name and as far as she knows she is the only girl with this name. She gets teased about it all the time. But aside from the other meaning of the word - it is a nice name for a girl.

happybunny
Member # 14224
 - posted
For a girl i like Layla, Hana and Ameria.

For a boy i like Yassen and Yousef. I always found boys names not so nice [Frown]

Has anyone heard that in Egypt today people are calling their children more western names [Confused] I have recently heard of Sandy (For a girl) and Kenzie for a boy! Extended family members asked my husband to think of a good name but he likes quite traditional names such as Ameria, mena - they all looked at him funny [Big Grin]

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
Has anyone heard that in Egypt today people are calling their children more western names. I have recently heard of Sandy (For a girl) and Kenzie for a boy!

My friends are Christians and they named their girls Caroline, Vanessa and Sandra. Only the youngest one - their boy - received a traditional name - Youssef.

When I worked in a KG in Agouza there were the siblings Andrew and Amanda, such beautiful, polite and smart kiddies - I will never forget them.

quote:
For a girl i like Layla,

That's my dog's name btw. When I first saw her she was five weeks old and all black - black as the night (and she still is six years on). [Smile]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488
 - posted
Girls names I like are Safeya, Hanadi, Roma and Amina

The last two are the names of my husbands paternal and maternal grandmas

I had a hamster named Zannouba which is a purely egyptian name, although this isnt very popular

RIP Zannouba :-(

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]girls:
Jehad

No. I have a good friend here in Cairo named Jehad. It is typically a boys name and as far as she knows she is the only girl with this name. She gets teased about it all the time. But aside from the other meaning of the word - it is a nice name for a girl.
Shes not the only girl with this name, hubby's neice is Jihad too [Big Grin]

get-over-it
Member # 8447
 - posted
quote:
For a girl i like Layla, Hana and Ameria.

For a boy i like Yassen and Yousef. I always found boys names not so nice [Frown]

Has anyone heard that in Egypt today people are calling their children more western names [Confused] I have recently heard of Sandy (For a girl) and Kenzie for a boy! Extended family members asked my husband to think of a good name but he likes quite traditional names such as Ameria, mena - they all looked at him funny [Big Grin]

I like Hana, and if we're ever blessed with another little girl, then this is what we'll call her. Our first daughter is Mira - although it irritates me when people here in the UK pronounced it as "Myra".

Our little boy is Danny - my husband says that Dani is a boy's name in Egypt although judging by his family's reaction it's not at all common. He was going to be either Nader (and called Ned here in England) or Jonah. My husband wanted to call him Amir, but that was too similar to Mira's name - so somehow we settled on Danny [Smile] You're right, Happybunny - boys' names are way harder!

dolphin redsea
Member # 11209
 - posted
my husband always liked adam,dont think thats a egy. name either,a girls name for me would be farha i also like fatima

DawnBev08
Member # 14964
 - posted
Tullin for a girl

of_gold
Member # 13418
 - posted
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:

We're not having any children - I'm too old for that. I'll be 42 next month and my husband is 37. I don't want to start over at this point in my life and he does not want to have children. I have a 21 year old son back in the States, but he's not Muslim and doesn't plan to be.

(Besides we have a newborn baby cat.) [Smile]

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the first post.

happybunny
Member # 14224
 - posted
Get over it quoted:

I like Hana, and if we're ever blessed with another little girl, then this is what we'll call her. Our first daughter is Mira - although it irritates me when people here in the UK pronounced it as "Myra".

Our little boy is Danny - my husband says that Dani is a boy's name in Egypt although judging by his family's reaction it's not at all common. He was going to be either Nader (and called Ned here in England) or Jonah. My husband wanted to call him Amir, but that was too similar to Mira's name - so somehow we settled on Danny [Smile] You're right, Happybunny - boys' names are way harder!

--------------------------------------------

Ah my youngest daugther is called Hana and i do love it. The only problem is here in the uk people write it Hannah! [Wink]

Your husband has good taste dolphin as that is my sons name! It is common in Egypt, we liked it because it suits him wether in Egypt or the uk. [Wink] It was so hard GOI, he had no name for about a week! [Big Grin]

TL my cat is called Layla! [Big Grin]

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I like Yousef as it can be Yuppie and I like Tarek as it can be Tikka... I don't think there are many nice boys names out there but I like some of the nicks.

For girls I like Kyra (pronounced Kee-ra), Ayisha, Hanna and Ahela

Bettyboo
Member # 12987
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by HandsUpHandsDown:
I have so many friends that are all having babies right now!! I want to be able to help them with names suggestions, but my knowledge for Islamic names is very limited. I would love to hear your favorite boy or girl names? [Smile]

Name him Habib if it is a boy or Habibah if it is a girl. I went to school with a black habibah and she always got pick on. I like Rakim, Kaseem, Kareem, Rasheed, Rashida, LaTisha

Avali
Member # 14242
 - posted
Yassin is a very nice name..

Rudegirl
Member # 16636
 - posted
How about Omar for a boy a name made famous by Omar Sharif

Rudegirl
Member # 16636
 - posted
Yasser , Ashraf , Ali , Hassan for a boy

Member # 15597
 - posted
Malak for a girl.

Rudegirl
Member # 16636
 - posted
Rasha , Nada , Rana , Manal , Nour , Madiha , Magda ,Samia for a girl

rashroush
Member # 15206
 - posted
Rudegirl [Wink] you like my name :-) thanx...
I like the following:

For Girls:
Zeinab [after my MIL....if I have another girl, I will name her that]
Soreya
Dania
Rula
Sawsan
Amal [means hope, I love this name so much]

For Boys:
Samir
Ziad
Tariq
Wael
Wassim
Hani

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
I love Ibrahim for a boy and Cedra for a girl. Cedra is from the Koran as well.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
Seif

Yes a beautiful boy name and not common at all in Egypt. I looked after a little boy named Seif in Cairo.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of

Tiger Seif is actually quite common, I know so many of them. But maybe that is a new trend.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Burt
Fred
Harry
Henry
Aristotle
Herbert

Gladys
Gurtrude
Ermintrude

ok I will be serious now [Big Grin]

I like Ibrahim, Hassan, Musa, Amira, Ayisha,

there is a website somewhere with Islamic names.

My grandmother's name is Gladys. It's such a serious name

Snapdragon
Member # 9036
 - posted
Ra'wya = for female - means perfume (this is my MIL's name) we may use it as part of our next child's name.

Sahar
Soad
Jennah or Jannah - means paradise
Amal - means hope
Camelia
Warda = means rose - I think it is a very strong name
Nasra
Hannan

Hisham
Adham
Tariq or Tarek - one of my favs
Mounier
Wa'el
Gamal or Jamal
Ehab
Dia' - pronounced D - Ah
Bassem

Culture Club
Member # 13767
 - posted
Any proposal for twin girls?

HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410
 - posted
Are you having twins, CC? Congrats is you are!!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Culture Club:

How about Malek (Angel) and Rahma (Mercy)?

Culture Club
Member # 13767
 - posted
Yes according to USG the babies are twin girls. But the due date is still a month later inshaallah, hope everything runs well.

I would like to have twin's name which sounds 'almost' the same. I have proposal for my hub, such as:
* Rania-Riana,
* Aura-Aurelia,
* Arrafika-Arrakika,
Those could be Arabic, Islamic, or Universal names.

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
hanna,micheal,brock,brett,shanice,heather

HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410
 - posted
Congrats CC! You are going to have your hands full!! [Smile]

get-over-it
Member # 8447
 - posted
Congratulations, CC - that's lovely news for you! Good luck with the delivery. [Smile]

My husband has gorgeous twin nieces who are about 7 called May and Ma'yaa (not sure how the second name is written, but it's pronounced like My-ARR)

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:

Not long ago you mentioned you are expecting twin BOYS. What happened?? [Big Grin]

Okay name proposals for two girls would be:

Sarah and Samirah [Smile]

Rudegirl
Member # 16636
 - posted
Rudegirl you like my name :-) thanx...

Ur welcome , its my sister's name.

Congratulations CC,good luck

Ideas for twin girls Rania Rana
Amal Manal
Samira Samiha
Samiha Madiha

Culture Club
Member # 13767
 - posted
Thanks so much for your attention.

Rude girl: Rania-Rana, Samira-Samiha, I will keep it.

TL : yes, USG can detect anything right and wrong, first, it detected boys, cause they showed 'balls', but then no 'balls', but whatever, the important thing is they will be healthy babies, girls or boys.

My cousin are twin girls, my brother has twin girls, the niece of my husband is also twin girls.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
quote:
cause they showed 'balls', but then no 'balls'

Lol, you are funny!! [Big Grin]

If my doctor would detect twice boys when they are actually not I would wonder from where he received his degree.

Can't complain about the doc I had in Cairo who told me in week 11 that I most likely gonna have a girl - and he was correct (thank you Dr. Hamza [Smile] ). And you are right, it doesn't matter as long as the children will be healthy. But - your husband will want to have a boy too later on. You know that, right? [Wink]

Well, CC, all the best for your delivery next month. Ah you must be SO excited, a new chapter in your life is about to open - MOTHERHOOD. Enjoy! With twins you will need a lot of help. All the best and keep us posted here on ES. I am thinking about you and I am so happy for you and your husband. [Smile] [Smile]

Rudegirl
Member # 16636
 - posted
Like TL said with double trouble you will need all the help you can get , but it absolutely worth it nothing compares to being a mother best thing that ever happened to me (and believe me a lot happened ;-) ) its hard work but enjoy .

Kalila : )
Member # 14517
 - posted
Just one thing CC don't dress them the same if you have 2 girls/boys

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
My favourite is still Samia for a girl.... followed closely by Jannah.

My best friend (Egyptian) and his wife have just named their baby girl Lara.... but they call her Lulu more than Lara!!

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
Seif

quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of

Tiger Seif is actually quite common, I know so many of them. But maybe that is a new trend.

....or Tito Seif,like the Egy male bellydancer. [Big Grin]

HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410
 - posted
I like Samira and Sanitha. [Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com