EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Shacking up in the west, for Muslimahs. » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Organized Crime
Member # 10522
 - posted
Now I know this isn't the norm, and a very small percentage would even think of doing such a thing.

But over the last year I have run into a few men who are shacked up with "fiancees" who happen to be Muslimahs.

By this I am shocked.

I know one couple, he is American, white, and a Art Student. She is Kuwaiti and unveiled (of course).

This guy claims that her family is supportive and is totally okay with it, even buys his artwork.

Then the others, I feel are not so rosy in their conditions.

I noticed, not one single shacked up Muslimah is Egyptian, and the woman is always rich.

Does this type of arrangement happen in Cairo with Gulf Arabs?

Any usernames running into these couples like I am?

Its really uncomfortable to ask them (all of the male American fiancees are open about it, even proud), and its tough to look them in the face after I know.

Melati
Member # 9610
 - posted
Pretty common for muslim born Indonesian girls here.But perhaps they would not tell the exact details to the family overseas.
But eventually the guy converts if it becomes serious.
I never heard of this with arabic girls here though , but where I live is not very populated with mid east people-although on the plateau overlooking the ocean( up the hill) we do have a coptic church!And near the main road theres a mosque.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
Same here, some muslimah's with a huge dilemma. They managed to live by themselves but are hesitant to live with their boyfriends becaus of the family. Some do and some get by. Some have to break up. We had an article in a magazine this month about this. Probably on the rise.

Demiana

Organized Crime
Member # 10522
 - posted
It freaks me out personally. I am a Lutheran Christian and could never shack up before marriage.

Its difficult to look these couples in the face!

And if my husband ever asks what the heck is up with them, I couldn't lie to him.

Morgan
Member # 6662
 - posted
[Big Grin] sono [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

yazid904
Member # 7708
 - posted
Sonomod,
It happens all the time! The kuwaitis and Saudis when they go to US or Europe just live it up with the deputy! America is more liberal in most cases, or you go to where people do not ask questions. If one lives in all Muslim neighbourhood, then it is difficult because people know your business and they can report you.

Even Iran has a special ceremony similar to orfi, a trial marriage ting where the two parties stay together for personal reasons and when they get tired of each other, then they call it off! No big deal!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com