EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » black plague originated in ancient Egypt? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
http://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/academic/A-C/ap/promo/bubonic.html

Osiris II
Member # 3079
 - posted
The biggest stumbling block this theory runs into is a simple question--If the plague started in ancient Egypt, were are the mass graves which would be associated with a plague? At this point, no such mass burial has been found.

Bethe
Member # 3838
 - posted
It might not have been "bubonic" plague, but another kind. There is phonemic evidence and the hieroglyph of the plow that I played with a long time ago, will try to find, that connects the sounds for flea, plow, and death.

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822
 - posted
If there was a plague in Egypt..would they have recorded it? They wouldn't have recorded it in the temples, would they? As the temples were places where the triumphs of the kings and gods were recorded, they would not have recorded what they would have seen as a punishment from the gods, would they??

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
The papyrus we have documenting the dieases in ancient Egypt are the Ebers and Smith papyri that were writen originally by Imhotep. Later dyansties added on to these papyrus over time. If any traces of this diease was to be found then one of these papyri would have documented them.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com