EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Huge statue for wife of Ramses II unearthed » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
December 9 , 2004 Huge statue for wife of Ramses II unearthed Culture Minister Farouk Hosni decided to carry out an urgent plan for developing and restoring the archaeological area of Tel Basta, Sharkia governorate, to be turned into an open museum as it is one of the most important capitals of Ancient Egypt. Meantime, the Supreme Council for Antiquities SCA Secretary- General Zahi Hawas said that the area would be put at the top of the monumental map, especially after the unearthing of the huge statue of the Princess Merit Amoun, the daughter and wife of king Ramses II that was restored and established at the entrance of the area. Mohamad Abdel Maqsoud, Lower Egypt and Sinai antiquities manager said that the project of setting up the statue in Tel Basta is considered a completion for the open Museum project and will cost around L.E. 10 million.
http://www.sis.gov.eg/online/html11/o091224i.htm

sunstorm2004
Member # 3932
 - posted
Why are these announcements so often without pictures? I'd figure it would be natural for journalists to snap a few photos of such a find. Is there some policy in the world of archaeology that forbids it?

blackman
Member # 1807
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Princess Merit Amoun, the daughter and wife of king Ramses II that was restored and established at the entrance of the area.
http://www.sis.gov.eg/online/html11/o091224i.htm

Wait a minute,
Daughter and wife. Okay, that's different. Yes, pictures would be nice. It's would be interesting to see her statue since she was a daughter and wife, but also she was has a statue made after her.

How do we know she was a daughter and wife?

ABAZA
Member # 5785
 - posted
Huge statue of Ausar found in the land of the liars....

------------------
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!! ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR HEART & SOUL!! // PEACE ******* ABAZA

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com