EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Zahi Hawass » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
neo*geo
Member # 3466
 - posted
I've already been perturbed with Hawass for his over charging Americans to see the touring King Tut show this summer but his need to have a reconstruction of King Tut's face is even more annoying. What are people's opinion's of Hawass? Do you think he helps or hurts Egyptology?

Thought2
Member # 4256
 - posted
Thought Writes:

More than anything I get a good laugh out of him. He is clearly a bafoon. Have you seen this clown on t.v.? Most of the serious Egyptologists probably tolerate him because he is in charge of the AE Antiquites.

kembu
Member # 5212
 - posted
He's a 'Westerner' wannabe. Notice his cowboy-styled hat on the Nefertiti Ressurected program. He was almost genuflecting in adulation to Joan Fletcher until the reconstructed face showed up. And then he referred to her as an amateur with no experience. Makes you wonder why he allowed her to re-open that tomb (something that had been sealed for years) if he really thought she was an amateur. The guy has no class and no equal in that respect.

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted

Zahi Hawass is even know making all Egyptologist publish their results in Arabic language journals.

HERU
Member # 6085
 - posted
Definitely hurting

rasol
Member # 4592
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Zahi Hawass is even know making all Egyptologist publish their results in Arabic language journals.

Making them? As in issuing a threat in case of non compliance?

neo*geo
Member # 3466
 - posted
He's lost all credibility with me.

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted

Yes, Zahi Hawass says that all Egyptologist have to publish their work in Arabic.

Horemheb
Member # 3361
 - posted
Do you think the egyptologists give a hoot about what you guys think?

neo*geo
Member # 3466
 - posted
I never realized how bad Hawass is until reading this article
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2099-1610673_1,00.html

Thought2
Member # 4256
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by neo*geo:

I never realized how bad Hawass is until reading this article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2099-1610673_1,00.html

Thought Writes:

Good Post!

Thought Quotes Hawas:

"My relationship with National Geographic is like my relationship with Discovery Channel, Nova, etc. Anyone who does something good for Egypt, I will work with them. We give them equality. National Geographic gave us the CT scanner and are making visitors'-centre films for us for free. *****I give access***** to these organisations based on what they can and will do for Egypt."

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 09 June 2005).]

Atheist
Member # 7741
 - posted
neo*geo

hehe when I saw this thread I was about to post that exact link

We need to spread that link around and educate these brainwashed people.

neo*geo
Member # 3466
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Atheist:
neo*geo

hehe when I saw this thread I was about to post that exact link

We need to spread that link around and educate these brainwashed people.

The part about him hacking away at a tomb for a TV show was very disturbing but not as disturbing as him lying and contradicting himself in order to discredit Joann Fletecher. The guy's on drugs.

rasol
Member # 4592
 - posted
Good link neo geo.

anacalypsis
Member # 5928
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Yes, Zahi Hawass says that all Egyptologist have to publish their work in Arabic.

There is nothing wrong with this..provided that the information is objective and truthful don't you think??

But don't get me wrong I think he is a boob!

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
In my honest opinion, Hawass has his good-side but he has his bad-side as well.

His good-side is that he wants to preserve Egypt's ancient legacy and educate others...

Unfortunately his bad-side is that he lets his position and the power that goes with it go straight to his head, and of course is unwilling to admit the true African origin and nature of Ancient Egypt. He claims that Ancient Egypt is not Near-Eastern but also says it's not African just unique of the two. Of course we know better.

Thought2
Member # 4256
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Unfortunately his bad-side is that he lets his position and the power that goes with it go straight to his head

Thought Writes:

It is very problamatic that a person with his power and influence is so biased and non-scientific.

rasol
Member # 4592
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

It is very problamatic that a person with his power and influence is so biased and non-scientific.

Hawass is either two steps forward and one step back, or one step forward and two steps back.

Egyptians must be in charge of their own history, and Hawass IS Egyptian.

But his sensibilities combine:

* groveling to the west.
* pandering to Arab nationalism.
* fear and resentment of Africa. [Blacks]

....well, all that baggage may come with the package, called "modern day egypt", no?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com