EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Nubian and Upper Egyptian relationships » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Topdog
Member # 6753
 - posted
Robert Furnea, Nubians in Egypt, 1973, University of Texas Press, p. 13

"Upper Egypt, home of the Saidi peoples, conventionally is defined as the area from Asyut south to Aswan. On the outskirts of Aswan, the Nubian villages began and extended south along the Nile past the Egyptian Sudanese border to Khartoum. If, however, we accept the Nubian view of the location of their people, Nubians are also to be found north of Aswan town, in the rich agricultural areas around Esna, Edfu, Daraw, and Kom Ombo. The inhabitants of many villages in the region look Nubian, being somewhat darker than other Egyptians. Members of an old Upper Egyptian tribal grouping, the Ga'afra, these people are generally considered to be Sa'idis like their neighbors, and it would be difficult to make a clear-cut separation between the various groups in the area. However, many Ga'afra believe they are related to the Nubians, a belief reciprocated by the Nubians themselves."

.Charlie Bass.
Member # 10328
 - posted
bump, a thread I created long ago, it sure enough debunks Mau.

Calabooz'
Member # 18238
 - posted
Nice citation.

Does LoisVilleSlugger post on ES?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com