EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » sunday night on the discovery channel » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mike rozier
Member # 10852
 - posted
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/egyptkv63/egyptkv63.html?dcitc=w99-502-ah-0038

IIla
Member # 10772
 - posted
Thanks. It should be interesting.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
I've seen the previous and the archaeologists are hoping this excavation could lead to the discovery of Tut's wife or some connection to her!

Can't wait to see it! [Smile]

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
I've seen the program last night, and I must say very intriguiging!

This new tomb has been dubbed KV63 and is believed to be a chache tomb, that is a small (not very elaborate tomb) that was probably built in a hurry. So far it is these types of tombs that most likely to escape tomb robbery.

The main artifacts found in the tomb were sealed pottery and 7 coffins. The dig is led by Dr. Ken Nystrom, a bio-anthropologist who is assisted by Dr. Salima Ikram, and Dr. Otto Schaden, with oversight by a representative from the Egyptian SCA.

Judging by style of the coffins and the artifacts that were discovered in the pottery, the tomb dated back to sometime around the 18th dynasty around the end of the Amarna to the end of Tutankhamun's reign.

I think all but a couple of the coffins were empty. The main coffin being that of a royal female. The experts are betting the body inside to belong to Tut's queen, Ankhesenamun.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
Has anyone else seen the program??..

amd1788
Member # 10447
 - posted
Were the representations correct as far as skin color and genetics go?

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
What exactly do you mean?? There were no representations or reconstructions, just artifacts and coffins. [Confused]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com