EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egyptians » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Yonis
Member # 7684
 - posted
 -

-

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Yonis
Member # 7684
 - posted
 -

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

multisphinx
Member # 3595
 - posted
Nice pics Younis.

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
Younis, do me a favor and make sure you label these photos which part of Egypt they come from? You don't have to label them if you don't know the specifics.

A couple of the first pictures are actually bedouins but they are still Egyptians but have a unique idenity different from the Sa3eedi and fellahin. Here are the pictures:

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/9323/egypto4a5ge.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7995/egypto25lf.jpg

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/784/egypto2a0yw.jpg

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
The Bishari's of Gebel Elba, south-eastern corner of Egypt; living in this part of the world for some 5,000 years, Bishari tradition portrays Gebel Elba as their place of origin.

-

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
 -

Fellaha--rural Egyptian living either in the Delta or Middle or Upper Egypt. Most likely in Middle or Upper Egypt because of the dress. Victorian postcard.

Doug M
Member # 7650
 - posted
I like this one:

-

Note the head shape and features of the boy on the right, who is looking left. A perfect example of the features found on Tutankhamen that Egyptologists try and pretend represents some sort of "caucasian" type. Therefore, NONE of the elongated crania seen in the Amarna period necessarily represent PURELY artistic exaggeration. Some of it is based on ACTUAL features, none of which has ANYTHING to do with caucasians.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^^Okay, Doug! Damn, we know all that. Tell it to the Eurocentrists

r.i.p.R
Member # 11270
 - posted
which ones in a culture does the wife get to choose and change her husband all the time the men paint there faces i know this bit but apparently in this one the wife has more than one hubby ,but they r of islamic culture any one tell me this thanx and where can i find information on them /w/s

Yonis
Member # 7684
 - posted
Those are the wodabe a group of the fulani, you can find them on king's african people thread nr:6, its the long faced men with feminine look, they have rituals where the males paint their faces in different colours and use makeup so to attract the females.

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
Aswan
 -

-

West Bank of Luxor
 -

Yonis
Member # 7684
 - posted
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^^Great pics Yonis! I've been searching all over the net for old black-and-white photos that have good close-up shots of rural Egyptian people. Usually all the old photos I have don't show the Egyptians as good as the Europeans.

It's ridiculously funny that Europeans back in those days were so obsessed about ancient Egyptian civilization, yet they didn't give a damn about the living descendants!

Hell, I'm not surprised if they didn't even considered all those modern rural types to be descendants of the great Egyptian civilization because they were black. Yet look at how all the European artists portrayed the Pharoahs:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/gavin.egypt/bruntports.htm [Eek!]

Notice the Victorian (actually imperialist) mindset many Europeans had back then where the 'native people' were servants to them. This couldn't be more true in Egypt where the local folks did most of the work for 'Egyptologists' digging moving rocks.

lovingspirit
Member # 11660
 - posted
oh wow these pictures are sooooooo cool
i did not know that egyptian were sooooooooo good looking [Wink]

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
I have no idea where these photos are from. Either parts of Middle Egypt or the Delta. Judging by the atire of the females most likely its the Delta. Sa3edeya usually wear all black;while Fallaha usually wear colorful dresses. BTW, although there are fallahin in Upper Egypt,usually the terms is used for people that reside in the rural Delta region.

-

-

-

SarahA
Member # 11716
 - posted
Ausar Yonis great job these are fabulous pictures.

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
Taken 1860s-1920s
 -

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
[Embarrassed] Funny how King spams other threads with pictures of Africans, but not this one.

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[Embarrassed] Funny how King spams other threads with pictures of Africans, but not this one.

He has his Egyptian thread here: [Wink]

OT African Picture Thread #13: Egyptians pt 2

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
 -

Hikuptah
Member # 11131
 - posted
Yonis were was the Second picture taken at those are Sufi Muslims from what area my father has a picture like that taken of his father with his sufi brothers.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com