EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African civilizations » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
tk101
Member # 12361
 - posted
I have a question, what qualifies as a civilization ? i heard that without a written langauge a society can't be a civilization. So is this true?

RU2religious
Member # 4547
 - posted
I suggest you research what is uncivilized first and then you compare it to U.S.A.

What is uncivilized is people who cannot live in peace with others ... Now compare that to the U.S.

People who uses violence as a means to an end ... now compare that to the U.S.

People who destroy the worlds resources are not civilized ... this is a major attribute of the European nation ...

As I said ... find out what is not being civil and compare it to European nations that do as the U.S. and you will find out that they are not civilized ....

Civil people live in peace and know how to operate in a society with many people without a thought of slavery or forced control.

Peace!~

Hikuptah
Member # 11131
 - posted
Sorry Ru2religious i think every nation in this entire world does not qualify as a civilized Nation u find me one nation in history that lives in peace without a thought of slavery or forced control.

RU2religious
Member # 4547
 - posted
Prior to European invasions I do believe this world was a lot better off.

Supercar
Member # 6477
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Hikuptah:
Sorry Ru2religious i think every nation in this entire world does not qualify as a civilized Nation u find me one nation in history that lives in peace without a thought of slavery or forced control.

Of course, there are no 'absolutes', but how about relatively quiet democratic countries like say, Sweden or Senegal?

Hikuptah
Member # 11131
 - posted
Supercar come on Democracy is just a word when people are Starving. Another thing no one country has fully understood Democracy and no Country has utilized it and Sweden has a King and a Queen a MOnarchy u think its Quiet come on its Corrupt as America is and Senegal is Poor with just as Much Corruption Democracy i think not.

Supercar
Member # 6477
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Hikuptah:
Supercar come on Democracy is just a word when people are Starving.

What does 'democracy' mean to you; and what does this have to do with my posting?

quote:
Hikuptah:

Another thing no one country has fully understood Democracy and no Country has utilized it and Sweden has a King and a Queen a MOnarchy

Well, the monarchy is more symbolic than actually preciding over the policies of the government. This is left to mainly the prime minister. Hikuptah, do you think the prime minister is 'elected' or not? Also see post above. Then we can move forward.

quote:
Hikuptah:

u think its Quiet come on its Corrupt as America is and Senegal is Poor with just as Much Corruption Democracy i think not.

As per your point about "corruption", I understand that you are shaky with English. Hence, you are forgiven, if you missed this earlier:

Of course, there are no 'absolutes', but how about relatively quiet democratic countries like say, Sweden or Senegal?

You say Senegal is "poor", and hence, I presume my example is invalid (?). How do you adjudge "poor"? If Senegal is not a "relatively" peaceful country, can you document in recent history, where this is to contrary?

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
[Embarrassed] All of this was discussed before, including definitions of civilization.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com