EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Kushite/Meroite Wardrobe » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818
 - posted
Does anybody know where I can find some pictures on ancient Ethiopian, Egyptian, and Persian wardrobe? I'm currently reading The Aethiopica written by Heliodorus.

[ 01. December 2007, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Henu ]

Mike111
Member # 9361
 - posted
This site has sections for each civilization, with pictures on all of the pages. There is also an additional material section with pictures of them in their normal attire.

For the Egyptians, there is also pictures of their jewelry and furniture. In the Persian section, there are pictures from Apadana of almost all of the ancient people.

You might also want to look at the Roman mummy portrait section, some of the pictures are beautiful, and very informative as to what the people looked like, and what clothing they wore.

Real History

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ By ancient Ethiopia, do you mean the modern country of Ethiopia in ancient times or Sudan??

If you mean the former, you can probably ask Yom.

King_Scorpion
Member # 4818
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ By ancient Ethiopia, do you mean the modern country of Ethiopia in ancient times or Sudan??

If you mean the former, you can probably ask Yom.

The wardrobe of the people that lived in Meroe.

Henu
Member # 13490
 - posted
Thread renamed accordingly.

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
 -

sportbilly
Member # 14122
 - posted
Thanks for the link Mike but I've bene only able to find three or so depictions of Kushite/Nubians on the site you linked to.

Anybody got anything more?

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
Here is a good site: http://www.ancientsudan.org/06_dailylife_02_clothing.htm

There are the famous depictions of Meroite kings and especially Kentake-queens from the temples.

-

-

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
up

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771
 - posted
Those pictures look similar to the way the ancient Egyptians drew themselves.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ Yes, the similarities are no doubt due to influence from the Egyptians, but can you spot out the differences or rather what features are native to the Kushites?

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771
 - posted
In that picture Myra posted, the hairstyles are definitely Ethiopian.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ I don't know about the hairstyle being Ethiopian, but I do know that it is Egyptian where Egyptologists have dubbed it "Nubian" style.

Beja-Tiffa
Member # 14440
 - posted
The clothing of Ancient Nubia and Egypt are exactly the same u should check out the clothing of Kunama men looks just like ancient Egyptian men clothing. The Hairstyle in Ancient Egypt is basically Beja style im trying to find this picture i think Yom can help me its a Poster of Ethiopia 13months of Sunshine were they have this Beja Boy with White Teeth and his Hair is Typical Ancient Egyptian style i know because i use to have the same hairstyle back home

kenndo
Member # 4846
 - posted
ALOT of the clothing look exactly the same to a certain point in the napatan period but there are some difference if you look at more of the art.
later there were more difference in the meroe period and more so later.in other words there were clothing that were more closer to each other and there were other clothing that egyptians did not have.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com