EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Archaeologists find statues of ancient Egypt king » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
SEEKING
Member # 10105
 - posted
Archaeologists find statues of ancient Egypt king
Thu Mar 5, 2009 1:29pm GMT

http://uk.reuters.com/news/pictures/articleslideshow?articleId=UKTRE52429G20090305&channelName=scienceNews#a=1

1 of 3Full SizeCAIRO (Reuters) - A team of Egyptian and European archaeologists have discovered two statues of King Amenhotep III, who ruled Egypt roughly 3,400 years ago, the Supreme Council for Antiquities said Thursday.

Chief Egyptian archaeologist Zahi Hawaas said in a statement the first statute was made of black granite, while the second depicts the king in the shape of a Sphinx, a figure with the head of a man and the body of a lion.

Amenhotep III presided over an era which saw a renaissance in Egyptian art. He was succeeded by his son Akhenaten, the sun-worshipping pharaoh credited by some for starting the world's first known monotheistic religion.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUKTRE52429G20090305

The Explorer
Member # 14778
 - posted
Neat, but too bad I couldn't locate the photo of "the king in the shape of a sphinx" in the links provided.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
I couldn't find this specific pic in other news articles either.

There was so much stuff found in Egypt within the last couple of weeks... its amazing.

Narmer Menes
Member # 16122
 - posted
Look at the photo closely, espcially the nose and lips... its no wonder their not publishing photos... be sure to archive the available photo, just in case it suffers from sudden nose and lip corrosion. The only thing that would hold Zawass back from parading these finds is obvious African features, which at least one of them appears to have...

ps. Amenhotep III... again... lol... were there any other Kemetic rulers?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com