EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Sunken Ancient Egyptian Port-City Reveals Some Of Its Secrets Read more at http://pla » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
SEEKING
Member # 10105
 - posted
http://planetsave.com/2013/04/08/sunken-ancient-egyptian-port-city-reveals-some-of-its-secrets/

mena7
Member # 20555
 - posted
Great info on the sunken Egyptian port city of Thonis-Heraclion.I think that Thonis was part of greater Canopus maritime trading city.Canopus was the greatest sea trade port city in the Mediteranean in ancient time before the rise of Carthage and Rome.Canopus was located were the city of Alexandria is now located.Canopus traded with West Asia, India, Africa, Europe.

The European explorer of the sunken city of Thonis should have shown right away to the media the 300 statuette they discovered.I dont want them to hide the statue with round nose and big lips and show only statue with narrow phenotype.I dont want them to break the nose and mouth of some statuettes.

Djehuti
Member # 6698
 - posted
^ LOL Let's hope not.

Anyway, this news reminds me of the discovery of Rhakotis. Makes you wonder how many other ancient sea ports there really were in Egypt.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com