EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The case of Berber: Some Reasons to Doubt That Neolithic Expansions and Macro-Familie » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487
 - posted
The case of Berber: Some Reasons to Doubt That Neolithic Expansions and Macro-Families Always Coincide

Abstract:

According to one of the current syntheses about linguistic, archeological and genetic data, homelands of linguistic macro-families coincide with epicenters of Neolithic expansion.Among other persons, who are archeologists for the most part, this scenario has been developed and advocated by the Australian archeologist, Peter S. Bellwood. The paper investigates the case of Berber, a branch of the Afrasian phylum. It appears that Berber lexical data very seriously conflicts with this line of reasoning. There are clear signs that the vocabulary of Neolithic realia and activities is not inherited in that branch of Afrasian but was borrowed from several sources,which include Latin and Italic languages. There is at least one group, based on primarily linguistic considerations, that does not fit in the equation ‘linguistic macro-family = neolithic expansion’:Afrasian.

http://www.academia.edu/1754281/The_Macro_Comparative_Journal._2012._The_case_of_Berber_Some_Reasons_to_Doubt_That_Neolithic_Expansions_and_Macro-Families_Always_Coincide._Vol._3.1

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com