EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Mentuhotep II & Wives » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
 - Queen Kawit according to Dietrich Wildung

I found a copy of this old research paper. You can download the .pdf for your files.

The excavation of the 11th Dynasty temple at Deir el-Bahari. Eighty-five workmen was set out to dig in the Great Temple.

The XI Dynasty Temples at Deir el-Bahri, Part 1, Eduardo Neville, (London: Egypt Exploration Fund, 1913)

Page 56 - Neville: "I often occurs in the tombs of the Old Empire that the women are painted light yellow, like these men. It has been explained by the fact that the women, being supposed to keep indoors more than the men, were less sunburnt, and lighter in color; but this explanation could hardly be accepted in the present case. I believe we must see here two different races, the red ones are the Egyptian conquerors, the yellow ones the old African (Libyan) stock... It seems to me that in this picture on the sarcophagus of Kemsit we have a reminiscence of the fact that the Egyptian nation was formed of an African native element mingled with foreign invaders."

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
Interesting document but I couldn't get the PDf to download so that it could be searched easily. Either my reader is not updated enough or there is a better format for the document than a normal PDF,

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
 -
Mentuhotep and wife (unidentified) , source Carolyn Graves-brown

^^ the only picture I've seen with Mentuhotep II and wife together.
His main wife was believed to be Tem

-
He seemed to like very long Hedjets

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
The majority of the scenes in the chapel take their inspiration from the Book of The Dead, but the artist has nevertheless managed to express a certain degree of originality in their details. The sequence of scenes unfolds according to a logical order: the funeral and the scenes on earth which follow the death, lead to the door of the burial chamber. From then, unfold the scenes showing the life of the deceased in the Amenti, at the border of which Amenemonet is greeted by king Mentuhotep and queen Neferys. Scenes of worship to Amun, Horus, Maat and other deities, conclude this decorative programme. The mural paintings, with their bright and fresh colours, are painted on a pale bluish-white wash throughout the chapel.

-

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
Painted sandstone statue of Nebhepetre Mentuhotep II, 11th Dynasty - Metropolitan Museum

-

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
Pharaoh Mentuhotep II daughter Princess Aushead. The drawing of Aushead was taken from her fathers tomb.

-

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126
 - posted
Temple at Deir el-Bahri

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
 -
Queen Kawit

Tukuler
Member # 19944
 - posted
Hi Myra.

Missed ya.

Hope you'll become a regular contributor again.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com