EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » the claims of a brother named Reggie; "Mountains of the Moon" » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
see LINK for slideshow

https://www.slideshare.net/africaonline1/primary-evidence-ancient-egyptians-came-from-inner-africa

-

Swenet
Member # 17303
 - posted
Dr Ben is mentioned. Spidey sense tingling. Wasn't Dr Ben supposed to be in the middle of that "blacksmiths of Horus from the south" text that no one was able to find upon closer inspection?

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
THe slide show supposedly vindicates Dr. Ben. You have to look at the details. This is a new analysis discussing a stela not talked about up until this point in 2014 where Brother Reggie analyzes the Famine Stela

Swenet
Member # 17303
 - posted
No thanks. I'll let you go first and go through the trouble of reading that. I stopped when I saw Dr Ben's name. Report back here and let us know when you're done (or when Dr Ben's ancient texts surface) if it's worth looking into.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451
 - posted
^^^^Better not insult Dr.Ben you're already suspect of being a Hamite supporter... [Wink]

Swenet
Member # 17303
 - posted
@Jari

Lol. I can take their misrepresentations. It's not coming from anyone whose posts I respect, anyway. These intellectual midgets are like flies buzzing around in front of me. I just swat them to the side and keep it moving. Time and history are on my side anyway. Textbooks and other sources dealing with AE affinity are going to lump them with the flat earthers in a couple of years. Lol.

Fourty2Tribes
Member # 21799
 - posted
Quick synop. The source of the Nile is called the land of the ancestors in the Famine Stele.

http://grandmotherafrica.com/africa-resolved-crises-lessons-famine-stela/

Unroll the Souls of Re, I shall be guided by them.” He departed, he returned to me quickly, He let me know the flow of Hapy, His shores and all the things they contain. He disclosed to me the hidden wonders, To which the ancestors had made their way, And no king had equaled them since. He said to me: “There is a town in the midst of the deep, Surrounded by Hapy, Yebu by name; It is first of the first, First nome to Wawat, Earthly elevation, celestial hill, Seat of Re when he prepares To give life to every face.

Swenet
Member # 17303
 - posted
Since lioness hasn't said anything about it so far, might as well add my own comments.

For lurkers who don't know what to think, the excerpt above is talking about the island Elephantine ("Yebu", "surrounded by the Nile", "first nome to Wawat", etc. etc.). There is nothing in that excerpt talking about "Mountain of the Moon". The excerpt is part of a decree issued by Djoser (and written from the viewpoint of Djoser) to his official stationed at Elephantine (named Mesir). It's not the "first epic conversation between God and man where the origin of the ancestors was revealed", although this document does describe (at a later point in the text) a conversation between an Egyptian deity and Djoser that has nothing to do with the claims being made. There is no agreement that the document is older than the Ptolemaic dynasty.

Also, the excerpt talks about ancestors going over to sites along the Nile river (i.e. "to which the ancestors had made their way"); it says nothing about ancestors migrating from those supposedly "inner African" sites, to Egypt. The setting in which the descriptions take place is immediately south of what was then the Egyptian border area between AE and Lower Nubia.

sudaniya
Member # 15779
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
Since lioness hasn't said anything about it so far, might as well add my own comments.

For lurkers who don't know what to think, the excerpt above is talking about the island Elephantine ("Yebu", "surrounded by the Nile", "first nome to Wawat", etc. etc.). There is nothing in that excerpt talking about "Mountain of the Moon". The excerpt is part of a decree issued by Djoser (and written from the viewpoint of Djoser) to his official stationed at Elephantine (named Mesir). It's not the "first epic conversation between God and man where the origin of the ancestors was revealed", although it does describe (at a later point in the text) a conversation between an Egyptian deity and Djoser that has nothing to do with the claims being made.

Also, the excerpt talks about ancestors going over to sites along the Nile river (i.e. "to which the ancestors had made their way"); it says nothing about ancestors migrating from those supposedly "inner African" sites, to Egypt. The setting in which the descriptions take place is immediately south of what was then the Egyptian border area between AE and Lower Nubia.

Thanks for this, Swenet.

People really should stop trying to take Egypt out of North Africa - Northern Sudan and Egypt. They should Just keep it within the Upper Nile valley.

Swenet
Member # 17303
 - posted
Glad you had use for my "Hamiticist" comments on this slideshow. [Razz]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com