EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Interpretations of Prehistoric Technology from Ancient Egyptian and other Sources. » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Punos_Rey
Member # 21929
 - posted
Abstract: A study of arrows in various museums coming from Predynastic and early Dynastic Egyptian tombs, has produced a number of examples with heads made of bone, worked stone and fish mandibles which are exact replicas of forms of arrowhead recovered from epi-Palaeolithic and later contexts in Africa as a whole. A proposed classification of these arrow types is presented - including also metal arrowheads - which demonstrates the relevance of the ancient Egyptian examples for African prehistory and also the general continuity of the main forms of arrowhead throughout the continent, from the Later Stone Age to comparatively recent times.

http://www.persee.fr/doc/paleo_0153-9345_1974_num_2_2_1057

Part II:
http://www.persee.fr/doc/paleo_0153-9345_1975_num_3_1_4193

------------

Found this set of articles an hour or so ago. In it the authors compare and contrast arrow types from predynastic and early dynastic Egypt to those seen in other parts of Africa. The articles date from 1974-1975 so not sure if there was ever any further research in this area but still felt it was worth a post.

Elite Diasporan
Member # 22000
 - posted
Good find.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com