EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Where in Egypt was each dynasty from? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Oshun
Member # 19740
 - posted
Is there a resource to show where (in Egypt) the ruling families from different Egyptian dynasties came from?

Before Chrisna
Member # 22932
 - posted
The first dynasty was from the south(Sudan), according to the Oxford Dictionary of Egyptology. They also site the mountain of evidence supporting this conclusion. Surprising to me, the book also mentions how some European Scientist refuse to acknowledge the mountain of evidence supporting Ancient Egypt's African/Black beginning and suggest racism is behind such behavior.

According to the Oxford Ashmolean Museum, the second dynasty was established by a Nubian ruler. His images and records are currently displayed in that museum.

I hope that this information was useful.
Peace out!

the lioness,
Member # 17353
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Before Chrisna:
[QB] The first dynasty was from the south(Sudan), according to the Oxford Dictionary of Egyptology. They also site the mountain of evidence supporting this conclusion.

what page?

Tukuler
Member # 19944
 - posted
Dynasty by dynasty

Date Dynasty&Origin Monarch + cartouches

pp.175-199
ben Jochannan (1981 edition)
Black Man of the Nile and his Family
pp.140-157 (1972)

Oshun
Member # 19740
 - posted
That is...confusing. The book says the first dynasty kings came from Thebes, but most accounts I have read said they are from Abydos. So why does he think they were from Thebes?

Ish Gebor
Member # 18264
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
That is...confusing. The book says the first dynasty kings came from Thebes, but most accounts I have read said they are from Abydos. So why does he think they were from Thebes?

You should study the Cataracts and Dynasties.

https://www.utdallas.edu/geosciences/nile/cataracts.html

"Many of the sites reveal evidence of important interactions between Nilotic and Saharan groups during the formative phases of the Egyptian Predynastic Period (e.g. Wadi el-Hôl, Rayayna, Nuq’ Menih, Kurkur Oasis). Other sites preserve important information regarding the use of the desert routes during the Protodynastic and Pharaonic Periods, particularly during periods of political and military turmoil in the Nile Valley (e.g. Gebel Tjauti, Wadi el-Hôl)."

https://egyptology.yale.edu/expeditions/past-and-joint-projects/theban-desert-road-survey-and-yale-toshka-desert-survey

Oshun
Member # 19740
 - posted
Maybe contacts were made, but I'm confused as to why the first kings would identify with Thebes over Abydos when their ancestors had been ruling from Abydos for hundreds of years.

Tukuler
Member # 19944
 - posted
Period dynasty city/ethny date

p.2
Hayes (1946)
The Scepter of Egypt

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

Dynasty by dynasty

Date Dynasty&Origin Monarch + cartouches

pp.175-199