EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  Racial Affiliations of Haplogroups (Page 3)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 6 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Racial Affiliations of Haplogroups
Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by COBRA:
The difrance is so obvious between the west africans and the somali. Your ignorance is showing off once more.

don't make me have to start post images...

Of course! Which proves my point!

quote:
I said a while ago: It is easy for Africans to distinguish between themselves because you notice your differences but to a person on the outside who is unfamiliar with such differences you ALL look alike!!

You must not be good at reading English or something

Again I ask: Cobra, since you yourself are half-white (Irish to be exact) do think that all Western Europeans look alike or are there differences? Is there even a difference between Western Europeans and Eastern Europeans? How about Northern and Southern Europeans?

Europe is a small area so the diversity of features aren't that great. So how about Asians. Can you tell any differences between me and my people?

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 16 September 2005).]

IP: Logged

leba

posted 16 September 2005 03:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
but to a person on the outside who is unfamiliar with such differences you ALL look alike!! Which is why there are some people who can't even tell the difference between a Somali, Sudanese, Bantu, or Pygmy!!!

Damn..You must be very stupid...Even white people told me ''How come your people / you look so different from typical africans''....
They even asked If Somalis are part arab because they couldnt believe pure Africans can look like that..

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 16 September 2005).]

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

you wish....mybe Somali by NATIONALITY but not by BLOOD.

It is not what I wish, it is what the source of the photo suggests. I can assure you that, placing the blame on me, won't make you feel any better.

quote:
Cobra:
He is not a descendent of Somali. Probably is a slave from tanzinee from the slave era.

How do you know this, did you take his DNA sample?

Besides, there is no such thing as "Somali by blood"; it is "nationality"!

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 16 September 2005).]

leba

posted 16 September 2005 03:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
It is not what I wish, it is what the source of the photo suggests. I can assure you that, placing the blame on me, won't make you feel any better.

Idiot, Not everybody in Somalia is Somali some are Arabic or Bantu or Afro-Arab or Oromo.

quote:
How do you know this, did you take his DNA sample?

He knows that because He's somali and can tell the difference between Somali bantus and regular Somalis dumbfuck..

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 16 September 2005).]

COBRA

posted 16 September 2005 03:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for COBRA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Banto.........Simple and obvious. No need to argue. Somalies have a certain look and i wont class that look as one.

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Leba:
Idiot, Not everybody in Somalia is Somali some are Arabic or Bantu or Afro-Arab or Oromo.

Who said otherwise, skinny monkey?

quote:
Originally posted by leba:
He knows that because He's somali and can tell the difference between Somali bantus and regular Somalis dumbfuck..

Well, skinny ape, that is pseudo-science, short of evidence!

COBRA

posted 16 September 2005 03:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for COBRA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

[IMG]

typical somali.

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 03:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Damn..You must be very stupid...Even white people told me ''How come your people / you look so different from typical africans''....
They even asked If Somalis are part arab because they couldnt believe pure Africans can look like that..

LMAO No actually I'm very intelligent. YOU are the very stupid one, dog's ass! You are too stupid to understand what I just posted!!

quote:
Djehuti says: to a person on the outside who is unfamiliar with such differences you ALL look alike!!

The very answer to your question of why those white people asked you all those questions is because they are unfamiliar with the diversity of features Africans have you MORON!!

Notice how they say "typical" African, as if Africans only come in one type!!

I myself have been mistaken for a Mexican because my features are not those of a "typical" Asian (i.e. Chinese, Japanese, Korean)!!

quote:
Lebs says: Idiot, Not everybody in Somalia is Somali some are Arabic or Bantu or Afro-Arab or Oromo.

It is a big joke for a dumb-ass hyena like you to call others idiots!!

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Banto.........Simple and obvious. No need to argue. Somalies have a certain look and i wont class that look as one.

What evidence do you have of this?

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 03:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

LOL Which again brings us back to my point

quote:
Djehuti says: It is easy for Africans to distinguish between themselves because you notice your differences...

The only dumbfuck around here is YOU, since you are too stupid to understand anything. Just a pathetic dumb jackal's dick! LOL

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Djehuti:
LMAO No actually I'm very intelligent. YOU are the very stupid one, dog's ass! You are too stupid to understand what I just posted!!

I wonder if Leba knows whether Somalia is in Africa? He must be one of those skinny monkeys in the streets, who don't think that they are in Africa. Heck, he doesn't even know that "Somali" is just nationality.

osirion

posted 16 September 2005 03:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
meaning what?.....East African is not an ethnic group.

EvilE said East Africans weren't Black. Not sure what you call that Boy - he is East African. Is was being Cynical.

leba

posted 16 September 2005 03:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
EvilE said East Africans weren't Black. Not sure what you call that Boy - he is East African. Is was being Cynical.

I think he means with ''East Africans''(Horn Africans is a better term btw) people such as Ethiopians, Somalis, Djibouti, Eritrea, North-Sudan....

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 03:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Leba is joke!! He cannot even comprehend what I just said but goes on ranting!!

Notice how he never replied to anything I said before about his sorry ass having all the rights and opportunities (including the opportunity of being in the US) because of peoples of West African descent!!!

His ignorant, dumb ass doesn't even know that he wouldn't be communicating on the internet if it wasn't for a West African scientist or that he wouldn't have access to such technology if it wasn't for the hard work, blood, and sweat of African Americans!!

His ass needs to either go back to Somalia (no offense to Somalis in general) or I'm sorry but, get his skull bashed in like that Ethiopian, since he apparently isn't using it! LOL

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 03:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Like I said, the guy wouldn't know where Somalia is on the map, if he was looking at it. He's among those primitive street wanderers, who don't even realize that they are in a continent called Africa. This is no insult, but a fact!

COBRA

posted 16 September 2005 03:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for COBRA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
YOU AFRONUTS NEED TO PAY AN ATTENTION:

typical somali.

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 03:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

typical somali.

Cobra, what is your point?

The people you call "Afronuts" already know how Somalis look like and even I know how Somalis look like!

That wasn't even the point of the whole argument, if you were paying attention.

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

And what are you?...a EuroNUT!

COBRA

posted 16 September 2005 03:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for COBRA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Bantu in Somalia

The descendants of six African tribes in East Africa, the Somali Bantu are not native Somalis. Their ancestors were taken from their native lands by Arab slave traders in the 18th and 19th centuries and sold through the Zanzibar slave market.

COBRA

posted 16 September 2005 03:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for COBRA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

No Somali

[This message has been edited by COBRA (edited 16 September 2005).]

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 03:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Bantu in Somalia

The descendants of six African tribes in East Africa, the Somali Bantu are not native Somalis. Their ancestors were taken from their native lands by Arab slave traders in the 18th and 19th centuries and sold through the Zanzibar slave market.

We already know this Cobra. So again I ask, what is your point?

osirion

posted 16 September 2005 03:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

I say Somalians can choose to call themselves anything they like. Blacks in America don't like to be called Black or Negro anymore. I try to call them: African American as much as possible to be sensitive. Guess I can be sensitive to Somalians as well.

Cushitic family is interesting and they do appear to be alot like our African American people. Very few pictures I have seen of Somalians strike me as out of place for inclusion in the social definition of African American. That along with other East African people.

Besides, these people all come from Ethiopia and that word alone means: Black Face (essentially). Not sure why people are so testy about that.

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 03:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Tell me, Cobra, when those U.S. soldiers were calling those Somali folks armed with guns "skinny monkeys", were they referring to Somali Bantus?

COBRA

posted 16 September 2005 04:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for COBRA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

THIS IS MY POINT

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

No, in Cobra's case it would be half-Euro-nut! LOL

osirion

posted 16 September 2005 04:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

typical somali.

I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that this person is not socially Black in America? He looks a bit like puff daddy.

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

THIS IS MY POINT

Thanks for the history lesson, but most of us know this!

Another point that should also be made is that Bantus are a minority in Somalia and the majority of them live in the south.

Of course the argument of a certain somebody (Stupid-Euro) is that Somalis are black because they are of predominantly Bantu ancestry! LOL Of course those of us who are educated on the history of the Somali people know otherwise

osirion

posted 16 September 2005 04:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

THIS IS MY POINT

Are you trying to tell me that the Arabs just skipped over Somalians and only made slaves of Bantu? Please! We know this is not the case at all! If Abyssinians were enslaved I am sure that definition included Somalian people. Also, what you are trying to say is that the Bantu migration was due to slavery? That is entirely an absurd idea.

That picture of the Black boy is a picture of an East Africa. Period.

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Are you trying to tell me that the Arabs just skipped over Somalians and only made slaves of Bantu? Please! We know this is not the case at all! If Abyssinians were enslaved I am sure that definition included Somalian people. Also, what you are trying to say is that the Bantu migration was due to slavery? That is entirely an absurd idea.

You must know the history of East Africa. Arabs mainly enslaved nonMuslims. Bantus during that time (Medieval times) were predominantly non Muslims while Somalis were for the most part already converted. Although it is true that Ethiopians were also enslaved by Arabs and brought over to as far east as India. which comes to show that the dog's ass (Lebs) is wrong that only Bantus or "true negroids" were enslaved.

The Bantu migration began 3,000 years ago, I believe and had nothing to do with slavery.

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Another thing not many people know about is the "Bantu tradition". The reason why Somalis are so quick to distinguish themselves from Bantus is because in their society Bantus are associated with slaves. And unfortunately they continue to be viewed as such. But the whole Bantu story is very compelling.

Both archaeology and linguistics place the original Bantu homeland to be around the Cameroon-Nigerian border. The expansion of Bantu speakers began because of the use of iron and thus the advancement of agriculture. Soon populations began expanding and migrating. Many scholars call them the "Bantu cultivators". As these cultivators expanded they began dominating new regions and they and their culture became the dominant force. The Bantus moved both southward and eastward but unfortunately at the expense of older inhabitants like the Pygmies and Khoisan. Many of these older inhabitants were either enslaved or assimilated by the Bantus. What's interesting is that all Pygmies speak Bantu languages and have apparently 'lost' their own native languages. In time, many Bantus established their own chiefdoms and even kingdoms.

The only areas where Bantu power and influence was not that great was in southern Sudan and the Horn region.

What's ironic is that because of their views on Bantus, many Somalis not only look down on Bantus but on Central and West Africans. (but I can see a few idiots like Leb have taken this to new heights of insanity!) On the other hand many Central and especially West Africans that I have spoken to look down on Somalis and when I told them that some Somalis think they're better than them, they actually laughed and thought I was crazy or that I heard wrong! Their reason was that Somalis are "barbarians". "They have not produced any civilization or cities until Arabs came. They are just simple nomads who are only good at fighting and can't even get along with themselves." All of this by the way was told to me by my West African friends!

It is because of all of this that I feel very uneasy at having both Somali friends and Nigerian friends!

leba

posted 16 September 2005 04:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

none! with none i mean zero!, none Somalis were enslaved. i sudgest you to do some research before you say bullshit.

just google ''somali slave'' and look how many times the word BANTU pops-up...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=somali+slave&btnG=Search&meta=

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
none! with none i mean zero!, none Somalis were enslaved. i sudgest you to do some research before you say bullshit.

just google ''somali slave'' and look how many times the word [b]BANTU pops-up...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=somali+slave&btnG=Search&meta= [/B]

Calm your stupid ass down, Lebs! We can see how your emotion has overridden your logic and the result is your stupidity!

mali

posted 16 September 2005 04:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mali     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Thanks for the history lesson, but most of us know this!

Another point that should also be made is that Bantus are a minority in Somalia and the majority of them live in the south.

Of course the argument of a certain somebody (Stupid-Euro) is that Somalis are black because they are of predominantly Bantu ancestry! [b]LOL Of course those of us who are educated on the history of the Somali people know otherwise

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 16 September 2005).][/B]

You are absolutely wrong...

a large minority group in Somalia....pre-war was the mushunghili...spelling!!!...

anyways they reside..in the NORTH...HARGESIA AREA TO BE EXACT...agian...alot on here no nothing of Somalis...

And since some1 brought up a pic of puffy....

OSIRION....

I suggest you dont know anything of his ancestry since....a group of sailors serving for the common wealth 1900-1950s lived in many common wealth nations as well as the americas.....Read...the First black immigrants to Britain....ON BBC...

Anyways...aside from pics spaming.

Somalis are black....we all know and are not of Bantu ancestry as u pointed out as we all well a select few really debae otherwise...

as a result...I ASSUME NONE OF U HAVE LIVED IN SOMALIA...

The MINORTIY gorups are SCATTERED ALL OVER...but CONCENTRATED by THE COAST...likewise many would be found in urban sprawls...

As u are not somali...it is quiet Easy TO IDENTFY a Bantu in AND OUTSIDE of somalia...
Since i really dont think leba or cobra are trying to make out ethnic somalis to look all identical...
but do have a "sterotypical" look.... that all somalis can tell...

And many others that are inclined to seeing a large community where they reside outside of Somalia...

That said....aside from the disparora if a person is not of admixture--somali and something else--its likely a somali knows a somali by designated ethnicity not nationality...since many somalis bare other nationalities....

if that wasnt the case....Somali Nationals...whether ethnic or not would have absorbed into the population...and as we know that aint true....

Going to the extreme by...DNA..test..which is fairly new..

That person...To me ...does not look Somali...and probably wouldnt blend in the population...

Anyways the pic...is ogf WAR TIME SOMALIA...MOGDUSHIO...AND ANYWHERE>...

SO U POSTING THAT IS IRRELIVANT..SINCE THEY he is NOT ETHNIC SOMALIS...WE ALL KNOW THAT NO ARGUEMENT.....personally>> IF IM WRONG I CAN ADMIT IT...BUT AS A SOMALI I KNOW THAT PERSON IS NOT AN ETHNIC>>>MEANING HE HAS NO TIEs BY BLOODLINE TO ANY MINORITY OR MAJORITY CLANS....

theres clanship in SOMALIA...which IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMIN 1s CLAN....BUT Ethnicity IS ANOTHER STORY...WHERE A SOMALI CAN RECOGNIZE ANOTHER DOESNT MATTER ABOUT HAIR OR SKIN COLUR ITS THE FACIAL STRUCTURE...

Theres always the extreme in population but by OSIRION posting a pic..of a BOY IN MOG....WAR CAPITAL....On Car with a Machine G... PURE CRAP...

JUST LIKE EURO----USING THE Bandair GUY--- AS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SOMALIS...WHICH ARE ALSO A MINORITY GROUP..

NOW OSIRION...ON THE EXTREME SIDE OF EURO..IS POSTING BANTUS---OR BAJUNNIS-- TO REPRESENT THE INDIGENOUS ETHNIC MAJORITY GROUP OF SOMALIA>...IS HILARIOUS....

As i stated before...many BANTU SOMALIS have Assimilated into the Majority ...and Have assumed relations With neighbouring ppls and ethnic Somalis...

And today in somalia North ... are rarely discriminated and live among other somalis ...

leba

posted 16 September 2005 04:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wow mali you need change you writing style!

And what the hell are you talking about? Bantu's don't live in north Somalia at all.

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mali:
You are absolutely wrong...

a large minority group in Somalia....pre-war was the mushunghili...spelling!!!...

Mali, I never said Bantus were a large minority! I just said they were a minority! And I hope you did not confuse Stupid-Euro's quote with mine! He is the one that claims all Somalis have Bantu ancestry!!

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 04:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Another thing not many people know about is the "Bantu tradition". The reason why Somalis are so quick to distinguish themselves from Bantus is because in their society Bantus are associated with slaves. And unfortunately they continue to be viewed as such. But the whole Bantu story is very compelling.

Both archaeology and linguistics place the original Bantu homeland to be around the Cameroon-Nigerian border. The expansion of Bantu speakers began because of the use of iron and thus the advancement of agriculture. Soon populations began expanding and migrating. Many scholars call them the "Bantu cultivators". As these cultivators expanded they began dominating new regions and they and their culture became the dominant force. The Bantus moved both southward and eastward but unfortunately at the expense of older inhabitants like the Pygmies and Khoisan. Many of these older inhabitants were either enslaved or assimilated by the Bantus. What's interesting is that all Pygmies speak Bantu languages and have apparently 'lost' their own native languages. In time, many Bantus established their own chiefdoms and even kingdoms.

The only areas where Bantu power and influence was not that great was in southern Sudan and the Horn region.

What's ironic is that because of their views on Bantus, many Somalis not only look down on Bantus but on Central and West Africans. (but I can see a few idiots like Leb have taken this to new heights of insanity!) On the other hand many Central and especially West Africans that I have spoken to look down on Somalis and when I told them that some Somalis think they're better than them, they actually laughed and thought I was crazy or that I heard wrong! Their reason was that Somalis are "barbarians". "They have not produced any civilization or cities until Arabs came. They are just simple nomads who are only good at fighting and can't even get along with themselves." All of this by the way was told to me by my West African friends!

It is because of all of this that I feel very uneasy at having both Somali friends and Nigerian friends!

mali

posted 16 September 2005 05:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mali     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

just google ''somali slave'' and look how many times the word [b]BANTU pops-up...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=somali+slave&btnG=Search&meta= [/B]

Yo...leba ease off...

This guy likes to distort facts...and assume crap...

Preconcieved thoughts that NO AFRICAN ppls ARE NOT PROAN TO ENSLAVEMENT ...WHICH IS FALSE... AND WE....WELL I AND other redu bodies know....

Leba..overlook this kids chit chat.....and take them for as little as straw.....

his refrence to abysinnia.. is stupid...and is inclusion of the somali...well the clan bodies of that kingdom...... is LOL...

Slave trade...things I've got to laugh at hearing in the Same sentence with the nation of Somalia..

This is the Same dude....that brought up comparative rates with HIV in another nation to SOMALIA!!!!

SUB SAHARA IS NOTORIUS WITH HIV/AIDS.... HOWEVER THE SAME NATION WHERE ITS NATIONS THAT BOARDER... HAVE A RATE OF 8% and another 1.5 million dying in the 2nd....U WOULD ASSUME A NUMBER SIMILAR HOWERVER<,,,,,ITS THE ENTIRE OPPOSITE...where ITS THE LOWEST RATE IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Great for us...and development and the process and the path to become a sustainable nation self depended...and a Future Developed nation...Aint so hard..

LMAO.... UR GOING TO TAKE THIS KID SERIOUS....

IM DYING OF LAUGHTER>

mali

posted 16 September 2005 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mali     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Wow mali you need change you writing style!

And what the hell are you talking about? Bantu's don't live in north Somalia at all.

Present... today ..after war broke out....

leba

posted 16 September 2005 05:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Djihuti wrote:
They have not produced any civilization or cities until Arabs came.

Hahahahaha this is just crazy...And Arabs never really ''came'' to Somalia....

quote:
Originally posted by mali:
Present... today ..after war broke out....

Maybe less then 100 or so they don't even make 0.1%.

mali

posted 16 September 2005 05:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mali     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mali:
[b] You are absolutely wrong...

Mali, I never said Bantus were a large minority! I just said they were a minority! And I hope you did not confuse Stupid-Euro's quote with mine! He is the one that claims all Somalis have Bantu ancestry!!

[/B][/QUOTE]

yea i know djeh...

euro--- on the extreme..stating somalis are maternally bantu...and are elongated in morphology but there "negroid charcterstics " are super imposed...Lies...Where with tech thats refuted that crap...and Osir.....On the other hand is trying to make the somali pop... out to be another..THE MINORITY.... CRAP...

it doesnt offends me. and it shouldnt offend any 1 else..but just makes me laugh....

Djehuti

posted 16 September 2005 05:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Djehuti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Hahahahaha this is just crazy...And Arabs never really ''came'' to Somalia....

LOL Well I would really appreciate a good debate on the West African/Bantu culture vs. Somali culture, but I would really appreciate more intelligent and educated Somalis or humans in general for this approach NOT ignorant, stupid swine like you!!

mali

posted 16 September 2005 05:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mali     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Maybe less then 100 or so they don't even make 0.1%.

djh...lol

im lauhing like hell here....

by the way leba...have u been through the official Somali govt...website... they have a hisory sect....u should look over there working on the site still.

i read somehwere dont know here some1 made mention...of the Swahili...having a dramatic impact on the somali culture or history...lol..

who said that..lmao...

All they Had an impact is STEALING NORTH SOMALIA.. MORE SO LIKE THEFTS and Infectors...

Kukuma aint worth Somalias time...

however the Ogaden region is where all the natural gas Resevers are located...PISSED AT THE RUSSIANS...Ethiopia marking its political territory there..ethiopians are powerless there..LMAO...

when i hear the amahric bulling the Oroms..i laugh so hard..if it wasnt for the russians flipping sides ethiopia would be occupied by Somalia forget Mussolini...

There some LONG term goals somalias working on and its Certainly the reunification of all 5 somalilands that the colonial powers shuffled...

Ceelgabo_11

posted 16 September 2005 10:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
The source of the photo suggests the boy holding the gun, is indeed a Somalian.

I'm could say for certainty that boy is either full blooded bantu or one of those bantu tribes that adapted Hawiyee as their clan...

Super car

posted 16 September 2005 11:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
I'm could say for certainty that boy is either full blooded bantu or one of those bantu tribes that adapted Hawiyee as their clan...

What solid corroboration makes you so certain of what you just claimed?

Ceelgabo_11

posted 17 September 2005 12:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ceelgabo_11     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
What solid corroboration makes you so certain of what you just claimed?

1. The picture is taken Mogadishu, southern Somali..a city inhabited by not only ethnic Somalis, but also bantus and Arabs. These three ethnic groups have mixed in the past and still do.

2. Mushungulu and Gosha
Most Mushungulu also speak Maay as second language. Some of the people you known may actually have Mushungulu as a mother tongue. A common name for people of Bantu origin in Somalia is Gosha.

They use other terms for themselves, also, by village, region, clan or other designations. Some would consider themselves a tribe of Somali now, or a tribe of Digil-Mirifle (Maay). A small number of Gosha live across the border in Kenya. These do not speak Mushungulu, but Maay and Garreh.

There are about 20,000, or up to 80,000 by some estimates, of people of Bantu origin, who speak Mushungulu, Maay, Garre and Somali. Most are bilingual in at least two of these. Most people of Bantu origin no longer speak a Bantu language. (On the coast you will find the Bantu Swahili peoples, who are unrelated to the Mushungulu or Gosha.

3. Just like Xabashis could tell the difference between Somali and Xabashi 75% of the time or Xabashi and Yoruba, I think Somalis could tell the difference between someone who is Somali from other people atleast 75% time...

I admite that I could be wrong in saying that this kid is for certain a full blooded bantu, cause he could be full blooded somali with no bantu blood as well...

[img]http://www.m6.is/GlobalPhotos/myndbanki.nsf/Files/Somalia_BORNOGS2/$file/Somalia_BORNOGS2.jpg[\img]

Super car

posted 17 September 2005 12:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ceelgabo_11:
1. The picture is taken Mogadishu, southern Somali..a city inhabited by not only ethnic Somalis, but also bantus and Arabs. These three ethnic groups have mixed in the past and still do.

Most Somali Cushitic speakers don't mix with Bantu groups. There is this baseless attitude out there , as amply expressed here by self-proclaimed Somali reactionaries, and one which [that is the attitude] has manifested itself in genetic test results, that the Bantu are inferior.

Also,that boy in the photo, is holding a gun; are many Somali Bantus involved in fighting as well, in the capital city? Who are they supposedly fighting with?

quote:
Ceelgabo_11:
2. Mushungulu and Gosha
Most Mushungulu also speak Maay as second language. Some of the people you known may actually have Mushungulu as a mother tongue. A common name for people of Bantu origin in Somalia is Gosha.

They use other terms for themselves, also, by village, region, clan or other designations. Some would consider themselves a tribe of Somali now, or a tribe of Digil-Mirifle (Maay). A small number of Gosha live across the border in Kenya. These do not speak Mushungulu, but Maay and Garreh.

There are about 20,000, or up to 80,000 by some estimates, of people of Bantu origin, who speak Mushungulu, Maay, Garre and Somali. Most are bilingual in at least two of these. Most people of Bantu origin no longer speak a Bantu language. (On the coast you will find the Bantu Swahili peoples, who are unrelated to the Mushungulu or Gosha.

Interesting words on the Mushungulu. But it appears to be irrelevant to the Boy in the photo. Do you have proof beyond doubt, that this boy is a Mushungulu or Gosha?

quote:
Ceelgabo_11:
3. Just like Xabashis could tell the difference between Somali and Xabashi 75% of the time or Xabashi and Yoruba, I think Somalis could tell the difference between someone who is Somali from other people atleast 75% time...

Nigerians could usually tell Nigerians from Senegalese, and Senegalese vice versa. I am not sure you can say the same for that boy in the photo, and claim that you are correct beyond a doubt! When I look at him, he looks perfectly like a Somali, and I know what Somalis look like. Bottom line, you can claim that he's this kind of Somali or he's that kind, but unless you can prove your statements beyond doubt, it is just as subjective as any other person's viewpoint. What isn't beyond a doubt, is the fact that the guy depicted is Somali!

quote:
Ceelgabo_11:
I admite that I could be wrong in saying that this kid is for certain a full blooded bantu, cause he could be full blooded somali with no bantu blood as well...

Now we are talking. Frankly, when I look at this boy, his body structure seems to be typical of other Somalis. Again, someone else might disagree with this. But unless, you can prove that this person is for sure a Bantu Somali, then your claim has no merit.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 17 September 2005).]

osirion

posted 17 September 2005 01:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Abyssinian empire of Aksum.

From the 2nd to the 7th century AD, the Ethiopian Aksum Kingdom dominated large parts of Somalia. Nevertheless, Arab Muslim merchants wrested control of the Africa-Asia trade routes, which Somalia was a part, from the Christian Aksumites, who consequently migrated from the Red Sea coast to the interior, seeking refuge in the highlands.

We can surmise that after the merchants took control over parts of Somalia, that was under Aksumite control, enslavement of that population occurred. However, the Somalians did convert to Islam by the 13th century. In fact, a Muslim Somali leader, conquered much of Ethiopia. Thus began incursions by the Oromo people from the Southern borders of Ethiopia.

I think you guys forget I am part Ethiopian. The fact that Somalians became slave traders is well known to me. The fact that Islam caused the downfall of a great Christian empire is also well known to me. What is also known to me, is that my people were also enslaved by the Arabs and the Somali traders and not just Bantu. Ethiopians are the mother group of the Cushitic family.

[This message has been edited by osirion (edited 17 September 2005).]

osirion

posted 17 September 2005 03:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for osirion     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
You must know the history of East Africa. Arabs mainly enslaved nonMuslims. Bantus during that time (Medieval times) were predominantly non Muslims while Somalis were for the most part already converted. Although it is true that Ethiopians were also enslaved by Arabs and brought over to as far east as India. which comes to show that the dog's ass (Lebs) is wrong that only Bantus or "true negroids" were enslaved.

The Bantu migration began 3,000 years ago, I believe and had nothing to do with slavery.

The Horn of Africa was part of the Aksum empire. Somalians did not convert to Islam in mass until the 13th century. Before that time many were Christians and as a result they were being enslaved by Arab merchants.

leba

posted 17 September 2005 06:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for leba     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lying Jew:

The Horn of Africa was part of the Aksum empire.

Prove that they enslaved Somalis you liar. They caught their slaves from only certain parts of that ''empire'' not from Somalia.

Whats you point of slave-washing Africa? The majority of the Africans don't have any slave ancestery or were never enslaved.

quote:
Originally posted by Lying Jew:
Somalians did not convert to Islam in mass until the 13th century. Before that time many were Christians and as a result they were being enslaved by Arab merchants.

Somalis never converted to Christianity...Before Islam Somalis use to be believe in the waaq religion..Somalis were and are fighting nomads pussy Arabs didn't even come near us and never even tried!

[This message has been edited by leba (edited 17 September 2005).]

This topic is 6 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6