EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » 1st visit to Egypt (need advise) » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mo-jo
Member # 10028
 - posted
Hi everybody

1st time on the net, so hope this is the right way to proceed.
I am going to book a holiday to Egypt and the Hotel, that i have been offered is the HOR PALACE HOTEL in Hurgarda.
Can anyone advise me if it is a good hotel to stay at ie: clean,comfortable and good food ???

Thanks Mo-Jo

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759
 - posted
Nobody is willing to help here? Come on... [Smile]

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Hi Mojo welcome [Wink] here is a review of the hotel for you!! [Eek!]
Hotel is not geared up for the English at all. Food was appalling and generally consisted of dishes such as fish heads and beef type stew with lumps of fat in! Entertainment seemed to be non-existent and during our stay we were apparently 2 of 5 British people staying in the whole hotel, non of which we actually saw, just ignorant Russians.

Although the hotel has probably seen better days, putting everything aside I cannot fault the hotel in terms of the location, swimming pool, room and friendliness of staff.

If you choose to stay here I just hope you get Ben our cleaner, he was friendly, never entered the room when we were in or knocked when the 'Do not disturb' sign was on, whilst also cleaning the room to a high standard every day, complete with decorations on the bed using our bed linen and flowers. Thanx Ben!

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Also sites such as
www.tripadvisor.com
and www.virtualtourist.com may be helpful

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
just ignorant Russians.

Hehhehehehehe

Watch it! We have an ex-KGB memeber called Lanuchkhara or something and she will eat you alive for saying this..

Hey LanucKharaShow.. How is the bitching around going?

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
The Hor Palace is among a myriad of restaurants, so if you don't like the food you can also eat cheaply outside.

Hotels cannot cater for every taste and a point to remember is that nothing is ever wasted in Egypt. Yes meat can be fatty, but there is certainly far more to eat than fish heads and stew!

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
If you can live with saying "hor palace" without laughing, you're a better person than me!!! [Big Grin]

tootifrooti
Member # 9824
 - posted
Kingdom I copied this from a hotel review website. I have never been there [Wink]
Hope she is not lining me up in her Kalashnikov sights!! [Eek!]

Ayman-Cairo
Member # 2490
 - posted
Hi,
I stayed for three times in that hotel and it was really nice

Enigma
Member # 9314
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
If you can live with saying "hor palace" without laughing, you're a better person than me!!! [Big Grin]

I'm with you Samia, everytime i see this place i start to snigger [Big Grin] juvenile i know, but what can i say [Razz]

Salam

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com