EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » PuZlLeS (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PuZlLeS
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see I am keeping you on your toes!

- As far as I know the source I got the information was reliable. I believe that piece of information about Muhsin was a translation of something from the Arabic site of: http://www.islamtoday.net/, but it would take me too long to search for it, and the English section, although it doesn’t translate everything, doesn’t have a search feature.

- I accept your rationale about Fatimah and the Prophet’s reasons for supporting her, but what I find interesting is that what was the exception then, is now used as the rule, and most people now support their non-acceptance of polygyny by quoting this example without giving the full story.

- What I read was that a scientist was conducting a study on Prayer Times around the world, using a special way of sketching maps to show the direction of Qiblah from anywhere in the world. When the borders of the seven continents were shown on the projected map, it was found that the outer borders of the continents join together to form the circumference of a circle, whose center is Makkah Al-Mukaramah!

- If Ramsis is the clue, is the Red Sea floor the answer? By the way, was Ramsis, the Pharaoh? I saw him exhibited in the Egyptian Museum as such, but then heard that there was speculation over it.

- Regarding the Fard and Sunnah, this has me puzzled! My thoughts went to the following: you cannot pray fard in the bathroom, but the dua (supplication/prayer) for entering and leaving are done outside anyway; and then I thought, you cannot pray fard in a slaughterhouse, but the supplication/prayer said on slaughtering is obligatory by a Muslim and for halal meat, but I guess if its not a Muslim slaughterhouse, it could then be described as desirable. And I am probably being way too logical and missing the answer by a mile, if so, you’ll have to give me a clue!

- A question first, is sujud sahw applicable for Sunnah prayers? If not, I may need another clue.

Sorry, only one for you today, I’ll try to come up with some more later!

- Which is the only surah in the Qur’an where the ruler of Egypt isn’t referred to as pharaoh, and why?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Glad to see I am keeping you on your toes!

- As far as I know the source I got the information was reliable. I believe that piece of information about Muhsin was a translation of something from the Arabic site of: http://www.islamtoday.net/, but it would take me too long to search for it, and the English section, although it doesn’t translate everything, doesn’t have a search feature.

- I accept your rationale about Fatimah and the Prophet’s reasons for supporting her, but what I find interesting is that what was the exception then, is now used as the rule, and most people now support their non-acceptance of polygyny by quoting this example without giving the full story.

- What I read was that a scientist was conducting a study on Prayer Times around the world, using a special way of sketching maps to show the direction of Qiblah from anywhere in the world. When the borders of the seven continents were shown on the projected map, it was found that the outer borders of the continents join together to form the circumference of a circle, whose center is Makkah Al-Mukaramah!

- If Ramsis is the clue, is the Red Sea floor the answer? By the way, was Ramsis, the Pharaoh? I saw him exhibited in the Egyptian Museum as such, but then heard that there was speculation over it.

- Regarding the Fard and Sunnah, this has me puzzled! My thoughts went to the following: you cannot pray fard in the bathroom, but the dua (supplication/prayer) for entering and leaving are done outside anyway; and then I thought, you cannot pray fard in a slaughterhouse, but the supplication/prayer said on slaughtering is obligatory by a Muslim and for halal meat, but I guess if its not a Muslim slaughterhouse, it could then be described as desirable. And I am probably being way too logical and missing the answer by a mile, if so, you’ll have to give me a clue!

- A question first, is sujud sahw applicable for Sunnah prayers? If not, I may need another clue.

Sorry, only one for you today, I’ll try to come up with some more later!

- Which is the only surah in the Qur’an where the ruler of Egypt isn’t referred to as pharaoh, and why?

-I meant Prayers as Salah not just Dua , to give you a clue, He prayed in a place, this place exists in one city and not anywher else.

-Sujud el sahw is applicaple for Fard and Sunnah . a hint hmmmmm how about this, in Fiqh there is a known rule that you can't bring anything into something unless that anything was a pillar of the something...sounds more complex now

- I think you're talking about the story of Joseph pbuh, where the rules was referred to as the king or the mighty /al aziz maybe because there was no suh a thing as king named pharoe that time?

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum Troubles!

It seems as if the inspiration has left me, I am going to have to surrender on those two questions.

As to the “king” in the Qur’an, yes of course you got it, I expected no less of you! It comes in the verse: "And the king (of Egypt) said: 'Verily, I saw (in a dream) seven fat cows…'"

Apparently, and Egyptologists may be able to correct me on this, but when they deciphered the Rosseta Stone it was then made known that the time that Yusuf (peace be upon him) lived in Egypt was during the reign of the shepherd kings (the Hyksos), and not the time of the pharaohs.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Assalamu alaykum Troubles!

It seems as if the inspiration has left me, I am going to have to surrender on those two questions.

As to the “king” in the Qur’an, yes of course you got it, I expected no less of you! It comes in the verse: "And the king (of Egypt) said: 'Verily, I saw (in a dream) seven fat cows…'"

Apparently, and Egyptologists may be able to correct me on this, but when they deciphered the Rosseta Stone it was then made known that the time that Yusuf (peace be upon him) lived in Egypt was during the reign of the shepherd kings (the Hyksos), and not the time of the pharaohs.

Okay, about the place where Sunnay Prayer is desirable and Fard is not allowed is inside Ka'ba

As for where Sujud El Sahw is not allowed, it's if the act of forgetfulness happned in prayers which has no sujud as part of it such as funeral prayers.

-The Hyksos, if only you know how this may sound to an Egyptian...we kind of were taught that hyksos are a group of heartless invadors. If I remember well the title Pharoe (means great house) was not used in refrence for the ruler in the old and mediate kingdoms but only in the new kingdom at the time of moses pbuh, while Yousef pbuh cam during the mediate kingdom ...I'm not sure of this though

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Ok, I guessed the first one, but wasn’t confident enough of the answer to give it as I had heard of people who had prayed in the Ka’bah, but didn’t know what type of prayer they had done, so in both points I have learned something new.

As I make absolutely no claims to know anything about Ancient Egyptian history, I will have to take your word for this, but I am surprised at your comment as the information I mentioned came from an Egyptian translation of something written by an Egyptian!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com