EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old are you? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wenta mal ahlak. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Man
Member # 13646

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

Hehehehe. You've been there for far too long!
Posts: 345 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where? In Egypt or in this discussion? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see people off topic....lol [Roll Eyes]

Whats up with this secrete code language??? [Confused]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What a vulgar response! by the way, I am resistant to this kind of language , if you want to use this language, go find any other place to write those vulgar stuff.

Of Gold, I think she is insulting me but does not want to look like vulgar in front of those English speakers who are reading this.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

What business of yours is it how old I am, and what does it have to do with the topic at hand? You're again trying to change the subject because you're not able to answer any question or prove any of your claims.

[Roll Eyes]

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Listen, I think It was you who changed the subject from the beginning.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

I am always surprised at how people can post the most insulting, demeaning and degrading stuff, but then they cry wolf if they feel you've stepped on their toes and *insulted* them.

You, joueur, have repeatedly posted and defended the most disgusting and offensive claims.

You have said that it's a woman's fault if her husband rapes her. That's abysmal.

You have agreed with some preachers' claims that a man has the right to force a woman to have sex.

You repeatedly post stuff from Islam-QA whose scholars claim that a man is better than a woman, that she has to obey him and that he is basically her master.

You see nothing wrong with the preachers on there claiming that women are lesser beings than men and that their genitals should be mutilated.

All of this is abysmal, offensive and highly degrading to women, but it doesn't bother you in the least if women on here are offended by any of that. Worse, you're even trying to sell it to us as spiritually enlightening.
And now you're acting all insulted and hurt because I'm using an expression that you find vulgar? Believe me, I have been quite nice and polite to you given the offensiveness of many of your statements.

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
I am always surprised at how people can post the most insulting, demeaning and degrading stuff, but then they cry wolf if they feel you've stepped on their toes and *insulted* them.

You, joueur, have repeatedly posted and defended the most disgusting and offensive claims.

You have said that it's a woman's fault if her husband rapes her. That's abysmal.

You have agreed with some preachers' claims that a man has the right to force a woman to have sex.

You repeatedly post stuff from Islam-QA whose scholars claim that a man is better than a woman, that she has to obey him and that he is basically her master.

You see nothing wrong with the preachers on there claiming that women are lesser beings than men and that their genitals should be mutilated.

All of this is abysmal, offensive and highly degrading to women, but it doesn't bother you in the least if women on here are offended by any of that. Worse, you're even trying to sell it to us as spiritually enlightening.
And now you're acting all insulted and hurt because I'm using an expression that you find vulgar? Believe me, I have been quite nice and polite to you given the offensiveness of many of your statements.

YOU ARE A BIG LIAR AND VULGAR.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia, I don't think he really wanted to know your age. I took it as if he was saying that you were acting childish.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by joueur ( Hocus Pocus):
YOU ARE A BIG LIAR AND VULGAR.

Don't scream at me. Thanks.

Please prove your accusation. I know you won't be able to. [Roll Eyes]

of_gold
Member # 13418

joueur, that is what I have understood you to say too.

Maybe you should clear up what you think about the subject if your view are different that what she states above.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
joueur, that is what I have understood you to say too.

Must be our weak female brains ... [Big Grin]

the mind and memory of two women takes the place of the mind and memory of one man

Scientific and specialized studies have shown that men’s minds are more perfect than those of women, and reality and experience bear witness to that.

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=20051&ln=eng

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
Maybe you should clear up what you think about the subject if your view are different that what she states above.

You understand what she said not what I said.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
quote:
quote:

Big proof to my fighting against evil is that thread. You are twisting facts.

Nope, I'm putting my finger on facts you would prefer to deny and ignore. Big difference. [Wink]
Yes, Those facts you said you have never seen or passed by.
I didn't say anywhere that I never saw those things, I said they haven't happened to me personally. Big difference.

So who is twisting words here?

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:

You understand what she said not what I said.
Yes.

Well, I understand what she says above to be what you are saying. Is it a misrepresentation of how you believe? If so how?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

What a vulgar response! by the way, I am resistant to this kind of language , if you want to use this language, go find any other place to write those vulgar stuff.

Of Gold, I think she is insulting me but does not want to look like vulgar in front of those English speakers who are reading this.

This English speaker just asked her husband what it means, basically she told you its not your business, I dont see what the big fuss is about considering as Dalia has said, the vulgar and insulting things you seem to agree are 'spiritual' or 'Islamic'. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
I understand what she says above to be what you are saying.
My points are well explained through my posts. She tried to twist them to be suitable for her accusation. I tried to be polite and respond gently but It did not work and I had to respond impolitely as she did.
If anyone here truly wants to understand me, He can refer to my posts.

Dalia, If you are truly a good woman , I do not want to see your comments in my topics again, Thank you.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
My points are well explained through my posts.

No, joueur, they are not, which is why you have been repeatedly and politely asked by several people to clarify / explain your views further. So you had ample opportunity to clear up any points where you felt you might have been misunderstood.

quote:

She tried to twist them to be suitable for her accusation. I tried to be polite and respond gently but It did not work and I had to respond impolitely as she did.
If anyone here truly wants to understand me, He can refer to my posts.

I am not interested in twisting yours (or anyone else's) words and neither do I need to lie in order to make a point.
Each of my observations is based on your posts and on your very own words. Again -- you could have asked me to explain how I arrived at my personal conclusions, and if you felt they were wrong, you could have tried to correct what you percieved as a misonception.

In any discussion, particularly online, there is the risk of miscommunicating or misunderstanding. That's why it's important to ask when something is not clear and to expand on your views when being asked. But you have been acting as if you think a question is an offense and everyone who does not understand you is either stupid or has bad intentions.

So instead of trying to make yourself understood, you resort to patronizing, changing the subject (see the top of the previous page for the latest example) or insulting, and even something that I perceive as mocking. For example, I have repeatedly said on here that I find it very offensive, digusting and insulting to claim that a husband has the right to beat his wife, an opinion that is shared by many people. Yet you continue posting fatwas and texts that describe the husband as the *master* etc., and you seem to suggest that there is something wrong with me and others who do not find such stuff spiritually enlightening or uplifting.

I don't really understand whether this is intentional or whether you are simply not being aware of how offensive some of that stuff is. But you completely refuse to even acknowledge the fact that it might be to some!

You are very sensitive as to your own dignity and emotions and to what you perceive as being insulted. But at the same time you do not take others seriously enough to acknowledge or accept that they might find some of the statements you have posted insulting or offensive, even if it's explained to you in detail why and how. This, to me, shows a lack of respect for others.

quote:

Dalia, If you are truly a good woman , I do not want to see your comments in my topics again, Thank you.

Joueur, I will never be a *good woman* by your standards. [Wink] And according to the people you keep quoting, I, as a European unmarried woman, am a "degraded and abused creature" anyway, and at risk of "deviating from the straight path and following the ways of promiscuity". [Roll Eyes]

I've been on this board for many years, and you are neither the first nor the only one who wishes I would just shut up. But I will continue to comment if I see things that I believe are wrong, degrading or hateful.

I'm quite busy those days though, so you might get lucky. [Cool]

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Show me where I did offend you

quote:
No, joueur, they are not, which is why you have been repeatedly and politely asked by several people to clarify / explain your views further. So you had ample opportunity to clear up any points where you felt you might have been misunderstood.
I was asked to define rape. Is that related to my view?

quote:
Joueur, I will never be a *good woman* by your standards. [Wink] And according to the people you keep quoting, I, as a European unmarried woman, am a "degraded and abused creature" anyway, and at risk of "deviating from the straight path and following the ways of promiscuity". [Roll Eyes]
What are you talking about? What are my standards?
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com