EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that's what he says.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where ? Is it your conclusion or his direct words?
I am afraid but We do not depend on your conlcusion as a proof.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must have overlooked those statements:

"Pay attention to how you treat him, for he is your Paradise and your Hell."

The Muslim woman does not forget that her obedience to her husband is one of the things that may lead her to Paradise, as the Prophet (PBUH) said:

"If a woman prays her five daily prayers, fasts her month (of Ramadan), obeys her husband and guards her chastity, then it will be said to her: `Enter Paradise by whichever of its gates you wish.'"14 Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: "The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: `Any woman who dies, and her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.'"

The true Muslim woman knows that Islam, which has multiplied her reward for obeying her husband and made it a means of her admittance to Paradise, has also warned every woman who deviates from the path of marital obedience and neglects to take care of her husband, that she will be guilty of sin, and will incur the wrath and curses of the angels.

The warning given to the woman whose husband is angry with her reaches such an extent that it would shake the conscience of every righteous wife who has faith in Allah (SWT) and the Last Day: she is told that her prayer and good deeds will not be accepted, until her husband is pleased with her again.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/humanrelations/womeninislam/idealmuslimah/

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am glad that you ask and want to learn. I believe the start of the straight path is to learn and pay efforts to understand. Dalia, Do you go to islamic lectures or stuff?

"Pay attention to how you treat him, for he is your Paradise and your Hell."

Yes, because he is a human. Treating a human with kindness is a good deed and will lead to the paradise. I remember The prophet also told about a woman who tortured a cat and entered a hell. and a woman who gave water to A thirst dog and entered the paradise. In Islam, not only being kind to animal is a great deed but also helping and respecting humanity is a great dead. This is besides doing the prayers , fasting, and all the daily islamic duties.

Give your other questions, please?

Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
I remember reading in Hadith, That the husband will get good reward when treating his wife mercifully.
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
I Just got this hadith
“The believer who has the most perfect faith is the one whose behaviour is best, and the best of you are the ones who are best to their women.” Reported by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a hasan îa sahih hadith.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by joueur ( Hocus Pocus):
Well, I am glad that you ask and want to learn. I believe the start of the straight path is to learn and pay efforts to understand. Dalia, Do you go to islamic lectures or stuff?

Give your other questions, please?

I don't recall asking any serious questions that you or your preferred sources would be able to answer -- or religious advice from you, for that matter. So please stop patronizing me. Thanks! I am pursuing knowledge in the way that seems best to me and with people I feel comfortable with.

If you were seriously interested in an honest conversation with me, you would go back to the beginning of this thread and respond to the questions I've already asked you.

I am not in the least interested in the *Islamic* lectures you would recommend; sorry, but I believe sources such as the book that we've been discussing here or Islam-QA to be anything but Islamic. There is nothing spiritual or enlightening or beneficial for me; if anything they are extremely offputting. I am interested in things that bring *me* closer to God, not in lectures about *benefits of hijab* / *how to be the perfect Muslim wife* etc. I am not interested in people telling me I'm not allowed to try to understand the Qur'an without a scholar or, for that matter, that I'm not allowed to touch it when having my period and other such crap ...

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
I remember reading in Hadith, That the husband will get good reward when treating his wife mercifully.

Wow, isn't that great!

But how come we never read a hadith saying that the husband's prayer will not be accepted if his wife is angry with him? Why don't we have scholars waging their fingers in the men's face, telling them that their wifes are their entry to paradise, and that the angels will curse them if they fail to be nice to them etc.?

It seems that in a lot of literature the advice to men to treat their wives kindly is just a friendly reminder; while the women are threatened with all sorts of horrible things (including "the wrath of God") that will befall them if they fail to please their husbands. Why don't we hear the scholars saying that "the husband should be aware of incurring the wife's wrath because that will lead to Allah being angry with him"???

I know you refuse to take a look at this double standard, as has been shown by your futile attempts to deny them. But they are there for every thinking person to see.

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
There is nothing spiritual or enlightening or beneficial for me; if anything they are extremely offputting. I am interested in things that bring *me* closer to God, not in lectures about *benefits of hijab* / *how to be the perfect Muslim wife* etc. I am not interested in people telling me I'm not allowed to try to understand the Qur'an without a scholar or, for that matter, that I'm not allowed to touch it when having my period
Hijab and other legal stuff ( Fiqh) will bring you close to Allah.

but I will do my best here to give some ismalic spiritual stuff that is not far from legal stuff.( from Islamqa )

The mercy of Allaah towards His slaves

The faith in his heart has wilted – what should he do?

May be we can pass to these stuff before the legal stuff

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
It seems that in a lot of literature the advice to men to treat their wives kindly is just a friendly reminder
I think that is because Men have more duties due to their physical nature. Those extra duties does not mean an extra reward. I think I pointed out this before.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
I think that is because Men have more duties due to their physical nature.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joueur, do you mind me asking how old you are?
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Hijab and other legal stuff ( Fiqh)

Btw, you're confusing things here. Fiqh is Islamic jurisprudence, it has nothing whatsoever to do with hijab.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Islamic Justice Needs Meld of Old and New

The Muslim world is once again in the international headlines and, as usual, for all the wrong reasons.
This time the incident which served as the catalyst for international condemnation took place in the state of Zamfara in northern Nigeria, when 17-year-old Bariya Ibrahim Magazu was flogged 100 times in public for the alleged crime of having pre-marital sex with three men.

The world was shocked not only by the punishment meted out to her, but also by the circumstances which led to her arrest and punishment.

For the controversy here lay not in the laws of Islam itself, but in how the laws have been used and abused.
From the beginning there have been serious questions raised about the case of Bariya Ibrahim Magazu. There were those who insisted that the girl was actually underaged (and was therefore exempt from such punishment).

Then there were the circumstances of her alleged crime itself: Bariya was accused of having pre-marital sex, but her accusers conveniently failed to note the fact that she was forced into having sex with the other men in the first place.
Nonetheless, the fact that Bariya was pregnant and unmarried was enough to provide evidence that sexual intercourse had taken place out of wedlock, and that she deserved to be punished.

While the Western press highlighted the controversy, (and anti-Islamic groups used it to further demonise the image of Islam and Muslims), the Muslim world was left mute and paralysed. Despite the obvious contradictions and problems with the case, few Islamic leaders were courageous enough to oppose the punishment openly.

This is hardly surprising, since most Muslim states are caught in a catch-22 situation, unable to condemn the abuse of Islam for fear of being branded anti-Islamic by diehard Islamists.

It is ironic that throughout the Muslim world today one of the factors that unites Muslims is double-standards and unjust treatment routinely meted out to Muslim women, who make up more than half of the global ummah.

Cases like Bariya's are not new nor unique. Similar complaints have been heard in other predominantly Muslim countries that have opted for a hasty and unreflective implementation of Islamic law - at whatever human cost to their own population.

In Pakistan, Afghanistan and many Arab states, similar legal norms apply, and women who have become victims of rape by men are forced to live in isolation for fear of being accused of pre-marital sex.

In cases where these unfortunate victims end up becoming pregnant, the options left to them are stark and harsh: either to live outside their own communities as outcasts or to undergo abortions to get rid of the babies that could be used as evidence against them.

As if the crime of rape is not bad enough, the abuse of the law by so-called advocates of Islamisation have compounded the lot of the Muslim woman even more.

In other Muslim countries where poor Muslim women have been forced into prostitution to stay alive and feed their families, the practice is condemned as a moral sin - but not the underlying economic and political factors that led to it in the first place.

(To claim, as some conservatives do, that some women actually want to become prostitutes to earn an easy living is so stupid an argument that we will not even address it here).

Muslim men, on the other hand, are often let off much easier. It has to be admitted that Islamic courts tend to be more sympathetic to men. This has nothing to do with Islam or any alleged gender-bias within the religion itself.

On the contrary, it has everything to do with individual Muslims and how many Muslim societies continue to perpetuate forms of patriarchal rule that are contrary to the universal humanism and egalitarian ethos of Islam.

Then there are the ulama who, as a class of savant-legislators, are made up almost exclusively of men who share a common educational and social background.

One of the saddest things to admit today is that till this day the Muslim world has not been able to break away from this esoteric and exclusive tradition, and that Muslims all over the world continue to live under the direction of self-appointed guardians of religious orthodoxy.

Most of these "learned and pious" men also happen to be mortal men with mortal failings, and among their most obvious weaknesses is their inability to address the contemporary issues and developments in Muslim society.

So if and when cases of rape and abuse do occur in Muslim society, it is hardly surprising that many of the ulama and doctors of Islamic law tend to point the finger at women instead of men.

The situation in the Islamic world cannot and will not change without steps taken to address the nature of the problem itself. This requires a radical thinking of the spirit and practice of Islamic law in contemporary Muslim societies.

For a start, the literalist approach to the Law will have to be questioned in the light of recent developments. Cases like Bariya Ibrahim Magazu's show that a literalist approach does not help enforce the law or uphold justice, but actually succeeds in doing the opposite.

It punishes the guiltless and allows the guilty to escape freely, thereby making a mockery of Islamic shariah law and making Muslims look like throwbacks to the mediaeval age.

Secondly, changes in the implementation of Islamic law will not secure any long-term results without major changes in the institutions of Islamic law themselves.

As long as Islamic courts and the interpretation of Islamic law are left in the hands of the same group of traditionalist clerics - mostly men - Islamic law and the legal system will remain the exclusive purview of a select few.

What the Muslim world needs today are younger judges educated both in traditional Islamic law (ilmu shariya) as well as the non-religious disciplines (ilmu akliyyah) such as sociology, economics, political science and the humanities.

This would allow for the creation of a legal culture sensitive to the changes in society and able to adapt itself to the natural process of social development.

Even if the Muslim world manages to pull this off, it does not mean that the injustices against women like Bariya Ibrahim Magazu will be undone. But it would at least mean that we will not be responsible for repeating the same mistake in the future.

An expedient approach to the implementation of Islamic law will never eradicate the problem of criminality in Muslim society, but only compound it further.

http://www.crescentlife.com/thisthat/feminist%20muslims/islamic_justice_needs_meld_of_old_and_new.htm

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
Joueur, do you mind me asking how old you are?

middle aged, why do you ask?

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
Hijab and other legal stuff ( Fiqh)

Btw, you're confusing things here. Fiqh is Islamic jurisprudence, it has nothing whatsoever to do with hijab.
ju·ris·pru·dence /ˌdʒʊərɪsˈprudns, ˈdʒʊərɪsˌprud-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[joor-is-prood-ns, joor-is-prood-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the science or philosophy of law.
2. a body or system of laws.
3. a department of law: medical jurisprudence.
4. Civil Law. decisions of courts, esp. of reviewing tribunals.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

I am familiar with the definition of the word "jurisprudence", so I don't understand what your point is.
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
le·gal /ˈligəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lee-guhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. permitted by law; lawful: Such acts are not legal.
2. of or pertaining to law; connected with the law or its administration: the legal profession.
3. appointed, established, or authorized by law; deriving authority from law.
4. recognized by law rather than by equity.
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the profession of law or of lawyers: a legal mind.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin]

joueur now we know what legal, Jurisprudence and fiqh mean but what do they have to do with hijab??

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Thanks, Ayisha, that's exactly what I was wondering about.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Hijab and other legal stuff ( Fiqh) will bring you close to Allah.

Excuse me, you don't have the slightest clue what brings *me* close to Allah.

People are different and so are their relationships with the creator. If you feel hijab and legal matters bring you closer to God, that's your right. But don't assume that will go for everyone else.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO its the 'legal' stuff that brings 'me' further away from God. The legal stuff is mostly made up from what some 'men' decide is 'Islamic Law' and IMO the 'law' is in Quran and as humans we were given the 'choice' to comply or not, with the 'punishments' or penalties for not complying.

Hijab, as in a scarf covering the hair, is not part of that 'law' in Quran. The 'hijab' is so much more than a scarf, its how one dresses modestly and how one conducts oneself with others, and Quran does say the best hijab is PIETY which comes in all forms from different people.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Question:
My question is short. I want to enter Paradise, I want to strive to control my self (my nafs), I want to kiss my mother’s hand every day, I want to keep away from whims and desires and from the Shaytaan, I want Allaah to call me a devoted slave on the Day of Resurrection, in sha Allaah, I want to love my brothers, and I want my faith to keep increasing. What should I do?.

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=34306&ln=eng

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Question:
How does participating in Hajj affect the life of a Muslim?.
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2807&ln=eng

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
The Importance of Prayer

Question:
What is the Importance of Prayer ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The importance of the prayer in Islam cannot be understated. It is the first pillar of Islam that the Prophet (peace be upon him) mentioned after mentioning the testimony of faith, by which one becomes a Muslim. It was made obligatory upon all the prophets and for all peoples. Allah has declared its obligatory status under majestic circumstances. For example, when Allah spoke directly to Moses, He said,

"And I have chosen you, so listen to that which is inspired to you. Verily, I am Allah! There is none worthy of worship but I, so worship Me and offer prayer perfectly for My remembrance." [Taha 13-14]

Similarly, the prayers were made obligatory upon the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) during his ascension to heaven. Furthermore, when Allah praises the believers, such as in the beginning of surah al-Muminoon, one of the first descriptions He states is their adherence to the prayers.

Once a man asked the Prohpet (peace be upon him) about the most virtuous deed. The Prophet (peace be upon him) stated that the most virtuous deed is the prayer. The man asked again and again. The first three times, the Prophet (peace be upon him) again answered, "The prayer," then on the fourth occasion he stated, "Jihad in the way of Allah." [This is form a hadith recorded by Ahmad and ibn Hibban. According to al-Albani, the hadith is hasan. Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani, Sahih al-Targheeb wa al-Tarheeb (Beirut: al-Maktab al-Islami, 1982), vol. 1, p. 150]

The importance of prayer is demonstrated in the many of the Prophet’s statement. For example, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.

The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the msot important aspect is one’s relationship to Allah, that is, one’s faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer. Therefore, if the prayers are sound and proper, the rest of the deeds will be sound and proper; and if the prayers are not sound and proper, then the rest of the deeds will not be sound and proper, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself stated.

In reality, the prayer is performed properly – with true remembrance of Allah and turning to Him for forgiveness – it will have a lasting effect on the person. After he finishes the prayer, his heart will be filled with the remembrance of Allah. He will be fearful as well as hopeful of Allah. After that experience, he will not want to move from that lofty position to one wherein he disobeys Allah. Allah has mentioned this aspect of the prayer when He has said,

"Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds" (al-Ankaboot 45). Nadwi has described this effect in the following eloquent way,

Its aim is to generate within the subliminal self of man such spiritual power, light of faith and awareness of God as can enable him to strive successfully against all kinds of evils and temptations and remain steadfast at times of trial and adversity and protect himself against the weakness of the flesh and the mischief of immoderate appetites. [Nadwi, p. 24]

The overall affect that the properly performed prayers should have upon humans is described in other verses in the Quran:

"Verily, man was created impatient, irritable when evil touches him and niggardly when good touches him. Except for those devoted to prayer those who remain constant in their prayers…" (al-Maarij 19-23).

As for the Hereafter, Allah’s forgiveness and pleasure is closely related to the prayers. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"Allah has obligated five prayers. Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu` [Khushu` in the prayer is where the person’s heart is attuned to the prayer. This feeling in the heart is then reflected on the body. The person remains still and calm. His gaze is also lowered. Even his voice is affected by this feeling in the heart. For more details on this concept (as well as the difference between it and khudhu`), see Muhammad al-Shaayi, al-Furooq al-Laughawiyyah wa Atharahaa fi Tafseer al-Quran al-Kareem (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ubaikaan, 1993), pp. 249-254.] has a promise from Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do that has no promise from Allah. He may either forgive him or punish him." [Recorded by Malik, Ahmad, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa’I and others. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 1, p. 616.] ]

The prayers are a type of purification for a human being. He turns and meets with his Lord five times a day. As alluded to above, this repeated standing in front of Allah should keep the person from performing sins during the day. Furthermore, it should also be a time of remorse and repentance, such that he earnestly asks Allah for forgiveness for those sins that he committed. In addition, the prayer in itself is a good deed that wipes away some of the evil deeds that he performed. These points can be noted in the following hadith of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

"If a person had a stream outside his door and he bathed in it five times a day, do you think he would have any filth left on him?" The people said, "No filth would remain on him whatsoever." The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said, "That is like the five daily prayers: Allah wipes away the sins by them." (Recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

In another hadith, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"The five daily prayers and the Friday Prayer until the Friday prayer are expiation for what is between them." (Recorded by Muslim.)

Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=34306&ln=eng

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
joueur, you never denounce rape.

Why don't you say that a man should treat his wife kindly and denounce rape? I haven't seen you give your definition of rape yet, and at least two people have asked you for this.

I'm still waiting for that one, too ...

quote:
You talk like a woman doesn't enjoy sex. That is why I think you view it as her duty. It seems that you think sex is totally for the pleasure of the man.

It's not surprising if you take a look at what many religious figures, including the morons from Islam-QA keep telling people. If someone claims a woman should be circumcised in order to limit her ability to enjoy sex, but at the same time says she has to jump into bed if her husband wants to, regardless of her own feelings ... doesn't that tell us a lot?
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Degrees of denouncing evil actions, and sitting with people who do evil actions

Question:
Does the hadeeth about changing evil actions mean to change it by leaving the place where it is happening, or should we stay there and hate it and denounce it in our hearts?

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=9287&ln=eng

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
doesn't that tell us a lot?
Untrue stories do never last.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=9287&ln=eng

Some have to deal with the evil action by their hands (i.e., by taking action), such as the imaam or leader, or his deputy to whom he has given authority, e.g. a father with his children, a master with his slave, a husband with his wife,

A husband is to his wife like a father to his children or a master to his slaves?!?

*puke*

“Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand (by taking action); and if he cannot do that, then with his tongue (by speaking out); and if he cannot do that, then with his heart (by believing that it is wrong and hating it) – and that is the weakest of faith.”

You, Joueur, do neither. So why are you posting advise you refuse to take on board for yourself?
[Confused]

quote:
quote:
doesn't that tell us a lot?
Untrue stories do never last.
That's my point. [Cool] Anyone with some brain and integrity can see that those people have no relation to reality and their statements are nonsense.
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Big proof to my fighting against evil is that thread. You are twisting facts.
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
3 That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed, so they understand not.
4 And when you look at them, their bodies please you; and when they speak, you listen to their words. They are as blocks of wood propped up. They think that every cry is against them. They are the enemies, so beware of them. May Allah curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path.
5 And when it is said to them: "Come, so that the Messenger of Allah may ask forgiveness from Allah for you", they turn aside their heads, and you would see them turning away their faces in pride.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joueur, Who are blocks of wood?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

Nope, I'm putting my finger on facts you would prefer to deny and ignore. Big difference. [Wink]
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
joueur, Who are blocks of wood?

the hypocrites
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Nope, I'm putting my finger on facts you would prefer to deny and ignore. Big difference. [Wink]
Yes, Those facts you said you have never seen or passed by.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

I'm sorry, I think you've lost me now. Your above statement is pretty much incomprehensible.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you see someone denouncing rape as a hypocrite? What would make someone a hypocrite in your mind? Why are you not able to define rape?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
Do you see someone denouncing rape as a hypocrite? What would make someone a hypocrite in your mind? Why are you not able to define rape?

no, I think those who misunderstand and lie are hypocrites. Those who Judge people wrongly and avoid themselves are hypocrites. Those who turn away from the straight path in pride are hypocrites.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
joueur, What is your definition of rape?

quote:
Joueur, why are you not answering the question about your definition of rape?

quote:
quote:
can you Answer my questions in the beginning of this fourth page ?

Sure, as soon as you take the time to reply to mine, particularly the one about your definition of rape.

quote:
quote:

Why don't you say that a man should treat his wife kindly and denounce rape? I haven't seen you give your definition of rape yet, and at least two people have asked you for this.

I'm still waiting for that one, too ...
quote:
Why are you not able to define rape?

Why do you keep ignoring this question, Jouer? I think that's extremely rude.
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, Those facts you said you have never seen or passed by.
quote:

quote:
Have you been in such a situation before?

Luckily no

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
Why do you keep ignoring this question, Jouer? I think that's extremely rude.

Not ruder than these statements

quote:
But I guess, given your and those sheikhs' ignorance about women's physical and mental makeup

quote:
You're sick.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

I stand by what I said. Claiming a woman can be beaten by her husband or that her genitals need to be mutilated is sick and ignorant. It's a fact, not an insult.
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:

no, I think those who misunderstand and lie are hypocrites. Those who Judge people wrongly and avoid themselves are hypocrites. Those who turn away from the straight path in pride are hypocrites.
How can someone who misunderstands be a hypocrite?

The definition of a hypocrite is someone who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold. So if you see the straight path as one way and I see it as another does not make either of us a hypocrite. Now if I were to follow your path (Islam) then this would make me a hypocrite because I do not believe that it is the straight path. What is right for you is wrong for me.

Maybe you do not understand the definition of the word hypocrite. That is the reason I keep asking you, and you keep avoiding the question "what is your definition of rape". Maybe you believe the same as I do about it yet you define it differently so it looks to me like you believe that rape is ok.

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
I stand by what I said. Claiming a woman can be beaten by her husband or that her genitals need to be mutilated is sick and ignorant. It's a fact, not an insult.

agreed...

I would like to add that claiming that a woman can be beaten by her husband or that her genitals need to be mutilated "IS" an insult to women. [Frown]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Category 1-A: The Hypocrites (Al-Munafiqeen) / Hypocrite (Munafiq):

This is a specialized sub-category of the Rejecters. Hypocrites claim they are trying to do what’s good for people but in reality they are only deceiving and trying to gain a profit for themselves out of manipulating people in the name of doing good, even though much harm might result from their advice or actions. However, what the Hypocrites do not know is that they are also deceiving themselves because god really knows the truth of their belief, and if they really believed in god, then they would have known that. Hypocrites are worse than Rejecters because they mislead trusting people into doing things that are harmful for them in addition to doing bad things themselves. Consequently the punishment for hypocrites is doubled:

[9:101] And from the Nomads around you are hypocrites, as well as from the city people, they persist in hypocrisy. You do not know them, but We know them. We will punish them twice, then they will be returned to a great punishment.

A Hypocrite may claim to be an Agnostic, Atheist, Nothing, or a Theist of some variety (Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, etc), but in reality they lack the belief in god.

Category 2: Those who have Surrendered (Al-Muslimeen) / One who has Surrendered (Muslim):

This category is of those people who have made the choice to Surrender or Submit themselves to the natural law of things, and live in a manner that is in accordance with the natural law. This means choosing a way of life that causes no harm to another human being as well as using the resources on earth prudently as required for survival and not being excessive. These people choose actions that are good, for themselves and for others, and avoid actions that cause harm to themselves or to others. It is possible that one who has Surrendered would occasionally make mistakes that the Rejecters and Hypocrites make, but as long as they realize their mistakes, make amends, and correct their behavior for the future, they are still amongst those who have Surrendered.

Those who have Surrendered can belong to any religion of the world or to none, and may identify themselves as Agnostic, Atheistic, Nothing, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, etc. One who has Surrendered is not allowed to judge another person and declare them to be non-Muslims. Only god has the authority to do so. Those who have Surrendered must respect the freedom of choice and thought of other people, and must not force their views and practices onto them.

[4:94] O you who believe, if you strike in the cause of God then make a clear declaration, and do not say to those who greet you with peace: "You are not a believer!" You are seeking the vanity of this world; but with God are many riches. That is how you were before, but God favoured you, so make a clear declaration. God is expert over what you do.

Those who have Surrendered may choose any method to pray (talk, call out, meditate) to god that they feel brings them closer to god, and in many cases people choose to pray in a way that is common to the people in their families and communities. They may choose to pray in privacy at home, silently in their minds, at a religious institution, or outside in public and with the community. Praying to god can also encompass such things as enjoying the various blessings of life and being appreciative of it, bringing a smile to someone’s face, sharing and caring, learning the mysteries that are hidden in this journey called life, exploring new uncharted territories, making scientific discoveries, educating others with good knowledge, etc. Since god is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, acts of prayer are not limited to any particular forms or times nor do they require any third party assistance directing or connecting people to god. A simple farmer can reach god directly through sincere reflection and good actions.

There are no obligations on those who have Surrendered to perform ritual acts of worship of any particular variety. The concept of worship to god has been greatly misunderstood by most people. Worship to god is not something that people should do because god needs it from the people. It is something that people engage in because that is what they need. The word for worship, “a’budu”, as used in the Quran, means “to serve”.

True worship is an act that goes towards the work of implementing the natural law. All things that are advancing the agenda of natural conduct are in worship of god. Worship to god is therefore not limited to acts of ritualistic practice that is taken as the most common understanding. An example of worship to god is participating in a social justice or peace movement to bring about greater good for humanity. Another example of worship is volunteering at an animal shelter to help those animals that would otherwise be treated cruelly. Yet another example of worship is acting in a responsible and loving manner towards one’s family, friends, and neighbors, and helping them out in this world.

The following verse in the Quran shows that even though one might not be a Believer yet, they can still Surrender, and that even before one becomes a Believer, their good actions will not go to waste.

[49:14] The Nomads said: "We believe." Say: "You have not believed, but you should say: 'We have surrendered', for belief has not yet entered into your hearts." If you obey God and His messenger, He will not put any of your works to waste. God is Forgiver, Merciful.

All those who have Surrendered, and therefore act in a way that increases the harmony in the universe, will enjoy the reward of a higher spiritual existence, nirvana, heaven, paradise, or whatever name you want to call it. This existence will be pleasing beyond our wildest imaginations and anyone who makes it to this level is beyond doubt very lucky.

[10:26] To those who do good work will be good and more, and their faces will not be darkened or humiliated. These are the people of Paradise, in it they will abide.

Islam as a system for everyone and the two categories of people in the Quran

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
You want to say that it is a fact That I and the sheikhs are sick and ignorant because you are misunderstanding and misjudging us.
What can we call you now?

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
quote:
How can someone who misunderstands be a hypocrite?

When he did it deliberately
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
you are misunderstanding and misjudging us.

Prove it.
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
You want to say that it is a fact That I and the sheikhs are sick and ignorant because you are misunderstanding and misjudging us.
What can we call you now?

What is being misunderstood? That is what I am trying to get at. Can you make it clearly understandable? That is why I ask for your definition of rape. The way you define it may be different than mine.

If it is done deliberately then it is not a misunderstanding, another term should be used. So lets try and keep the words with their proper meaning. I think that will help with understanding. A misunderstanding means that it is not understood.

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Here, If you are dong five things at that time, why will you need to Judge me? Why do not you give yourself a time to read and understand.
This is a clear example. Sorry, I do not like to Judge people and I am not perfect but I did it upon your request and to show you what you do.

quote:
It is already proven here more than one time.

This is the idea of twisted, sick men who hate women, it has nothing whatsoever to do with "God's will".
I'm surprised you are simply accepting such utter insanity and don't find anything strange about this.

quote:
quote:
did I say about rape or adultery? Do you gave glasses?

No, my eyesight is excellent. [Smile] But I'm doing five things at the same time right now, so I misread. Sorry.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

LOL, you seem very desperate, joueur. [Smile]

So I misread one of your statements once because I wasn't paying attention properly. I apologized for that because it's not my habit at all, as I'm sure most people on here can testify to. [Wink]

So now you are suggesting that, because of that, I never understand anything or pay attention to what I read?

Nice try. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] But a bit ridiculous nevertheless. Why do you always change the subject when you don't know what to say or are at a loss for arguments? That doesn't bode very well for who and what you claim to be.

Again -- prove to me where I misunderstood a particular statement and why. I know you won't be able to; but please be aware that any further attempts to distract from the subject in order to avoid this will only embarass you further.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com