EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Koran burnt in Florida church (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Koran burnt in Florida church
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koran burnt in Florida church
(AFP) – 4 hours ago

GAINESVILLE, Florida — A controversial US evangelical preacher oversaw the burning of a copy of the Koran in a small Florida church after finding the Muslim holy book "guilty" of crimes.

The burning was carried out by pastor Wayne Sapp under the supervision of Terry Jones, who last September drew sweeping condemnation over his plan to ignite a pile of Korans on the anniversary of September 11, 2001 attacks.

Sunday's event was presented as a trial of the book in which the Koran was found "guilty" and "executed."

The jury deliberated for about eight minutes. The book, which had been soaking for an hour in kerosene, was put in a metal tray in the center of the church, and Sapp started the fire with a barbecue lighter.

The book burned for around 10 minutes while some onlookers posed for photos.

Jones had drawn trenchant condemnation from many people, including US President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, over his plan to burn the Muslim holy book in September.

He did not carry out his plan then and vowed he never would, saying he had made his point.

But this time, he said he had been "trying to give the Muslim world an opportunity to defend their book," but did not receive any answer.

He said he felt that he couldn't have a real trial without a real punishment.

The event was open to the public, but fewer than 30 people attended.

Life in the normally quiet city of Gainesville is centered around the University of Florida. And while there were public protests against Jones' 9/11 activities, this event was largely ignored.

Jadwiga Schatz, who came to show support for Jones, expressed concern that Islam was growing in Europe.

"These people, for me, are like monsters," she said. "I hate these people."

Jones said he considered this event a success.

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hiqhizasRIx4id4gcrj5d09Gg_5g?docId=CNG.3c9302d7a8d3fe772d9bb86f058e598c.3b1

Here we go again..... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ? what's the point of posting this TL ? [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I don't post it someone else will. So what's your point, Dzosser???
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My point is clear..such a silly incident is obviously worthless.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL they tried the book and found it guilty of crimes [Big Grin] [Big Grin] fecking nutcases. And they call us violent terrorists [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:

Either you or vwwvvw would post this shite, why do you insist on carrying out your dogma of hatred upon a forum that doesn't appreciate the gesture?
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol...they had it soaking in kerosene before the virdict- so it was presumed guilty before judgement...they might move on to killing possesed pigs next....
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Either you or vwwvvw would post this shite, why do you insist on carrying out your dogma of hatred upon a forum that doesn't appreciate the gesture?
You are just jealous that you didn't post this piece before. Well you are always too late in anything, sono. That's why life passes you by without any glim.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

CLASSIC! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are just jealous that you didn't post this piece before. Well you are always too late in anything, sono. That's why life passes you by without any glim.
At least I don't have to lie about my current life or my life previously.

I wouldn't take an interest in a right-wing psycho cult, I don't live in North Carolina.

Its 4:30am here I am getting up to be in the office by 6am.

I think you are up at 5:30am to go to your job.

Yeah tigerweed had to get a fucking job which explains why she only posts before and after work now, because there is no internet access at a cash register.

One thing ES did give you was an ability to type and converse in English. It'll serve you well at a minium wage job.

better than someone else here who is assuming falsely the title of "British Accountant" working illegally and profiting from an unregistered non-profit.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

At least I don't have to lie about my current life or my life previously.

I wouldn't take an interest in a right-wing psycho cult, I don't live in North Carolina.

Its 4:30am here I am getting up to be in the office by 6am.

I think you are up at 5:30am to go to your job.

Yeah tigerweed had to get a fucking job which explains why she only posts before and after work now, because there is no internet access at a cash register.

One thing ES did give you was an ability to type and converse in English. It'll serve you well at a minium wage job.

Yayy a new addition to TL's imaginary life as Anastasia [Big Grin]

quote:
better than someone else here who is assuming falsely the title of "British Accountant" working illegally and profiting from an unregistered non-profit.
ooh who would that be then, do tell [Big Grin] Please let it be a new addition to my boring life as a locked up deserted poor old orfi wife. [Wink]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
ooh who would that be then, do tell [Big Grin] Please let it be a new addition to my boring life as a locked up deserted poor old orfi wife. [Wink]

Oh come on ****, wouldn't you jump at the chance of leaving that huge villa overlooking the Theban hills, your favourite place in the whole universe, and leaving that pool and this glorious 365 days a year SUN for a nice council flat with him in grey damp London?

Edit: Just read that back to myself and shuddered

Go out and plan more "non-profit" festivals to keep the cash flowing.

Otherwise you'll be in a "council flat" or in a west bank canal with slit wrists.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Oh come on ****, wouldn't you jump at the chance of leaving that huge villa overlooking the Theban hills, your favourite place in the whole universe, and leaving that pool and this glorious 365 days a year SUN for a nice council flat with him in grey damp London?

Ohhh I see, now I planned the festival and profited from it and all from a tongue in cheek post to Jane, amazing! Clever me!

quote:
Otherwise you'll be in a "council flat" or in a west bank canal with slit wrists.
You threatening me sono, or just not caught up with the details of your own fantasy life you are building for me? Take more water with it next time, you wont wake up with such a bad head. [Wink]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ohhh I see, now I planned the festival and profited from it and all from a tongue in cheek post to Jane, amazing! Clever me!

quote:
You threatening me sono, or just not caught up with the details of your own fantasy life you are building for me? Take more water with it next time, you wont wake up with such a bad head. [Wink]

How much of that "non-profit" monies went to local or national charities?

Did you ever bother to report a financial record with reciepts to the Egyptian Tax revenue?

Or is that something you don't have to do because none of you foreigners involved in this "non-profit" have work visas or are paying taxes on your earnings?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

How much of that "non-profit" monies went to local or national charities?
you are assuming there was a profit in the none profit 'festival' and you are assuming I organized it along with other expats, 2 wrongs there.

quote:
Did you ever bother to report a financial record with reciepts to the Egyptian Tax revenue?
again assumptions, it was an Egyptian organized event, I am not Egyptian unless you would like to add a chapter to my fantasy life?

quote:
Or is that something you don't have to do because none of you foreigners involved in this "non-profit" have work visas or are paying taxes on your earnings?
Earnings from an event organized by Egyptians for Egypt doesn't quite fall into the paying taxes or visa box sono. [Roll Eyes]
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I applaud the preacher who burned the Quran. Not because I hate Muslims (I don't) or the Quran, but because I find it disturbing that CAIR want to bring their blasphemy laws to America.

As long as people die in Islamic countries, for dropping the Quran on the floor or for criticizing Islam, I will support the right to burn the Quran (or the Bible or any other holy book).

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pakistan moves ahead with case against 17-year-old accused of "blasphemy" on school exam

"It was reported by a professor that he wrote some blasphemous remarks in the answer sheets of Physics and Islamic Studies papers."

And so authorities threw the book at Syed Samiullah, complete with recourse to a handwriting expert and psychiatric evaluations. The latter may save him from the blasphemy laws' death sentence, but mark him for the rest of his life as "mentally ill" at only 17.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/03/20/blasphemy-suspect%E2%80%99s-trial-to-start-on-29th.html

Pakistan: 17-year-old boy jailed for allegedly insulting Muhammad on school exam

There is no mention of what Samiullah may have written, or what an opportunistic school official seized upon to level the charge. But the past month of demonstrations in favor of Pakistan's blasphemy laws has clearly shown the extent of public support for them.

As such, it is natural that we will not only see more cases, but even more frivolous ones as people look for an excuse to jump on the bandwagon -- the blasphemy bandwagon.

Human Rights Watch has called on the Pakistani government to release a teenager who has been charged under the country's controversial blasphemy law.

Muhammad Samiullah, 17, is under arrest in the southern city of Karachi.

He is accused of blaspheming against the Prophet Muhammad in an examination paper. Human Rights Watch called the boy's case "truly appalling".

Same question as ever: Whose prophet? the very idea of protecting Muhammad, a mortal man, from "blasphemy" smacks of, well, shirk - the grievous sin in Islam of allegedly worshiping someone other than Allah. In the words of James Thurber, "you might as well fall flat on your face as lean over too far backward."

The blasphemy law has been in the spotlight since a Christian, Asia Bibi, was sentenced to death in November. [...]

'Mind boggling'

"Pakistan has set the standard for intolerance when it comes to misusing blasphemy laws, but sending a schoolboy to jail for something he scribbled on an exam paper is truly appalling," said Bede Sheppard, senior children's rights researcher, at Human Rights Watch.

There is no way not to misuse these laws. The only truly meaningful reform would be to repeal them.

"It's bad enough that a school official flagged it, but for police and judicial authorities to go ahead and lock up a teenager under these circumstances is mind boggling."
Everyone wants in on the action.

The alleged incident, reported by an invigilator, took place during high school final examinations, called intermediate exams, in Karachi's North Nazimabad neighbourhood.
Police officials said they arrested Muhammad Samiullah after a complaint was lodged by the chief examiner of the intermediate board on 28 January.

He was later produced in court where the magistrate sent him to a juvenile detention, while police pursue their investigations

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by vwwvv:
I applaud the preacher who burned the Quran. Not because I hate Muslims (I don't) or the Quran, but because I find it disturbing that CAIR want to bring their blasphemy laws to America.

As long as people die in Islamic countries, for dropping the Quran on the floor or for criticizing Islam, I will support the right to burn the Quran (or the Bible or any other holy book).

So you blame a book? You would have a BOOK tried and found guilty of crimes? It's not the BOOK that's killing people for dropping it. I would not support the burning of a BIBLE and I am Muslim, I would not support the burning of ANY book, it shows small minds and some sickness to want to burn another person's holy book, even if it's the Bhagavad Gita the holy book of Hindu.
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
No I blame the Muslims who value a book more than human life. As long as they act like maniacs everytime someone criticizes their religion, and put people to death for making fun of their prophet, I will support the burning of their book.
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
You are just jealous that you didn't post this piece before.
Very childish!!

This post is worthless as some people have said before me.

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
No I blame the Muslims who value a book more than human life. As long as they act like maniacs everytime someone criticizes their religion, and put people to death for making fun of their prophet, I will support the burning of their book.

So on the one hand you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ who taught love and on the other you think it's fine for people to make fun of another's belief and if they don't like it you burn their holy book? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me, but then that's you.
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
quote:
I would not support the burning of a BIBLE and I am Muslim, I would not support the burning of ANY book
Yet many Muslims support the burning of a human being because their perception of God is different:

Demands to ban Ahmadi sect in Indonesia continue to spread

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/03/21/demands-ban-ahmadiyah-flare-across-archipelago.html

One will recall that the recent wave of moves to ban Ahmadis from the public practice of their religion and even identifying themselves as Ahmadis began with the savage murder of three members of the sect.

Authorities, who regard them as a heretical Islamic sect, essentially blamed the victim for causing trouble by existing. And so the allegedly modern, moderate, tolerant Indonesia continues its slow purge of the group.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

TL is a Muslim Basher, this has been proved here on ES, the Mods know it and so do many other people know it.
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
I would not support the burning of a BIBLE and I am Muslim, I would not support the burning of ANY book
Yet many Muslims support the burning of a human being because their perception of God is different:

Demands to ban Ahmadi sect in Indonesia continue to spread

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/03/21/demands-ban-ahmadiyah-flare-across-archipelago.html

One will recall that the recent wave of moves to ban Ahmadis from the public practice of their religion and even identifying themselves as Ahmadis began with the savage murder of three members of the sect.

Authorities, who regard them as a heretical Islamic sect, essentially blamed the victim for causing trouble by existing. And so the allegedly modern, moderate, tolerant Indonesia continues its slow purge of the group.

And that has what exactly to do with burning a Quran or whether I would support burning a Bible? Nothing! And in Indonesia they even banned Christians from using 'Allah' claiming it to be 'Muslim' [Roll Eyes] There are nuts in every corner of every religion in every country.
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I would feel no shame in burning a few copy's of the bible.

The world needs to rid it self of this disordered so called religion.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:

3.3 It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

Do you think if all the Qurans in the world were burnt it would rid the world of Islam too?
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Are you American? The only people who should care what laws are and are not brought into America are their own citizens, surely?
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
"Are you American? The only people who should care what laws are and are not brought into America are their own citizens, surely?"

The person who burned the Quran is American. Do I have to be American to be concerned about it?

By the way, are you Libyan?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, vw is TB's official poodle now, eh? Hope she cleans up your poop after you [Wink]

No I'm not Libyan. But there's a world of difference between dictating to a country what laws they are and are not allowed to have, and the international community turning the other cheek whilst a despot massacres half of his people. Or wouldn't you agree?

Sorry, I digress...

I don't think anyone should be concerned about it. He bought a Quran. He burned a Quran. Ok, let's say that Quran cost him $15. The book salesman takes a cut, say $3. The distributor takes a cut, say $2. Ok, that's $10 going back to the publisher. No one is going to be taking any royalties, so that's a straight $10 in his pocket. And he takes that $10 and puts it back into production. So a book costs, what, $1 in raw materials to produce? Another $1 in labour? Ok, so from that one Quran that got burnt, another five got put into production - spreading the word this guy is so desperate to bury.

Is that smart? I don't think so. Is this the same guy who wanted to burn a whole pile of them? 200 copies? You do the maths. ROFL, the guy is a tool [Big Grin]

Presumably he'll be off now to get another copy. Next time he's spouting Islamaphobia in his sermons he'll naturally want to make sure he gets it right, word for word, eh.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

3.3 It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

[Big Grin] Ayisha I do understand where your coming from, you have the same fingertips as me!!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).
3.67 Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.

There is more to the 'label' Islam as is shown with Abraham, it wasn't a new invention when Allah named it in Quran.

quote:
[Big Grin] Ayisha I do understand where your coming from, you have the same fingertips as me!!
nah we all have different fingertips
75.4 Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.
[Wink]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
quote:
75.4 Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.
[Wink]

How would some nomad, more than 1400 years ago, from the middle of nowhere, ever know that fingerprints are the only way to identify one human from the other ?

The infidels believe that Muhammad pbuh, invented the Qur'an..the truth is that those are the words of Allah, as He has created every human with his own fingerprint, He shall revive each of us on judgement day with every single detail with such accuracy as in the fingerprints identifying us from each other.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
quote:
[Wink]

How would some nomad, more than 1400 years ago, from the middle of nowhere, ever know that fingerprints are the only way to identify one human from the other ?

The infidels believe that Muhammad pbuh, invented the Qur'an..the truth is that those are the words of Allah, as He has created every human with his own fingerprint, He shall revive each of us on judgement day with every single detail with such accuracy as in the fingerprints identifying us from each other.

I'm sure vw will have some anti-Islamic copy and paste to 'prove' it's all false. Just give it time. [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Did nomads from the middle of nowhere 1400 years ago do a lot of deep sea diving too I wonder?

24.40 Or (the Unbelievers' state) is like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, overwhelmed with billow topped by billow, topped by (dark) clouds: depths of darkness, one above another: if a man stretches out his hands, he can hardly see it! for any to whom Allah giveth not light, there is no light!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He shall revive each of us on judgement day with every single detail with such accuracy as in the fingerprints identifying us from each other."

Will we also have all our defects, like Down's Syndrome, or Epilepsy perhaps?

Will we be as we were at the time of our death? Or at the height of our potential mortal powers (for those who die in infancy, for example)?

Will we all dress as Muhammad did? Men having their beards long enough to wrap a fist around?

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ourluxor:

Will we be as we were at the time of our death? Or at the height of our potential mortal powers (for those who die in infancy, for example)?

Will we all dress as Muhammad did? Men having their beards long enough to wrap a fist around?

What are you expecting in Christian heaven, perhaps a few witches to burn on Sundays?

This has to be one of your most silly p$ss taking comments yet, I expected more from you.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ourluxor:

Who's 'we' ? [Confused]
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, I'm asking questions! It's impolite to answer a question with another question, you know that. And the witch burning thing is beneath you, surely? (If it isn't, I'll make sure you're first in the queue!)

It seemed from Mr Dzosser's post that entrants to Jannah (is that right?) will be as they were on earth, when they were alive. So, I'm just asking pertinent questions, what's wrong with that?

"Who's 'we' ?"
Very very good, Mr Dzosser! I forgot for a moment that I won't be there, will I? Well certainly not, if Mr Muhammad has any say!

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
I seriously doubt if infidels will be allowed to queue, books say they'll be deliberately shoved into hell once they die, it would be pointless for the angels to mind that particular lot.

[Roll Eyes]

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Pakistan: Two more Christians killed, churches burned as Muslims respond to Florida Qur'an burning

Two were Christians were just killed outside a church in Pakistan last week, and now two more have been killed because a Qur'an was burned in Florida. Note that we have never seen anything approaching this kind of rage over the alleged "hijacking" of Islam by jihadist "extremists."

I'd rather that the Qur'an be read than burned, but the murderous rage that the burning of a book has inspired should be illustrative, and should be condemned by Western authorities as the insanity that it is.

Islamabad (AsiaNews) - Two believers killed, churches attacked, copies of the Bible burned: the Christian community in Pakistan is once again the victim of violence by Islamic fundamentalists, who have targeted places of worship in the country. The extremist violence was triggered by the insane act - repeatedly condemned by Christians in Pakistan and India – of the pastor Wayne Sapp, who last March 20, in Florida burned a Koran under the supervision of the evangelical preacher Terry Jones. The escalating violence has raised alarm over the fate of Asia Bibi, a symbol of the abuses committed in the name of the blasphemy law. The bishop of Islamabad / Rawalpindi defines the US pastor a "fanatic" who encourages followers to a "violent ideology", the consequences of which have an impact "on innocent Christians" across the world.

"The extremist violence was triggered by the insane act". "Insane act"? Asia News is referring to burning a Qu'ran, rather than *murdering Christian* in reprisal.

How *insane* is that?

As to the pastor Terry Jones encouraging a "violent ideology", it must be noted that these are not *his* followers going on a homicidal rampage.

To say his actions will have an impact on innocent Christians across the world is to bizarrely ignore the Muslim fanatics that will threaten those innocent Christians.

More:

In the city The pastor of the church reports that "despite the condemnation of the burning of the Koran" the community "has come under attack because they think that we are linked to the Americans." He emphasizes that "we are Pakistanis, who were born in this land and we do not have any kind of relationship with the United States."

Infidels are *never* considered full citizens of Muslim nations—and never have been. Muslims also practice collective guilt—the actions of any Infidels are held to be the actions of them all.

This, to, dates back to the 7th-century Pact of Umar—where if any Infidel violated the "protection pact", then the entire community lost its "protection". Thanks to modern communication, the "community" can now mean Infidels anywhere in Dar-al-Islam suffering over the actions of any Infidel on the face of the earth, including in Dar-al-Harb.

More:

In a second incident, the Full Gospel Assembly Church, in the Badami Bagh area of Lahore, was attacked. Again fundamentalists burned the church, threw copies of the Bible into the street and accused the Christians of blasphemy, claiming they found pieces of the Koran, not far from the church...

Just in case referring to the actions of pastor Jones 5000 miles from Islamabad, they accused the local Christians of "desecrating" the Qu'ran, as well. Lest any readers assume this was specific to this case, it is not. Accusing Infidels of "desecrating the Qu'ran' is as meaningless—and as threatening-as a schoolyard bully going up the short kid and saying "I heard you were talking about my momma".

More:

Meanwhile, the weekend demonstrations were repeated against the burning of the Koran wanted by Pastor Terry Jones in different cities of Pakistan - among other Peshawar, Lahore and Islamabad. The demonstrators, who burned his picture and chanted slogans and chants against the United States, called for the death of U.S. preacher. Extremists also threatened reprisals and other targeted attacks against Christians, if the U.S. government fails to take action against Pastor Jones....

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Incredible!! Pakistan: ANOTHER church burned, Florida Quran burning touted as excuse

Christians now "no longer believe the promises of protection" of the police.

Third church attacked as Pakistani extremists declare war over Florida Koran burning

The ease of organization, intensity of these attacks, and disregard for the complete and obvious lack of affiliation between Pakistani Christians and one man's congregation in Florida show this wave of anti-Christian violence was a rampage waiting for an excuse. If Terry Jones and Wayne Sapp had not burned a Qur'an, the attackers would have found another opportunity to seize upon. After all, accusing local Christians of damaging Qur'ans is a popular pretext for violence across the Muslim world. In connecting their actions with the Qur'an burning, they are seeking sympathy and an excuse to act as they please.

They hope that people will blame Jones more than the people torching churches (at the price of implying that Muslims do not have the free will to restrain themselves), thereby tacitly endorsing the notion that the burning of one Qur'an is equivalent in magnitude to a yet undetermined number of burnt churches.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two UN staff beheaded and eight others murdered in protest against U.S. pastor who burnt Koran
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:27 PM on 1st April 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372442/Two-UN-staff-beheaded-murdered-protest-U-S-pastor-burnt-Koran.html#ixzz1IIWT6NMK

quote:

It looks like your radical Muslim brothers don't share the same opinion as you do. [Roll Eyes]
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
quote:
Two UN staff beheaded and eight others murdered in protest against U.S. pastor who burnt Koran
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:27 PM on 1st April 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372442/Two-UN-staff-beheaded-murdered-protest-U-S-pastor-burnt-Koran.html#ixzz1IIWT6NMK

quote:

It looks like your radical Muslim brothers don't share the same opinion as you do. [Roll Eyes]
Fundies are not to be taken lightly, so don't press your luck next time you linger on Hurghada's beaches with your skimpy pink bikini..you have been warned. [Razz]
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more than 20 people killed so far ...7 aid workers...bloody mad...pastor says he's not responsible....what the hell is going through the minds of the Muslims that kill over this????
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Because the Koran was revealed in the context of an all-out war, several passages deal with the conduct of armed struggle. Warfare was a desperate business on the Arabian Peninsula. A chieftain was not expected to spare survivors after a battle, and some of the Koranic injunctions seem to share this spirit. Muslims are ordered by God to "slay [enemies] wherever you find them!" (4: 89). Extremists such as Osama bin Laden like to quote such verses but do so selectively. They do not include the exhortations to peace, which in almost every case follow these more ferocious passages: "Thus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, God does not allow you to harm them" (4: 90).

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101011001-175987,00.html#ixzz1IZWd53e2

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

Idol....a person or thing that is the object of excessive or supreme adulation....(OED)

Wouldn't that then, explain these killers apparent reverence of the Quran (as an idol), seeing as they believe it's worth killing innocent people because someone loosely (and very loosely indeed) connected with them has burned one?

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
What's the problem ? A few monks and churches wasted here and there in return for the burning of the words of Allah the Almighty and Creator of the universe..classic. [Roll Eyes]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com