EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » ES book club » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190
 - posted
someone recently recommended The Other Boleyn Girl - I was a bit put off cos I get tired of all the Tudor dramas, but Ive just read this book (it only cost me 20p!) and really enjoyed it

Reality_Meanie
Member # 14540
 - posted
I saw the movie 'The Other Bolyen Girl' which explains the character of Elizabeth I much clearer.

Getting back to Egypt, I have literally dozens of books but as scanned images put into PDFs. I'd be willing to post them if anyone would want to read them.

Tiye
Member # 14655
 - posted
If you like period dramas Phillipa Gregory is excellent I've read them all so additive

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Reading 'Nefertiti' a novel by Michelle Moran.

Delicious Baron
Member # 15639
 - posted
If anyone wants ebooks on Egypt I have more than a few.

Some of them are quite hilarious including "The Leisure of an Egyptian Official"

Let me know if you're interested. [Smile]

advocate
Member # 13367
 - posted
I'm taking about 6 with me to Fuertaventura in the morning, I hope it's going to be enough for 2 weeks, I have to think of my luggage allowance otherwise I'd take more. [Smile]

cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Don't worry, you will lose your luggage anyway [Wink]

I have been reading the same book for three weeks now [Frown] since I have been in Egypt I just fall aasleep within 10 mintes of starting to read!

I will have to start with my audio books again.

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405
 - posted
Have any of you seen the new gadget advertised on the news today? Apparently, it is some small computer device that can be carried in your pocket and can hold up to approx. 160 novels [Smile]
Now that is a good luggage allowance device....imagine all the extra goodies I could bring on my next visit to Egypt [Smile]

cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I haven't seen that. I will definately look out for it though as I do love gadgets and books, I just have issues with staying awake to focus on the words!!!

I already have a few audio books and some are orated by the dullest of people and I lose interest but some I orated with such enthusiasm I am captivated.

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Oh I hate this idea [Frown] . Ipods fine, collecting music on small player with great sound, but books, they need to be books!!!!!!!!!. I like the whole thing of having a book infront of you, something real.

cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I used to love collecting books, dvds and CDs. Then I decided dusting them was a pain in the arse, so I condensed and went electronic.

The only cds, dvds and books I kept and lugged over are those that have been bought for me and I was too attached to part from them.

I love how I have a hardrive of films, Prison Break (phwoar factor) all my music and books. I love the portability.

I understand the book theory but I swear I have narcolepsy lol...

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Cheeky I'm I sad woman, I just love books in their original form. I have two book cases crammed with books of all descriptions and genres, they mean so much to me. To move there I understand you have to be selective. I would just find it very hard to say goodbye, told you I'm a sad woman [Big Grin]

cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I actually have a box with a friend of certain books I couldn't carry but could not seperate from.

Various reasons for attachment. I could only say see you later and not goodbye to some. I can be very sentimental.

I do understand, I really do [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Thanks cheeky, I'm glad It's not just me!

cbrbddd
Member # 3891
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
Have any of you seen the new gadget advertised on the news today? Apparently, it is some small computer device that can be carried in your pocket and can hold up to approx. 160 novels [Smile]
Now that is a good luggage allowance device....imagine all the extra goodies I could bring on my next visit to Egypt [Smile]

Amazon.com has a device that they have had on their website for awhile . . . so you can buy the book in the usual form or get a download to your http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73MA/ref=amb_link_6369712_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0MWMKPY3QTWB11Z3KA9K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=433125701&pf_rd_i=507846
Unfortunately it isn't cheap to buy, $359.00 . . . and it is a wireless device . . . I wonder how that would work in Egypt for downloading??? You can download books and newspapers,too.

Rashaa
Member # 15206
 - posted
I'm reading Heroes: Saving Charlie (the untold story of Hiro and Charlie).....after that I have a series by VC Andrews that I want to dig into...

are you guys thinking of choosing a title, and then discussing??? If so, I'd be in for it.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com