EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » The Kite Runner » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Rashaa
Member # 15206
 - posted
It's a very touching story by Khaled Hosseini.

Has anyone see the movie or read the book??

One scene that really stood out for me was when the Taliban stoned a couple accused of adultery...reminded me of a stoning I witnessed in Kuwait as a child... [Frown]

But overall I enjoyed the film. Check it out.

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
I was going to watch it but it got too boring. Didn't feel like waiting on it to get good. xD

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
I would love to see the film, I read the book last year and it was one of the best books I have ever read.

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
I think I might read an ebook version of it if I find it. Movie was too slow for my liking.

Tiye
Member # 14655
 - posted
Read the book its so moving... can't wait to see the film, hope I won't be to didapointed?

Khaled Hosseini second book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' such a touching insight into the struggle of Afghan women.

http://khaledhosseini.com/index2.htm

Rashaa
Member # 15206
 - posted
thanks for that Tiye!! I think it will be an interesting read as well...

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
My mum is reading it at the moment, I will read it next. I was going to watch the film but if it slow I may give it a miss!!!

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Yes the book was wonderful. Often the films can be disappointing because they can't reflect what the book portrays.Does anyone know when we can see it. Yes Tiye as you know I'm reading the second one, only a few chapters in.

Lady Ferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
It is available to watch on Showtime here so I imagine it will be available on virgin pay per view films or your equivalent.

Tiye
Member # 14655
 - posted
Hi all

Watched the film it was good but as always they missed some really important areas out of the film.

Enjoyed it but if honest a bit disapointed but still worth a watch. I would just read the book...

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190
 - posted
read the book, one of the best ive ever read -

hibbah
Member # 12156
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tiye:
Read the book its so moving... can't wait to see the film, hope I won't be to didapointed?

Khaled Hosseini second book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' such a touching insight into the struggle of Afghan women.

Personally I liked this book much more than I did the Kite Runner- I don't know if thats just because the protagonists are females in this one, but wow. So sad, but so beautiful. Really makes you stop and realize how much you have.

?????
Member # 12336
 - posted
If you like Khaled Hosseini, also read Anita Amirrezvani, Blood of flowers.

hibbah
Member # 12156
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

cool, is this a somewhat recent novel- like something ill be able to pick up at a barnes and nobles?

Lumos
Member # 14589
 - posted
So many great reviews for this novel. I'll order it today. Hibbah, nice to see you around!

?????
Member # 12336
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

cool, is this a somewhat recent novel- like something ill be able to pick up at a barnes and nobles?
In my country it is recent, and i just found out what barnes and nobles are.. [Smile]
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Blood-of-Flowers/Anita-Amirrezvani/e/9780316065764

Lumos
Member # 14589
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
quote:
Originally posted by Tiye:

Personally I liked this book much more than I did the Kite Runner- I don't know if thats just because the protagonists are females in this one, but wow. So sad, but so beautiful. Really makes you stop and realize how much you have.
I've just ordered 'The Kite Runner', 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' and 'The White Tiger'.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com