Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » tuna and cheese? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: tuna and cheese?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just been told that you cant eat tuna and cheese together as it makes 'something funny with your face, it goes a different colour' [Confused] anyone else here heard this? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, never heard of... I always eat a salad with tuna, eggs, olives and add some parmezan. (cheese)
I still look the same afterwards [Wink] .

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uggh the thought of tuna and cheese is about as repulsive as the thought of tuna on pizza. [Frown]

BUT I was just speaking to GET OVER IT about something else recently. My husband refuses to eat sandwiches made with luncheon meat AND cheese together, he seems to think that's horrible. She said her hubby is the same way. I tried to make him the typical American sandwich, lettuce, onions, tomato, luncheon, cheese, mayo (or mustard), etc., he thought I was going mad! [Roll Eyes] He insisted on sandwiches with either luncheon meat only or cheese only. [Confused]

Anyone else have similar experiences with their husbands? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I had it, waiting for face to change now [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, check the mirror regularly [Wink] and let us know...
Only if you start to look like Fiona in Shrek, you are in trouble!

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i eat cheese, tuna ,mayo and salad ,and banana on the same sandwich and have done for years,
without any ill effects at all.
all these old wives tales priceless! [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
I just been told that you cant eat tuna and cheese together as it makes 'something funny with your face, it goes a different colour' [Confused] anyone else here heard this? [Roll Eyes]

lol
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i make tuna melts on English muffins put your tuna salad on the muffin then add your fav. cheese and melt it yummy [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
nothing happened yet, wonder how long it takes [Confused]

Micky if you mention English Muffins again I will personally e-slap you [Mad]

In fact, if anyone mentions English Muffins, English Crumpets or Warburtons bread I will run amock and bash everyone [Mad]

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
English Muffins English Muffins English Muffins English Muffins oh and English Muffins [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ;)running for my life from Ayisha [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
still running [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
*slap* *kick* *beat* *glasgow kiss* *stomach thump* *more kicks*

consider yourself beaten to a pulp girly [Mad]

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
leaving for the hospital [Frown] send you the bill [Big Grin] [Cool]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
leaving for the hospital [Frown] send you the bill [Big Grin] [Cool]

Micky was that a real ambulance or a disguised ice cream van? [Cool]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
the ice cream man [Big Grin]
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was always told eating fish with milk will make you sick. Sounds like the same concept of fish and cheese?
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fish and Milk are really great together, never made me sick.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
am gonna team up with Ayisha, Micky !
would KILL for a Thomas's....boo hoo.

and I LOVE tuna melts...grilled cheese with Tuna, and throw on a slice of tomato...oh yummo.
But my face is already a tad strange....see - [Eek!]

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
my grand mom use to bake her rock fish in milk, we are still here [Roll Eyes] . never made us sick.

JB bring it on girl [Big Grin] [Wink]

Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuna and cheese have never turned my face a funny colour, only when I rub it all over my cheeks!

Tuna and cheese on Jacket potatoes is divine, on pasta it is wonderful, when you stick it under the grill.

Ayisha I had a crumpet for breakfast this morning, with melted butter [Wink]

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
mrs. is are so in trouble [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.:

Ayisha I had a crumpet for breakfast this morning, with melted butter [Wink]

Thats it!! Everything I sent you is programmed to explode at 2pm today! [Mad]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the heck IS a crumpet anyway?? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/niznoz/4460621/

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

ohhhhhhh! It's an English Muffin! [Wink] Yummy !
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Yorkshire, we call them 'pikelets'

lovely!!

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in fact, might buy some on my home from work for supper tonight -

Sam has some mates sleeping over tonight (ugh - 5 teenage boys on my living room floor - I'm leaving home lol [Smile] )

Ayisha, I'll be in Luxor in December, if the craving is that bad, I can fetch you some over (the muffins, not the teenage boys!!)

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
No smucks a muffin is different to a crumpet. And Dawn a pikelet is thinner than a crumpet, not seen a pikelet since I was a kid though, no wonder if you keeping them all in Yorkshire [Frown]

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
in fact, might buy some on my home from work for supper tonight -

Sam has some mates sleeping over tonight (ugh - 5 teenage boys on my living room floor - I'm leaving home lol [Smile] )

Ayisha, I'll be in Luxor in December, if the craving is that bad, I can fetch you some over (the muffins, not the teenage boys!!)

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Dawn my new bestest friend [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I want a 12 pack of crumpets from Sainsburys/Asda/Tesco, about 35p, a large Warburtons Loaf (White)and a dozen packets of 'Mediterranean Roast Vegetables' mix please [Big Grin] will add to list during next few months, bring large suitcase [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

No this is not a regular muffin, in America we call THIS crumpet an English muffin, but the regular muffins are quite a bit more like cake. These are quite good. [Wink]
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
lol!

good job I travel light then with luggage allowance going spare [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
oooh and whats that thing they have derbyshire and north, like a pancake but like a pikelet? Have it with an English Breakfast? large flat things oooooohh would lerve some of them [Frown]

I wanna go home [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
hmmm .... not sure about that

are you sure you are not hallucinating !!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
smucks do you remember krimpets
http://shop.tastykake.com/b2c/b2c/init.do

- yummy [Razz]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
hmmm .... not sure about that

are you sure you are not hallucinating !!

Oatcakes!!
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, we hope to be in Luxor by October. I'd be happy to include oatcakes or other things you can't get in the luggage, if you make a wee list.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
Ayisha, we hope to be in Luxor by October. I'd be happy to include oatcakes or other things you can't get in the luggage, if you make a wee list.

wee list:

1 Large warburtons medium white loaf
1 large warburtons toasty white loaf
2 large packs cheapy crumpets
2 packs Muffins (not the cakey ones)
2 packs blueberry muffins
2 packs double chocolate muffins
1 LARGE box Thorntons Continental
3 Large bars Bourneville or other dark chocolate (not the cheap crap)
2 boxes After Eight
Large toblerone dark choc
Lipfinity lipstick (Spicy seducant)
3 packs Asda Choc chip cakes (99p a pack of 3)
Salad cream
MALT VINEGAR!!!!
Tin Bamboo shoots
tin water chestnuts
sweet and sour sauce
black bean sauce
Thin noodles
prawn crackers
as many french sticks as you can carry
double gloucester cheese with chives
chives
sage
iceburg lettuce

will have a think for the rest [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
anything else? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god! rofl am havin a tena moment !! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:

wee list:

1 Large warburtons medium white loaf
1 large warburtons toasty white loaf
2 large packs cheapy crumpets
2 packs Muffins (not the cakey ones)
[Big Grin] 2 packs blueberry muffins
2 packs double chocolate muffins
1 LARGE box Thorntons Continental
3 Large bars Bourneville or other dark chocolate (not the cheap crap)
2 boxes After Eight
Large toblerone dark choc
Lipfinity lipstick (Spicy seducant)
3 packs Asda Choc chip cakes (99p a pack of 3)
Salad cream
MALT VINEGAR!!!!
Tin Bamboo shoots
tin water chestnuts
sweet and sour sauce
black bean sauce
Thin noodles
prawn crackers
as many french sticks as you can carry
double gloucester cheese with chives
chives
sage
iceburg lettuce

will have a think for the rest [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Bloomin' hell. I'm glad I didn't ask for a long list! [Big Grin] I 'll have to sacrifice all shoes and sandals to get that lot in! You sound like a woman who hasn't eaten for ten years. [Eek!]
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
[Big Grin]
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband eats cheese with lunch meat. He eats cheese with almost everything actually. Sometimes in weird combos. For instance..the other night he made himself a cream cheese, strawberry jam and cheddar cheese sammie. He said it was really good, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Uggh the thought of tuna and cheese is about as repulsive as the thought of tuna on pizza. [Frown]

BUT I was just speaking to GET OVER IT about something else recently. My husband refuses to eat sandwiches made with luncheon meat AND cheese together, he seems to think that's horrible. She said her hubby is the same way. I tried to make him the typical American sandwich, lettuce, onions, tomato, luncheon, cheese, mayo (or mustard), etc., he thought I was going mad! [Roll Eyes] He insisted on sandwiches with either luncheon meat only or cheese only. [Confused]

Anyone else have similar experiences with their husbands? [Confused]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
He said it was really good, lol.

It is!!

Does he also eat weird stuff with honey ? (Like cucumbers [Eek!] ?)

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
cucumbers and honey are good with fresh dill and vinegar [Razz]
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah no honey. He does put ketchup on a lot of things though.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Hmm, like fish or rice ?

Wow, I'm really weird. [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Hmm, like fish or rice ?

Wow, I'm really weird. [Big Grin]

you are [Smile]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
And Eggs.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
gross [Razz]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com