Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » tuna and cheese? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: tuna and cheese?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Ayisha, we hope to be in Luxor by October. I'd be happy to include oatcakes or other things you can't get in the luggage, if you make a wee list.

wee list:

1 Large warburtons medium white loaf
1 large warburtons toasty white loaf
2 large packs cheapy crumpets
2 packs Muffins (not the cakey ones)
[Big Grin] 2 packs blueberry muffins
2 packs double chocolate muffins
1 LARGE box Thorntons Continental
3 Large bars Bourneville or other dark chocolate (not the cheap crap)
2 boxes After Eight
Large toblerone dark choc
Lipfinity lipstick (Spicy seducant)
3 packs Asda Choc chip cakes (99p a pack of 3)
Salad cream
MALT VINEGAR!!!!
Tin Bamboo shoots
tin water chestnuts
sweet and sour sauce
black bean sauce
Thin noodles
prawn crackers
as many french sticks as you can carry
double gloucester cheese with chives
chives
sage
iceburg lettuce

will have a think for the rest [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Bloomin' hell. I'm glad I didn't ask for a long list! [Big Grin] I 'll have to sacrifice all shoes and sandals to get that lot in! You sound like a woman who hasn't eaten for ten years. [Eek!]
sandals you can buy here, sacrifice shampoos too and bring a LARGE INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH FAIRY POWER SPRAY [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Ayisha, but the most of the sandals I've seen in Luxor are horrible. I used to practice learning Egyptian numbers by reading the prices in the shoe shops there and they are not pretty. We may go to Cairo for a week first, so anything packed for you will have to be long life or tinned... unless you want a stale loaf? The Fairy Spray, I can do!
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Ayisha, we hope to be in Luxor by October. I'd be happy to include oatcakes or other things you can't get in the luggage, if you make a wee list.

wee list:

3 Large bars Bourneville or other dark chocolate (not the cheap crap)
2 boxes After Eight
Large toblerone dark choc
Salad cream
MALT VINEGAR!!!!
Tin Bamboo shoots
tin water chestnuts
sweet and sour sauce
black bean sauce
Thin noodles
prawn crackers
as many french sticks as you can carry
chives
sage
iceburg lettuce

you can get all of this in Cairo [Big Grin]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
typical egyptian saying i think? Morad in sharm used to say cant eat fish with milk or cheese, it will make you sick. I laugh at it cause i grew up eating fish made in milk or with cheese and never got sick once. If that were true everyone that eats Tuna helper in the states would be sick, as its basically made with milk and cheese.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Turkey people don't eat fish with milk or cheese either. But normaly it s a kind of allergic reaction of your body.
For some people, when they eat them together, it poisons them.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
typical egyptian saying i think? Morad in sharm used to say cant eat fish with milk or cheese, it will make you sick. I laugh at it cause i grew up eating fish made in milk or with cheese and never got sick once. If that were true everyone that eats Tuna helper in the states would be sick, as its basically made with milk and cheese.

thats true especially tuna casarole
milk cheese and all thats good lol

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com