EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » E3b Origins (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: E3b Origins
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meskel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meskel:
[qb]
Yea, ok i get it. I was talking about body. Somalis and sudanese have long legs, arms, wide shoulders like this.
 - Even arabs have long arms and legs.
While it is the opposite for Ethiopians/Eritreans, must be adapted to the cold mountains.

Technically, all Africans have tropical adapted (long limbs) with 'elongated' types having the longest. But you seem to generalize about Ethiopians, as there are many groups who do have elongated bodies, like the Oromo.

Objective data vs. subjective opinion = no contest.

Sorry I didn't see amhara on there. Also, there are over 50 different oromo groups from north to south with all of them looking different. Oromos do cluster together but each of these groups are different unlike somalia and other groups. Northeren oromos (higher the mountain) have short body and short stature while the lower you go and the further south they get more elongated. Also Ethiopians don't get made fun of their short stature for no reason. Ever heard somalis refer to Ethiopians? They call Ethiopians short, midgets. More specifically, they have short arms and legs.
Posts: 234 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
quote:
Objective data vs. subjective opinion = no contest.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meskel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have any data on the amhara, tigre, afar, tigray, Harari, Ajuran, Arsi, Garreh, Ittu, Macha, Orma, Rendille, Tulama, Wallo, Yejju and hundredes more in Ethiopia alone. So, you see? you can't just say all "East-africans are elongated" (limbs).

I can't wait until I see the "OBJECTIVE DATA" for those. [Roll Eyes]

Like I said most Ethiopians are know to have short legs and arms. What I just said is not contradicting because it is obvious. I dont need some data to tell me what I can clearly see. Consider it the Craniofacial Anthropometry or phenotype of limbs LOL. On the other hand some research on this would be nice. [Big Grin]

Posts: 234 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaahin
Member # 11967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaahin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
Obviously none of you ever took a Statistics class. Small samples can be representative of larger populations. No one is asking you to take the data as 100% correct, but it usually has a 95% confidence with a +/- 3% margin of error. Plus, these studies are not at all outliers; the data collected by multiple scientists and studies corroborate the data.

Hello,

Yom, you have some how failed to grasp the point. If you re-read my post once more may be you will.

On the contrary, I have taken statistics courses many times as part of my medical education. As you know, you can not base a small sample size that is not representative as a whole on your conclusions to claim either way. Rather, it only gives you an idea that need to be explored further. Otherwise, as you are well aware of, the study will be doomed. Bottom line is that Somalis are not as homogeneous as some may claim and are of different ethnic groups.

And so in conclusion, to refute your claim that a small sample can be representative of the population. this will only be true if we are sampling one same group/people. Compare oranges to oranges sort of a scnerio, which does not hold for this case.
For example, if we sample a group in the southern end of ethiopia near the kenyan border, one can not claim that this sample is representative of all of ethiopia...to say yes is simply naive and further from the truth....which, by the way you, are emplying.

for a sample to be bias free and credable, it has to be representative of the larger population and even then must be random.

Regards.

Posts: 52 | From: Guatanamo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meskel:
ou can't just say all "East-africans are elongated"
[Roll Eyes]

No one did. Go back and read carefully what was said.

Then roll those eyes up and around til you see the back of your own head...the possible source of the difficulty. [Cool]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kawashkar
Member # 11828

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kawashkar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
African lineages Djehiti?
What do you mean. All people came from Africa,

I mean Greek included.

KAWASHKAR

Posts: 413 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by salah:
dijuti when u say the word ABOUT u know it is just prediction . it could well be 50 percent to 80 percent . again djihuti u are just predicting as u said predicted when i showed u some wikipedia results that that lineages could be a african lineage . i hope u anderstand me .

Dude, what is your problem?

Simply put the typical somali has from 0% to 5% admixture. Are you done now?

dude,understand me . this guy always says somalis have 5 percent bantu bantu bantu but when asked about somalis having west asian lineages he sometimes says there is not, other times he says 15 percent of somali lineages are eurasian . he is confusing this boy . i do not know what is wrong with him.i just want him to say something and stick with it .
Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
He never said 15%. Just stop this repeating of the same stuff that has been gone over already.
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
ou can't just say all "East-africans are elongated"
[Roll Eyes]

No one did. Go back and read carefully what was said.

Then roll those eyes up and around til you see the back of your own head...the possible source of the difficulty. [Cool]

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Technically, all Africans have tropical adapted (long limbs) with 'elongated' types having the longest. But you seem to generalize about Ethiopians, as there are many groups who do have elongated bodies, like the Oromo.

^^^ FALSE
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

but some studies say somalis predominantly carry 15 percent west asian lineages .

quote:

Obviously none of you ever took a Statistics class. Small samples can be representative of larger populations. No one is asking you to take the data as 100% correct, but it usually has a 95% confidence with a +/- 3% margin of error. Plus, these studies are not at all outliers; the data collected by multiple scientists and studies corroborate the data.

Indeed, but I really think Salah thinks that most of the Somalis sampled actually 15% Asian ancestry!! LOL [Big Grin]

She obviously does not know that the studies do not measure ancestry among individuals but among entire populations. Thus out of the whole group of Somalis sampled, 15% have Asian ancestry-- that is 15 out of 100 Somalis have Asian ancestry which is overall very little!

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kawashkar:

African lineages Djehiti?
What do you mean. All people came from Africa,

I mean Greek included.

[Embarrassed] I was referring to recent African lineages like E which is found in Europe in greatest frequency among Greeks and corresponds to Neolithic expansions!

I said this before, but apparently your mixed-up mind can't comprehend what is meant by recent! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

but some studies say somalis predominantly carry 15 percent west asian lineages .

quote:

Indeed, but I really think Salah thinks that most of the Somalis sampled actually 15% Asian ancestry!! LOL [Big Grin]

She obviously does not know that the studies do not measure ancestry among individuals but among entire populations. Thus out of the whole group of Somalis sampled, 15% have Asian ancestry-- that is 15 out of 100 Somalis have Asian ancestry which is overall very little!

but dujuti if 15 percect had asian lineages that does not mean only 15 percent of somalis have asian lineages .it is only the people who were sampled .
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
She obviously does not know that the studies do not measure ancestry among individuals but among entire populations. Thus out of the whole group of Somalis sampled, 15% have Asian ancestry-- that is 15 out of 100 Somalis have Asian ancestry which is overall very little! .
yes the problem was there was misanderstandment.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

but dujuti if 15 percect had asian lineages that does not mean only 15 percent of somalis have asian lineages .it is only the people who were sampled .

quote:
Yom answers:

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salah:
quote:
Ok since you are also Arab then most likely you also belong to those 15%, congratulations,lol. Now please move on stop your arabwashing campaign, be proud of your arab ancestry, but no need to create something there that doesn't exist on others,its proven majority of somalis are related to other east-africans than Arabs, thats it, period.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
Salah:
quote:
Ok since you are also Arab then most likely you also belong to those 15%, congratulations,lol. Now please move on stop your arabwashing campaign, be proud of your arab ancestry, but no need to create something there that doesn't exist on others,its proven majority of somalis are related to other east-africans than Arabs, thats it, period.
oh please i am a pure somali . just beacause my mum is a arab salah (who are very mixed with the somali population) does not make me a arab and there is nil evedince that only 15 percect of somalis are mixed .
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
No offence but what the hell is wrong with these somalis? [Confused] It is like they are doing it on purpose. [Eek!]
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
No offence but what the hell is wrong with these somalis? [Confused] It is like they are doing it on purpose. [Eek!]

what do u mean doing it on purpose? i am just asking qestions ?
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
i am just saying there is nil evedince that only 15 percent of somalis are mixed and just because they examined some 300 to 400 somalis does not mean that they represent all somalis .
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
dujuti all the tests done show some somalis have foriegn mixture but the problem is they do not say which group of somalis are they and which part do they come from. if they did so we would have knew sertain somalis are mixed and who are they . i hope u get my point .
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
Salah:
quote:
again who are these majority of somalis . who are these minority ethnic somalis that are mixed????? again there are a lot of un answered qestions .
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh, shut up!
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
ahhh, shut up!

thats not an answer.
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:

LOL, look at habesha/jeegna acting all smart and civilised in this forum [Big Grin]

you better watch your mouth or else I'll have to post your little homemade video, don't force me [Big Grin] you know what i'm talking about,lol

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

i am just saying there is nil evedince that only 15 percent of somalis are mixed and just because they examined some 300 to 400 somalis does not mean that they represent all somalis .

[Embarrassed] You call genetic such genetic studies "nil" evidence?

Also, Yom answered your question about the samples. Small random samples can be representative of a whole population.
quote:
dujuti all the tests done show some somalis have foriegn mixture but the problem is they do not say which group of somalis are they and which part do they come from. if they did so we would have knew sertain somalis are mixed and who are they . i hope u get my point .
The studies were done on ethnic Somalis regardless of clan, and no matter how much you whine the results still stand.-- Vast majority of Somalis have no Arab lineages but native east African lineages.

Get over it! [Roll Eyes]

MichaelFromQuebec
Member # 10907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelFromQuebec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Small random samples can be representative of a whole population.
They can also be tempered with.

quote:
The studies were done on ethnic Somalis regardless of clan, and no matter how much you whine the results still stand.-- Vast majority of Somalis have no Arab lineages but native east African lineages.
The number of confounding variables which would arise from ignoring clan or region could very well make this study as valuable as a used tissue paper.

If it's possible could you please post some of these statistical studies?

your best friend MichaelFromQuebec

Posts: 94 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh JESUS, they're coming out the woodwork!!!!!
Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelFromQuebec
Member # 10907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelFromQuebec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[quotes]If it's possible could you please post some of these statistical studies?[/quotes]

I mean "more" studies , preferably one which tested by region/clan.

Posts: 94 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelFromQuebec:
They can also be tempered with.

Assume you mean tampered with.

Some geneticists have been accused of tampering with sample data in order to hide the Black African ancestry in Southern Europeans.

One method involves throwing out data that does not conform to a-priori bias.

For example,there are a few genetic studies that claim to find absoultely no E3a [West African] male lineages in Southern Europe, yet in a recent British study, Mediterranean Ethnic appearance groups were found to have 7% E3a.

There is big difference between 7%...and nothing.

And since most geneticists are European or white Americans...where does Mike the Dodonan think the bias is most likely to be found?

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Yeap, and in any case, the underlying implications of the findings yielded form the Somali samples in question [i.e. as used by Sanchez et al.], with regards to E-M78 monophyletic units, is not the attribute of a single study.

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Also, Yom answered your question about the samples. Small random samples can be representative of a whole population.
quote:

Get over it! [Roll Eyes]

u probebly seem to not understand me . somalis are divided into lots of diffrent groups and they live in diffrent places . i was just saying if they said where these somalis came from it would have been better olso some stupid 300 people who we do not know which ethnic group are cannot represent us all . u should understand what people say .
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
[quotes]If it's possible could you please post some of these statistical studies?[/quotes]

and thats what i am trying to say .
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 pages later

quote:
Originally posted by MULLAH'S_REVENGE:
a person looking for a so-called hybrid race with the name somali will never be satisfied with info that contradicts her never ending Quest

but continue..
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
what info ??? who are these info from?????? which somali group are these people???????????????????
and continues...... its no problem that somalis are mostly not mixed but i just would like if they provided much information . for example if it would have been a sothern somali some explanation might happen like saying this person might have had banadir forefathers etc .

Kaahin
Member # 11967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaahin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

LOL, look at habesha/jeegna acting all smart and civilised in this forum [Big Grin]

you better watch your mouth or else I'll have to post your little homemade video, don't force me [Big Grin] you know what i'm talking about,lol

Shame, Shame, Shame

shame on you yonis

Posts: 52 | From: Guatanamo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Get over it! [Roll Eyes]

u probebly seem to not understand me . somalis are divided into lots of diffrent groups and they live in diffrent places . i was just saying if they said where these somalis came from it would have been better olso some stupid 300 people who we do not know which ethnic group are cannot represent us all . u should understand what people say .

salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^^ [Roll Eyes]
quote:

2 pages later

quote:
a person looking for a so-called hybrid race with the name somali will never be satisfied with info that contradicts her never ending Quest

but continue..
quote:

[Embarrassed] No matter how hard they try.
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
'now matter hard they try' . you r really agnorant and u do not listen . what he and i are trying to say is that they should provide more information to know which ones r mixed amnd which r not. it's just like saying some ethiopians are mixed and not saying which .
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
quote:
'now matter hard they try' . you r really agnorant and u do not listen . what he and i are trying to say is that they should provide more information to know which ones r mixed amnd which r not. it's just like saying some ethiopians are mixed and not saying which .

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Most J lineages in Ethiopia are in the northern areas close to Yemen. Most J lineages in Somalia are in coastal areas where there have been historical Arab settlements.

Are you happy now?

Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most J lineages in Ethiopia are in the northern areas close to Yemen. Most J lineages in Somalia are in coastal areas where there have been historical Arab settlements.

Are you happy now?

Yes but the age of the J lineages in Ethiopia far predate any South Arabian civilization, as they date to the Neolithic.
Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^I never said it didn't! Only that J is still a West Asian lineage. It's spread to Ethiopia most likely had to do with Neolithic expansions of West Asian populations among the predecessors of 'Arabs'.
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

Are you happy now?

Yes but the age of the J lineages in Ethiopia far predate any South Arabian civilization, as they date to the Neolithic.
Yeap, but not necessarily all of the J lineages in Ethiopia predate historic interactions between the African Horn and South Arabia.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and why do E3a individuals look so different from E3b ones?
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nilo-Saharan speaking people in Ethiopia and Sudan carry a large amount of E3b, Khoisan people in Southern Africa people as well, but they don't look alike...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ This makes no sense. E3a and E3b are genetic lineages. There are no 'looks' associated with either one.
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ This makes no sense. E3a and E3b are genetic lineages. There are no 'looks' associated with either one.

that E3a individuals are primordialy black, and e3b ones are primordially light brown like middle easterners,you can see it on the genogrphic project pics of the individuals.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haplogroups don't have anything to do with phenotype, in Southern Ethiopia even in Eritrea there are many people with broad faced phenotype especially among Nilo-Saharan and Omotic speaking people...and they carry largelly E3b:
Here is a Surma person from Ethiopia and unlike in Somalia there are no Bantu speaking people in Ethiopia, so you can be sure that they are mainly E3b and they didn't mix with outside people unlike some cushitic and semitic groups because they are very isolated:
 -

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com