EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Towla » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
daria1975
Member # 6244
 - posted
Or backgammon, in case I screwed up the Arabic name.

Do women commonly play this game in Egypt? Or just men? Just curious, cuz I love to play....

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Or backgammon, in case I screwed up the Arabic name.

Do women commonly play this game in Egypt? Or just men? Just curious, cuz I love to play....

BOTH play it .

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633
 - posted
Are you coming to egypt soon ?
and you worry if you can play it or not ?

south_london_male
Member # 3917
 - posted
Towala: is a game which by tadition is played at cafes, hardly even played at home , exept by old men, Towla a, Domino and Chess are mainly, if not only played by men in Egypt , so if you are living /going to Egypt then do not count on finding female partners to share the Towla game with you
If I am not worng I think the backgammon is a diffeernt game , at least in the roles

daria1975
Member # 6244
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by someone_lost:
Are you coming to egypt soon ?
and you worry if you can play it or not ?

I'm a woman. I like to play this game, but my fiance doesn't. How about kids? Is this something I can play with my soon-to-be neices and nephews?

daria1975
Member # 6244
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by mohsen1000:
Towala: is a game which by tadition is played at cafes, hardly even played at home , exept by old men, Towla a, Domino and Chess are mainly, if not only played by men in Egypt , so if you are living /going to Egypt then do not count on finding female partners to share the Towla game with you
If I am not worng I think the backgammon is a diffeernt game , at least in the roles

I don't know, honestly, if it is different or not. It's the same board -- I guess I just assumed it was the same.

bob the dog
Member # 4691
 - posted
I tried to play it with an Egyptian male friend.. he was explaining the rules as we were going along... I've never been so confused about a simple game!!??
Maybe it was his explanation?? Come to Hurghada and I'll play it with you if you can explain it better than this guy!!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
i know alot of women play towla. especially in those new posh cafe's, you will find girls and boys playing it. my aunt and her husband, both retired, spend their entire day playing it. sometimes the game becomes so heated, they become angry, and stop talking to each other for a couple of days!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com